Thread: 4AGE complete engine (in parts) inc pretty much everything

4AGE complete engine (in parts) inc pretty much everything

Ok,
    Gotta get rid of this now, no space left. Was planning to put it back together but never got around to it. Would even suit someone wanting to pop together their first engine and learn. Built 1 or 2 of these and they are nice and straight forward.

From my first car, my 4age AE82 corolla. It blew a head gasket, tiny mark on the block. I had the block surfaced and cleaned, head checked, crank checked. All was ok, started to put it back together and complete got side tracked after I found a cheap very good condition 2nd hand engine to drop straight in. Sadly, It will need a clean up now, but there should be nothing wrong with any of it since I already had it all examined.

-New water pump and oil pump if I remember right
    -all parts should be there for general long block assembly, but I cannot guarantee every bolt and nut
    -has starter motor, complete wire harness (engine and engine room harness with fuse box etc)
    -I think there may be 2 distributors in there?
    -Fuel system is all there (fuel rail/injectors/main engine room hoses)
    -Head is in parts but valves are in a cardboard sheet marked for their positions

From what I remember what is required is:
    -New rings
    -New rod bearings
    -Will require clean up now that its been sitting for a while

$$$ offers? You take the lot as is.
    Pickup from Caulfield or Phillip Island.

Someone must want a spare engine to put together? I dont want to junk it, offers are all welcome.

I want it, but Sydney.

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    I cleared out all my 4AGE/AE86 shit a while ago, otherwise i'd probably foolishly be adding to my 4A paperweight collection.

probably worth advertising on E chassis sales Australia or the toymods facebook sales page (dunno if that is as well regarded as the forum is here)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadsailing View Post
    I cleared out all my 4AGE/AE86 shit a while ago, otherwise i'd probably foolishly be adding to my 4A paperweight collection.

probably worth advertising on E chassis sales Australia or the toymods facebook sales page (dunno if that is as well regarded as the forum is here)
    Thanks for the help, not a member of e chassis but ill check out the toymods facebook.

Unregistered User Permit Roadsailing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuk1ear View Post
    Thanks for the help, not a member of e chassis but ill check out the toymods facebook.
    from memory I got added to E chassis sales pretty quick, it's a pretty active page so worth a shot.

hmm..... don't really need any more 4age stuff - esp. 3 rib stuff, but if it's going begging I could be convinced to give it a good home - I'm in vic too...

T

wen through the boxes. Looks like it only needs rings from what I can see.

Also has the following:
    -Brand new OEM toyota gasket kit
    -Brand new OEM toyota oxygen sensor
    -New valve guides in box ready for the head
    -New bosch timing belt

I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you want the free space.

I'd love to play with it, but have no car to put it in or ECU to run it so it'd be kinda pointless beyond a "lets put this thing together and use it as a door stop" for me... Unfortunately....

Quote Originally Posted by DSMAZDAGTR View Post
    I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you want the free space.

I'd love to play with it, but have no car to put it in or ECU to run it so it'd be kinda pointless beyond a "lets put this thing together and use it as a door stop" for me... Unfortunately....
    Yeh fair enough. It has the ECU and 2 wire harnesses as well (one is hacked up, other is stock and clean including relay boxes lol). I might chuck it on ebay and see what happens with a 1 dollar reserve! Wish I had time to put the bastard back together.

Yeh fair enough. It has the ECU and 2 wire harnesses as well (one is hacked up, other is stock and clean including relay boxes lol). I might chuck it on ebay and see what happens with a 1 dollar reserve! Wish I had time to put the bastard back together.
    Bugger.. really wish I still had my '71 still... I might be able to get together a couple of cartons worth of $$ for it.. still not sure what I'd do with it, but always wanted to build a motor (though I'd always had delusions of high comps, big cams and quads)..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DSMAZDAGTR View Post
    Bugger.. really wish I still had my '71 still... I might be able to get together a couple of cartons worth of $$ for it.. still not sure what I'd do with it, but always wanted to build a motor (though I'd always had delusions of high comps, big cams and quads)..

Yeh those were my exact feelings when it poped 10 years ago. Cant believe how much fun these engines are, in the light little AE82 rolla it was a fun ride.

Yeh those were my exact feelings when it poped 10 years ago. Cant believe how much fun these engines are, in the light little AE82 rolla it was a fun ride.
    Well they are a carbon copy of the cos worth BDA..

I even had a 4age sitting there on the floor next to my Rolla.. but with no money as an unemployed student to purchase a loom etc and give it the finish I had in my mind it went nowhere and wound up in a mates shed (because I couldn't bring myself to part with it when I moved back into a flat) until he got sick of looking at it and was going to sell his she'd and I okd him to sell it for parts..
    Last edited by DSMAZDAGTR; 20-03-17 at 10:42 AM.

I have an ADM 86 that was love this

Quote Originally Posted by bagger View Post
    I have an ADM 86 that was love this
    is it for sale?

No sorry. Its siting in the garage for the day i get the time and money to pull the 4ac out.
    Besides i dont trust myself to build a motor.
    What were you wanting for it?

Where you at with this nuk1ear?

Hi mate,
    its still hanging around at the moment. Not in a big rush. Heaps of interest on facebook but no one has come through lol. Theres people wanting 4k for engines with transmissions (rare i guess) but meh. See what happens.

i want to replace the 7a block on my aw11 with a 4age, is this what I need?

well there is the complete block there, including rods/pistons etc etc. Its everything to build the engine minus new rings.

Sold