Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandpa-odore

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    You mean my ls2 VH????
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 10.5 at 134mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Fuck swapping heads.

Run a bigger intake pipe into airbox, could even cut hole on airbox bottom into guard. Twin 2.5" be heaps
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Alternately don't fuck with it at all, enjoy getting parts for your many other fucked with cars.

Just saying, because sometimes blokes have to say it to me...
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

Nah, I got this haha

Little bits here and there and subletting work

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Quote Originally Posted by bpm View Post
    Yes but LS2 cam will go near 300 with the better heads and stock manners/economy
    Wow, that's the last advice I expected to see put forward, very interesting. I would have thought already having 243 heads that are decent but a crap LS2 manifold it would have made most sense to do intake, manifold and cam. However I assume other than more power the benefit if you convert to LS3 heads is you can also get the better factory LS3 manifold so assuming you get all the bits cheap you would actually get away paying less since something like a FAST 102 on its own runs like $1400?

Surely it would still be worth doing the cam though? Just choose a mild cam?
    Holden Monaro CV8-R
    Lexus IS250

I've sourced some Ls3 heads, rockers and intake manifold. Want to get the air intake and exhaust sorted first. The only cam I'd consider is so mild it'd hardly be worth doing. I really don't want to fuck the combo up.

It seems making the power is the easy part as I don't know how much the 4l65 and "small" diff will take. Actually, I think I do :/

Base line quarter mile time req'd asap.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    I've sourced some Ls3 heads, rockers and intake manifold. Want to get the air intake and exhaust sorted first. The only cam I'd consider is so mild it'd hardly be worth doing. I really don't want to fuck the combo up.

It seems making the power is the easy part as I don't know how much the 4l65 and "small" diff will take. Actually, I think I do :/
    Fair enough, I understand your concerns with the driveline. On the cam, I only have an LS1 so different I acknowledge but I was told the cam I have would be too small so not be worth it (216/220 112) and yet despite small headers and exhaust and stock manifold with Higgins ported 241 heads it made just under 300 at the wheels and a lot more under the curve. I am now looking at a different cam that people are telling me not to bother with that should be quite stealthy and drivable (218/226 116) so it will be interesting to see what happens there too.

For reference there is a guy on a few forums with an LS2 VZ Senator and he runs a Fast 102, Higgins ported 243 and a Comp 212/218 115 through a stock HSV exhaust for 300 rwkw.

Are you selling the 243 heads?
    Holden Monaro CV8-R
    Lexus IS250

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    This before you start taking things apart and fucking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    This before you start taking things apart and fucking about.
    There is a meet Sunday week that I should be able to get to. I'll tell you right now, I'm not driving 7 hours round trip if it's going to be 40+ Degrees

Quote Originally Posted by HSV Senator View Post
    Fair enough, I understand your concerns with the driveline. On the cam, I only have an LS1 so different I acknowledge but I was told the cam I have would be too small so not be worth it (216/220 112) and yet despite small headers and exhaust and stock manifold with Higgins ported 241 heads it made just under 300 at the wheels and a lot more under the curve. I am now looking at a different cam that people are telling me not to bother with that should be quite stealthy and drivable (218/226 116) so it will be interesting to see what happens there too.

For reference there is a guy on a few forums with an LS2 VZ Senator and he runs a Fast 102, Higgins ported 243 and a Comp 212/218 115 through a stock HSV exhaust for 300 rwkw.

Are you selling the 243 heads?
    I want to run a similar cam to the one you're running (which will be even milder with the bigger cubes). I'd be interested in selling my heads but I think the head swap is 6 months off. Are you running manual or auto? If auto, standard stall?

I want to run a similar cam to the one you're running (which will be even milder with the bigger cubes). I'd be interested in selling my heads but I think the head swap is 6 months off. Are you running manual or auto? If auto, standard stall?
    Yes, the 6 litre will tame a cam like mine even more. My car is a 6 speed manual so in an ls1 I have a bit of bucking but that wouldn't be an issue in an auto. I have had this cam for years too so the newer lobe technology would improve it as well, being an older comp its got a bit of valvetrain noise. It has -6 degrees of overlap from memory so while its no thumper you can hear it at idle with an aftermarket exhaust. The cam I was looking at has -10 degrees overlap so should be undetectable. Although I have been told that on 116 lsa it may have a lot less mid range than my current cam but the manufacturer says good power and torque throughout the rev range.

With the ported 241s, smaller exhaust and 3.9 diff gears I find my combo very punchy in the low to mid range but it dies a bit up top, with the LS3 top end I would think you would get more up top than I have.
    Holden Monaro CV8-R
    Lexus IS250

Oh, it probably doesn't mean much due to being different sort of cars but using a very soft launch this cam combo ran a best of 12.6 and 114 mph with 2.0 60 ft on a warm day in complete street trim (street tyres, full weight inc my fat arse and 3/4 tank of petrol). At the strip you could really feel it drop off at the top but i chose it as a street combo not a race car.
    Holden Monaro CV8-R
    Lexus IS250

There is a meet Sunday week that I should be able to get to. I'll tell you right now, I'm not driving 7 hours round trip if it's going to be 40+ Degrees
    yeah, that's a fair drive no matter what the temp.

I'll be there on the Sunday if I don't blow my shit up at powercruise earlier in the weekend. I'll help you unbolt shit to make it faster
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Cool, I'll bring the Ls3 heads

251.5rwkw, I'm stoked, big thanks to Dale
    you must have been in before me, I had my VE SS tuned ~2pm made 248rwkw AT was 41 on my graph!

Quote Originally Posted by alexGT View Post
    you must have been in before me, I had my VE SS tuned ~2pm made 248rwkw AT was 41 on my graph!
    Ute?

Anyone have experience with these? Thoughts?

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/e...roducts/CAI803

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    I'll be there on the Sunday if I don't blow my shit up at powercruise earlier in the weekend. I'll help you unbolt shit to make it faster
    Fuck if I had the new converter in, I'd join you cunts. But alas, the car has been on stands waiting for it to arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Ute?
    yep auto with xforce headers / catback and a VCM OTR

Cool, I remember thinking mine was whisper quiet compared to yours

Was going to say make your own but Mace thing comes with pod filter & brackets too..might be ok when break it down price for parts vs time.

Add corrugated hose from spoiler/spotlight hole to base shoiuld be all you need although p-plate worthy induction noise.

Were a couple vz senators with 2800 stally/3.9 cracking 11 bracket on radials few years back
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Hopefully the 250kg weight saving I have over a Senator makes up for the lack of stall/gears

Got the hood lining done today

Nothing is more annoying than a droopy headlining on a shaved head

Ordered a Mace airbox and some 235 drag radials

Booked in for exhaust next Wednesday. Going to run dual 2 1/2 through resonators and marry up with the 3 inch muffler currently there. Will be flanged so that I can try a 3 1/2 inch rear muffler

Mace airbox arrived

Some mods required

Was going to suggest a VT airbox with either the ag pipe to wheelarch or just the two hole mod in the bay, have seen them on VN-VS before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

I'm late to the party - nice buy! Love the stock clean look.

what material is the mace airbox made out of?

I'd consider 3.7's but no lower
    Yea dont, 3.9s are pretty short with the 4sp autos.. theres no kickdown at 100kph, its shit

3.7s for sure

Sick car, needs to be dumped on chasers

Do they make Trutracs for BW78s yet? As soon as the Holden LSD loosens up just fucking bin it

what material is the mace airbox made out of?
    Abs

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    Do they make Trutracs for BW78s yet? As soon as the Holden LSD loosens up just fucking bin it

Dunno but apparently the m80 rear from a VT bolts in (with a mod to the input flange)