Thread: 2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S

2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S

This is my fourth Ducati, and first Hypermotard. I'm pretty excited! It's an '08 1100S with a single Termi exhaust but otherwise stock except for mirrors.

Plans are to keep it stock but have the suspension revalved for my weight. Oh, I might try an extended tank as well.

If I can't wheelie on this thing, I'll never fucking be able to.

Nice one, do like them and would like to own one sometime!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Ultimate hooligan machine, had a loaner one while getting a service years ago 'accidental' wheelies everywhere.
    Also Reubin Xaus release pic is epic.

Fuck yeah that is sweet mate! Always fspped over the hyper

Thanks lads. It needs a new chain for sure so I'll probably go -1 tooth on the front sprocket at the same time. I'm considering the 6.4gal CA Cycleworks tank but other than that I'll keep it stock. Actually I should see if it has the stock ECU too, given that it has the Termi can...

Needed a new chain and sprocket set, so I went with -1 on the front. Imported this stuff from the UK as it was more than $100 cheaper than getting it in the US!

Oh, the bike broke down the 2nd time I rode it. On my way home from the office, it stalled at a traffic light. Restarted it, and it stalled a few hundred yards (sorry, meters ) later. Wouldn't restart -- weird. Would crank slowly but just not catch. Caught an Uber home, picked up the trailer, went back and picked up the bike.

Got it home, still no start. Dash showed 12V with ignition on and ~10.5V when cranking, fuck. Swapped out the battery on my dirty old VFR, still no start. And it was still cranking really slowly. Figure the VFR battery is dead too. Yell at the cunt, order a new lithium battery and install that.

Still no fucking start.

Then I wonder... maybe it's out of fuel?

Yeah.

The low fuel light works when you turn the ignition on, but the low fuel sensor is fucked. Even with a bone-dry tank, the light never comes on. Turns out this is a common thing! It didn't stall, the battery didn't die, it just ran out of fucking fuel.

LOL bummer, but lesson learned and you'll fill up early now! Still amazes me on some modern bikes they only fit a fuel light (my late 04 ZX10 was the same but you get a feel for when you need to stop after a while) Least you have a nice light new lithium battery.
    Hide yo' wife!!!