Thread: a small jeep

a small jeep

new thread for it. will probably last about as long as my image gallery stays in one place.

some recent pics:

Last edited by bv; 01-02-17 at 04:18 AM.

Tough as man! Wouldnt do much different!

For some reason I like YJs, stumbled across a RHD one here a couple of weeks ago.
    Specs on this?

Got any plans to modify it?

specs, more or less:
    92 YJ
    4.6L Golen stroker shortblock, required after camshaft emergency exit, 500 miles after a drowning, tldr story
    all the bits to make it about 300hp now. extractors/exhaust, injectors, bigger TB, better ignition, bigger radiator, power steer and tranny coolers
    5:38 axles, 38" goodyear wrangler MRT kevlars radials. on 17" beadlocks, fat tires, 14.5s i think. much nicer on the road than the fucking iROK bias plys i had before.
    Dana 61 rear end with chomoly shafts, Lock-rite locker (detroit style, torque locker)
    Dana 44 front, extensively fucked with. re-tubed, chromolys, arb air locker, armour, reid knuckles, high steer (also have low steer setup after breaking high steer bracket in the dunes), good hubs, steering box brace.
    standard 3 speed auto. yes its auto.
    NP231 TC with belly tuck and armour, terra-low 4:1 extra low ratio in 2WD and 4WD. its super super low for crawling, and still does... ok on the highway, can do 65mph at about 3000rpm on the stroker. its fine. plenty of power now and its a beast in the sand.
    caged, stinger, front bar sliders, quarter panel armour, winch, spots, LED bars front and rear. part of the cage i made air tight, its my tank for ARB compressor.
    rear cargo box with slide out drawer, rear tyre/can holder and bar. I carry a 20# CO2 container for airing up etc.
    LED rock lights, LED interior lights, elec fan and cutoff, stereo etc, big ass alternator. de-AC'd it.
    some nice corbeau bucket seats, 3" lap belts, and the standard belts still there.
    several, errr, body modifications

its pretty much done. Its registered, I just had it smogged and fixed the last issues with the fan. maybe needs front tube fenders and more bodywork

its had lots of lives and a lot has gone into the bastard over the past several years. i've been meaning to write the story of the joop up forever, just to have it in one place. Seeing as I dont really work anymore and need some distractions I might start a pictorial history from day 1...

Not much more you can do to it without redoing alot of it really.
    Post this on some 4x4 sites and you'll have everycunt saying drop cummins/NV4500/Atlas4/portaled D60s etc etc in it.
    Then bitch and moan because their near stock TJ just got pulled by the police for something they can't afford to fix.
    Makes me(bank balance) glad CJ8s are like rocking horse shit here.

yeah there are plenty of portal'ed diesels or big v8s on retard size tires 44+ etc on the trails here. get drunk and drive over anything....

I want it to be street legal, which it is, although i flat tow it anywhere of real distance.

i wanted to go LS1 or similar, but living in CA there are issues with smog doing that. Worked out far easier to just put the best jeep motor I could easily get into it.