Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Fuckoff Engine - 2017 Dyna Low Rider S (FXDLS)

Big Fuckoff Engine - 2017 Dyna Low Rider S (FXDLS)

This is about as close as Harley has ever got to making a proper riders bike. I love my Harley's but I also love having a go through the Natio etc. For me this bike ticked all the boxes, (take in mind this is when compared to other HD's) which is light, nimble, powerful and can be made to look subjectively cool.

- 110ci Screamin Eagle Engine (1800cc) which comes with the SE 255 cam, Better Heads and that stupid donkey cock air intake
    - Twin disc front, Big Rear brake, ABS.
    - Throttle By wire so has cruise control
    - Premium ride suspension, height and compression adjustable (like a car coil over)
    - Security Pack
    - God damn canbus wiring fuck me dead kill me now

I traded the sportster in for a price I was shooting for privately anywat, I loved that bike. I survived years of burnouts, torture and been revved of it's dick for years and only killed rear tyres and a clutch. Was really sad to let it go. I pulled all the good shit off it to make some bucks. Fuck em.

FXDLS was presented very poorly, paw prints all over tins, dusty, and the big buck LED flush mount fuel caps/guage doesn't work for shit.

Clutch was so far out of whack you had to pull it to the grip to engage the clutch, shift lever was nearly vertical. Fuck me dead. I'll be taking it back. Also the brakes are mushy, but that should come good from all reports.

Bassani RR3 sounds amazing, I rode home with stock tune in it and was very lean, but just babied it the 22km home. Wired up the powervision and flashed in a Fuel Moto Map. Instantly the bike ran much better, the flat spot about 2.5k rpm gone, smooth pull through out. The increased limiter makes it way better. The stock bikes limiter kicks in way too early and hard.

Hit the local industrial estate that was vacant at 4pm on a saturday and did some Auto tuning and logging, filled most of the VE cells and reflashed 3 times. A lot smoother and runs a lot cooler.

This bike seems to have a shitload of compression braking compared to all my other bikes, I don't mind it at all.

Overall, stoked on the purchase, let the mods begin

New and old steeds

Got to get rid of the stupid reflectors, pipe is bad ass though!

Powervision routed from Fusebox, under seat, under tank and mounted to bars, came up neat.

Last edited by brasher; 19-02-17 at 08:07 AM.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar
    Nice, took one of these for a blast a couple weeks ago (a friend has one). Wasn't a bad thing really.
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    "Ridin through this world..."
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 10.5 at 134mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

get fucked haha

CROW FLIES STRAIGHT
    PERFECT LINE

Quote Originally Posted by brasher View Post
    get fucked haha

CROW FLIES STRAIGHT
    PERFECT LINE
    I don't know what's sadder, the fact I get the reference or the fact I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Dyna because of it
    Last edited by FioriGuy; 19-02-17 at 11:15 PM.

Just did first proper ride through the natio this morning.

Holy shit I am in love, this is the best bike I've ridden by far.

The tune is real nice now, spending the day autotuning and reviewing the logfiles has transformed the engine, so smooth and filled in all the torque dips throughout the range particularly 2.5-3k rpm.

Roll on power is amazing to me coming from a sporty, I gave it a blast from 70-160kph and it felt like it took a blink of an eye.

I adjusted the clutch freeplay to how I like it, these boxes are smooth as butter compared to the sporty. Brakes are becoming much better, I still only have 200km on it so It's got a lot more breaking in to go.

Stock suspension is also really good, a few patches of the road I know are notoriously rough were no issue, bike held its line and took it all in it's stride.

I should have bought one of these last year. WHAT A BIKE! haha.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    How soon before its on its way to Kyle?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Keen to see your custom touches with this one, although it sounds like you love it too much at the moment and are subsequently busy touching yourself. lol
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction

He messaged me Saturday night haha.

I got some plans but just letting the wallet cool off for a bit and enjoy it. Might start with the usual crap like bars, seat and Pegs to get it how I like ergonomically and then the cosmetic stuff will start after.

saw one of these in the pub carpark last night

serious looking bit of gear...
    Quote Originally Posted by choppo View Post
    Looking forward videos of OP doing the chicken dance in drag with bananas up the arse and other fruit around the face in gay hypnotherapist rape dungeon

Something about these things floats me boat. Sentimental attachments to my current tractor but seriously considering the upgrade. Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's worth it mate. It all made sense after my first trip through some 100kph sweepers.

I'm building this thing in my head, will not be as crazy as the other bikes. Be purpose built weapon.

Lamborghini Battleship Grey tins (Grigio Telesto)
    FDXL full length rear guard
    wheels done gloss black
    HD quarter fairing or connely fairing, high windshield
    LED Headlight/Lightbar
    Ohlins 13" rear shocks
    DK customs intake, externally vented heads.
    12 inch Lucky Daves MX bars
    Saddleman step up 2up seat

Looks pretty cool, doesn't sound like an old Massey Ferguson like a heap of the Harley's I hear around here either.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

She's proper broken in now lol. Will hold 2nd at 60kph one finger on the brake. Got some mumbo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ5Huvzn9Q

Nice, I tried that with the 883 and the results weren't as good...

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

883 couldn't pull a foreskin back lol

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    She's proper broken in now lol. Will hold 2nd at 60kph one finger on the brake. Got some mumbo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ5Huvzn9Q
    Someone owns a VN on your street?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Back when I had an 883

This was like a 5000rpm clutch dump LOL

And for comparison a stock standard Vespa...

Vespa also did better burnouts

So scooters are less gay than Harleys

Last edited by MexicanBatman; 02-03-17 at 10:45 AM.

Looks like a good thing, but like pretty much every Harley it's 100kg too heavy and missing decent brakes haha

The 110ci Screamin Eagle would have some good grunt though.
    Last edited by RMX; 02-03-17 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkicker View Post
    How many blowjobs to pay off that debt?

Yeah it's heavy, for a full sized Harley it's light, would be approx 270kg with the new exhaust. Low centre of gravity so doesn't feels as heavy as the sheet indicates, this bike handles night and day better than the sportster.

brakes are pretty good, twin 4 pots with ABS, never needed more than 1 finger so far. The mushiness at the lever is gone now, much better feel after 400km's.

The engine is the icing on the cake, gobs of torque from near idle. Does start to sign off around 5500rpm but just click another gear

Mexican batman you could wheelie a golf cart with 150kg hanging off the back of it!

Parts are filtering in, of all places from Lebanon.

Quarter fairing, laminar lip and a cool as fuck FXRS repop front fender in carbon.

When a company says "direct bolt on" take that shit with a grain of salt.... but got it on there.

Need to a bit of research on drilling Carbon, can you just take to it with any old drill bit? Would hate to fuck this piece up.

Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar
    I've drilled carbon fibre with just decent regular metal bits. High rpm, low pressure seems to get it done. If you push too hard you can blow out the carbon at the back (which causes the fibres to fray) rather than cutting a nice hole.
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

I imagine it would be a lot like Perspex to drill? I'll have to go to dads to use the press.

Nice one. One of my boss' brothers just got one not long ago with the 110. Decided it's not enough and is in the shop for a while.
    Perfect mix of sports and luxury... Like an automotive version of a mullet

Looks awesome!

Went to a dyno day at local shop.

Made 90rwhp & 111ft lb

There are angry swedes everywhere because this dyno is reading 15% lower than habibi's down the road lol.

Was most powerful dyna until a 117 kitter low rider made 103/118.

How much would the 117 option added?

I imagine it would be a lot like Perspex to drill? I'll have to go to dads to use the press.
    Ive used spade bits to drill carbon before. put down some masking tape first.