Thread: 2017 Going to F1 Races

Registered tax offender SuperDave's Avatar

2017 Going to F1 Races

I'm planning on going to the Canadian GP this year, I'm eying off a grandstand at the turn 2/3 complex or the back hairpin. Anyone else heading over? Any tips etc?
    My car
    Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

I went in 2012, stand 11 I think? at the 1st corner facing back towards the front straight, great spot. Can't really comment about any other grandstands, but GA looks like a waste of time, there isn't really any banking to be able to see well, plus you're looking through the fence, can get pretty close though, so it's ok for a short time in practice while the crowds are small.

Transport is easy, the subway is all over the place and then there is a 1km or so walk to the 1st corner, less if you're at the hairpin. Accom was exxy, as you'd expect, the place I stayed was above an adult shop... there could be deals to be had these days with airbnb?

I'm sure I'll think of more later...A++++ would do again when I'm not a poor cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR
    Yes but more power is the solution, even if lack of power isn't the problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by T0nyGTSt View Post
    i wouldn't mind a woman who didn't speak

what are they gonna converse with you about? your fucking feelings and aspirations?

i'm only interested in xbox360, VB raw, skids and LCDs...

I sat at the first grandstand in the hairpin, was a decent spot with the cars hitting the brakes from shit hot speed shortly before where i was and can see all the way around the exit of the corner, but up the other end of the track looked good too

As said subway is easy to get to the track from where ever (although might be 11ty stairs)

Eat lots, good food in Quebec.
    Toyota Starlet

QR Sprint - 65.9 secs
    QR Clubman - 70.2 secs
    Gatton Street - 42.5 secs

Flickr - Picasa

Registered tax offender SuperDave's Avatar
    So, while I'm considering this for 2018, I don't see why a new thread is needed. mods delete if not a loud

I'm considering going to the Austrian or Italian GP in 2018, anyone been to either and have some tips to share? Both have been selected as as they line up with some public holidays for me.
    My car
    Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    I'd have no qualm about punting a kid into the fresh produce section if it meant the difference between getting a set of night vision goggles or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    So, while I'm considering this for 2018, I don't see why a new thread is needed. mods delete if not a loud

I'm considering going to the Austrian or Italian GP in 2018, anyone been to either and have some tips to share? Both have been selected as as they line up with some public holidays for me.
    Mum and dad went to austria years ago, last time f1 was there not as the red bull ring. They really liked it but I canít remember much more than it was ok to get around. They sat just after the first corner.
    Iíll try ask Mum about access and so on when I see her next.

Iíd probably do Italy if I had the choice between those two though, way more history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

I find the Ted's Travel Notebook vids really insightful
    Im not only sure Im HIV positive.

Heading to Singapore this year - any recommendations on where to sit?

I'm going to every race this coming year.

Is what i would say if i was still single, and didn't have a family. FML

Instead i'll stay up late and watch tv like a pleb
    I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

Have long service next year. Have noticed the following back to back weekends starting on 16 June

24 hours Le Mans
    French GP
    Austrian GP
    Brit GP
    Goodwood FOS
    Nascar New Hampshire Speedway

seriously tempting
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.