Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My VK BROCK

wouldn't the 2/85 HDT plate be when it went trough HDT, the car more than likely went down the holden plant in 84 which would explain the pop up locks?

Great looking car mate and that XY is also fantastic!

Wow
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Sick VK

Quote Originally Posted by gtrboyy View Post
    Yeah noticed 2-85 on hdt build tag,holden always did funny shit on crossover changes so things like that can happen..who cares when car is that clean with history...if 5 litre not 4.9 could even just be one of last '84 cars that sat aroundbefore got tagged sent to hdt..they were small outfit probably backlogged.

Couple things in engine would annoy the shit out of me but luckily easy fixes.

Air tray have pinchweld rubber to seal it to bonnet also holds it down with aircleaners stops the rattling,some had 2 screws into radiator depending on brand...then toss them awful bolts & paint it black.
    New strut tower sticker & red & black battery terminal covers also clean or renew washer/wiper bottles it will then look like low mileage car that it is with clean engine bay.

Might even have factory spare too.

Wonder if sunroof & front bar were extras or added later.

Wished I'd bought one as daily when they were only 10k...fuckers were too much of a theif magnet.
    The 'roof, front bar, grill and aero caps were all extras on the SS, only the rear spoiler was standard. Mind you, I've only ever seen 1 SS without the caps, and I'm not convinced it didn't have them originally anyway, car was a shitbox.

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Love it, fucking mint!

And the old mans GT is prime!

x2 on both. White on blue spec has always done funny things to my pantaloons. Much love.

Former hairdresser Captain_Slow's Avatar
    Awesome. And yeah, agree that the most likely story is the car left the Holden plant Dec '84 and was completed by HDT Feb '85. With Christmas in between etc it would make sense.

The body number on the Holden build tag (assuming HDT cars have one?) would tell you.

Nice VK but that GT is fucking gorgeous!