Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: I found a bike. It's now mine.

Banned
    I reckon it would take like half an hour to clean that gasket surface properly with out using the air wizzy so you're doing all the other shit in half an hour than?

Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I reckon it would take like half an hour to clean that gasket surface properly with out using the air wizzy so you're doing all the other shit in half an hour than?
    Or because like most of us who do this as a hobby there’s 4 hours of fucking around doing stuff the ‘slow’, ‘hard’, ‘wrong tool’ way on every one hour job.

Then again how many bolts will the workshop have cross threaded or lost doing the job (yeah I’m still bitter about the dealership fucking up my undertray and then claiming the fix under warranty after it started to fall off).
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    Nah that’s maybe 5-10min. If that.
    A blade would get most of it off within seconds.
    It’s paper.
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    2010 BMW S1000RR - for the sanity

How did the faces of the clutch basket look? From memory Hondas are pretty prone to wearing grooves in the basket fingers that can cause some issues with engagement/release.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

yeah the issue is always the notching in the basket, you can get away with filing them once and after that it gets expensive.

OEM clutches on bikes are always the nicest to use, but when you are heavy, abusive or put more grunt through them they cry enough.

Basket looked good, nothing noticeably bad with it.
    The old discs looked pretty thin, so I reckon that was it. It only just crossed 30,000kms.
    www.markpakula.com

While i think of it - If i ever caught someone using a whizzy tool on bike gasket surfaces, I'd break their fucking hands.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

I don't allow them at all in my shop. Use the gasket scraper, and use it properly. Once you've seen the waves and grooves cut into an iron (!!!) intake face on a cylinder head, you'll never use them bastards again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    While i think of it - If i ever caught someone using a whizzy tool on bike gasket surfaces, I'd break their fucking hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    I don't allow them at all in my shop. Use the gasket scraper, and use it properly. Once you've seen the waves and grooves cut into an iron (!!!) intake face on a cylinder head, you'll never use them bastards again.
    quoted for fucking truth. the amount of expensive shit i've seen fucked by cunts using these is staggering. the other one is using a rattle gun on under tray bolts. fuck me. a while ago, i was looking for a small oilstone for gasket surfaces and looked around for a fish hook sharpener. ended up buying 3 flat diamond deals at bcf for $5. they work really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skompa View Post
    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

and just like that, she's sold.

What's next?
    www.markpakula.com

I still say first-gen Fireblade. Or RVF400...