Thread: Toyota Soarer Drag Project

9 Second Toyota Soarer Drag Project

Hi Guys

My names Scott im from Christchurch New Zealand and this is my Soarer Drag car project I started early 2015 when I had a fiberglass body made up from a 90s toyota soarer

In August 20015 I started building a chassis in our garage at home and fitted it out with the standard Powerglide and Ford nine inch full floating Diff

For a powerplant im running a Twin Turbo 1UZ-FE 4.0L. Then engine is completely stock mechanical wise but the list of engine accessories include twin BIAGIO turbos spec unknown, aeroflow mechanical fuel pump, Siemens 212PPH fuel injectors on Methanol, 2UZ COPS, LINK G4 Thunder ECU, Stock Lower intake manifold with a "box" top intake manifold and 90mm Accufab throttle body.

April 2016 I made my first outing to the track and almost wrote the car off on its first pass when we had a clearance problem in the diff and locked the rear end across the finish line at 80+ MPH.

Three race meetings later and a string of 10sec passes finally at our meeting late Jan we managed to run 9.8 off the trailer and a 9.79 on a slippery last pass with plenty more to come as we are still working through the tune with limited track time here.

At this stage the goal is to try and claim the current record for my class which stands at 9.5 at the moment. Trying to achieve this on a standard unopened 1UZ then will assemble a forged short block and will aim for 7 sec 1/4 mile times

Last edited by whottwally; 08-02-17 at 05:28 AM.

Nice work mate

Lightest soarer ever.

Good work, can't wait to see what the stock 1uz can do!

Awesome work
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

This is all sorts of win. Impressive times to date on stock 1UZ.

yeah nice shed-chassis
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

PF GT5 whore car list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CPKNmOIJ

Thanks guys.

Car works out to be about 1000kg so atm we are looking at about 400hp at the wheels. We only get 5 local meetings a year so very limited track/tuning time so we are still safely rich up top and slowly chipping away.

Chassis is made out of a new steel outa the states made as the next best thing to chrome moly and chassis is built to run 7.5 and quicker

Is that a welded join in the main hoop where the door latch plate looking thing is welded on?

I like that your whole car weighs less than a factory Soarer door
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    Is that a welded join in the main hoop where the door latch plate looking thing is welded on?
    That is just the bracket the catch is welded on. The main hoop is in one piece tho the company I paid to mandrel bend all the tube stuffed up and almost cost me alot of money.

Holy shit, strong first post. Really well done mate, can't wait to see what this thing can do in anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Awesome

Why 1UZ over 2J?
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Awesome

Why 1UZ over 2J?
    I have a 1UZ in a street driven manual soarer and I really like the engine. Now i have a collection of 4 engines in various states of dissasembly. The cost of a 2J over here makes it quite un appealing.

The car is setup so it would be easy enough to change the engine to any combo in the future but I believe there is plenty of potential in the 1U

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Holy shit, strong first post. Really well done mate, can't wait to see what this thing can do in anger.
    I have some videos of the car so far but after our last meeting in april I should have some better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Awesome

Why 1UZ over 2J?
    Keeping it stock obviously :P

At this stage is staying stock.

Have got a set of standard comp forged pistons, head studs and rods for a built engine so far. Will acquire some cams and port some heads. Have an HX55 and will get a second to provide a little more boost than the current setup.

I have to say, I clicked on the link for this post thinking lets see this HMAS Soarer and how he thinks he will make this thing fast.

Read 1st post and was like touche, you win this round. awesome build and will give some of the big boy soarer teams a run for there money
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Same here robaphent. Was expecting something rough as guts with dodgy go fast bits. Pleasantly surprised, Prasac has posted his brothers Capri on here with some info about the motor a Turbo 1uz, will look for the thread later today when I'm on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
    Same here robaphent. Was expecting something rough as guts with dodgy go fast bits. Pleasantly surprised, Prasac has posted his brothers Capri on here with some info about the motor a Turbo 1uz, will look for the thread later today when I'm on my computer.
    That capri was part of the influence on where im aiming my goals. And the reason I thought I should share my project on here.

Opens
    Pretty crazy how quick cars run when they only weigh that much. 400rwhp doesn't sound like 9's but it's cool because it wouldn't be stressing the motor much at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Quote Originally Posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
    I have to say, I clicked on the link for this post thinking lets see this HMAS Soarer and how he thinks he will make this thing fast.

Read 1st post and was like touche, you win this round. awesome build and will give some of the big boy soarer teams a run for there money
    Thank you.

The original plan was to build a guttered out boat with tubs and a cage. Im glad i got carried away and went the full tube and glass option. Im liking giving some of the bigger cube racers over here a scary with my baby 244cube jappa

Rad. I just want 11's from mine haha
    WWPBD

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum View Post
    first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated