Thread: Daewoo - Starter Motor WTF?

Daewoo - Starter Motor WTF?

Ok, yes it's a Daewoo Nubira 2000 model (X20SED I think), nopics-mobile inherited from old man that just does the spare jobs... lets move on...

Starter motor is stuffed, ordered new one that has horizontally opposed mounting points and I assume for this to be fairly standard. Old one... can't get it out for the life of me. I can easily do head swaps, engine swaps, timing belts on anything in the past 15 years and whatever else busted but this stupid fucking starter won't budge. Have removed one nut from the bottom thread and found one almost directly next to and above it but no nut was on there. I have to assume there's another on the opposite side but being a shitty FWD it's hidden and I can't see or feel it. I've even taken the intake manifold off to give an extra inch or so of wiggle room without taking everything out of the way and still no joy. Can't find a workshop manual to confirm what I'm looking for but then again I don't know how I could possibly access said nut if it exists.

Does anyone at all have any other ideas or possibly experience besides burn it to the ground? Am getting a mate to have a look which is damn near embarrassing for what it is but next step is to get a mobile mechanic out just to watch the cunt either milk me for $$ or take it out in 2 minutes and charge me $11ty for a call out fee + 1hr.
    Last edited by Lonx; 20-01-17 at 10:43 PM.
    PF Gamers List

Quote Originally Posted by klampykixx
    if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    do you even google, etc. no idea if this is right but it says it's a bitch so probably a step in the right direction.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7821515_inst...00-daewoo.html
    Last edited by Roadsailing; 20-01-17 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsailing View Post
    do you even google, etc. no idea if this is right but it says it's a bitch so probably a step in the right direction.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7821515_inst...00-daewoo.html
    Did follow this and have read half a dozen times... It's probably right and I'm just mad at it but have spent an hour or so on 3 occasions trying to sort it out. Think I've lost it, hence getting mate to take a fresh look.
    PF Gamers List

if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Have a look on the new starter if the top hole is threaded. Quite often a bolt will come through the bellhousing from the transmission side and the head will be buried under a bunch of horrible shit. No specific daewoo memories sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    Have a look on the new starter if the top hole is threaded. Quite often a bolt will come through the bellhousing from the transmission side and the head will be buried under a bunch of horrible shit. No specific daewoo memories sorry
    Owe you a few beers I think mate... New starter doesn't have a threaded mount hole but I had somehow overlooked your suggested when seeing what appears to be a 'missing nut' for an offset top mount. It's a longer bellhousing bolt exactly for that purpose. Thanks a lot I knew I'd feel stupid when I eventually found it as had pretty much ruled out the obvious!! New starter has holes 180deg apart so they've sent me the wrong one, looks like about 160 would be on the money.
    PF Gamers List