Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Electric cars in Australia general discussion thread, not just Teslas, the others too

Quote Originally Posted by F3ARED View Post
    Honest opinion - I fucking hate the thought and or concept of it. Why take something integral to the character of a classic, one of the key parts that make it as special as it is, and remove it? Whats the point of having that particular classic? Using the HK Monaro or Phase 3 as an example - two things make them really special; one is the link to racing, the other is the engine. You remove that part and basically all you have is a shit handling sedan with a silent form of propulsion.

Picture an Alfa GTV without the DOHC, a BMW anything without its 6 cylinder engine, a C63 without its V8 etc etc. Whats the point?
    Monaro and the GT/HO while being the ducks nuts in performance stakes back in the 60s/70s that was a long time ago and now your average ICE family car has similar performance (with fewer cubes/cyclinders), as do electric cars, so why not convert one to electric power? I agree an old school lumpy V8 sounds the business but...

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    There is the French NosMoke - electric Mini Moke: https://en.nosmoke.fr/build-your-vehicle

But it seems a good name & idea with a shitty conversion. High cost, heavy weight, limited speed & range. There's got to be better conversions in the pipeline.
    I believe the crappy performance is so that they fall into the wierd small car category the French have so that it doesn't have to meet any of the euro vechicle requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Falc&Send View Post
    Monaro and the GT/HO while being the ducks nuts in performance stakes back in the 60s/70s that was a long time ago and now your average ICE family car has similar performance (with fewer cubes/cyclinders), as do electric cars, so why not convert one to electric power? I agree an old school lumpy V8 sounds the business but...
    Well, they're not particularly pleasant to drive or sit in once you take the v8 away...
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Honda E orders open in Europe:

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...europe-118658/

1400kg, 100kW/250NM, 193km range and 0-100 in 8.0. Cool looking jigger too.

I could handle that for less than $50k or so.

Quote Originally Posted by F3ARED View Post
    Nah - the weight of the batteries required would destroy the balance of the chassis.

About the only car that i could think of which would make sense from both a battery storage perspective and the original-engine-is-that-shit-anything-is-an-improvement angle would be a VW Kombi

VW were playing with that idea in the 1960s, and built a few in the 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    I believe the crappy performance is so that they fall into the wierd small car category the French have so that it doesn't have to meet any of the euro vechicle requirements.
    Hmmm. that could explain the Twizy https://www.renault.co.uk/vehicles/n...les/twizy.html. I love the idea & the potential. But the execution & lack of windows seems a bit poo.
    He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everest’s summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Getting back to the infrastructure topic

https://www.jaguarmagazine.com/jagua...ith-chargefox/

Jaguar Australia, a founding partner of the Australian Electric Vehicle Council, has signed an official agreement with Australia’s biggest public electric vehicle (EV) charging network, Chargefox.

The relationship makes Jaguar the first local manufacturer to formally support EV drivers through an agreement with the ultra-rapid electric vehicle charging network that is currently being rolled-out nationally by Chargefox.

The new partnership helps to ensure that Jaguar owners will have easy access to a rapidly developing major, multiple outlet, vehicle charging network.

Welcoming the agreement, Chargefox Chief Executive, Marty Andrews, said Jaguar Australia’s solid show of support means it will now be easier than ever for customers to buy and charge EVs.

“Jaguar drivers will be able to drive long distances confident in the knowledge they will have access to free, unlimited charging on some of the world’s fastest chargers,” Mr. Andrews said of his company’s growing network.

Chargefox, Australia’s biggest and fastest growing open charging network for modern EVs, already has three fully operational, ultra-rapid charging stations operating in regional Victoria, one in Barnawartha and the other in Euroa plus the latest site recently opened at Toombul shopping centre in Brisbane. By end July 2019, there are expected to be eight (8) ultra-chargers in operation, with 90% of the network planned to be operational by end September 2019.

By the end of the year a national network of twenty two ultra chargers will be operational forming a network connecting Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide.

As well, additional ultra-rapid charging stations are also being planned for Western Australia and Tasmania.

Mr. Andrews says that, using a Chargefox ultra-rapid station, Jaguar I-PACE owners will be able to fully charge their cars – giving a 400 kilometre driving range – in less than 40 minutes, yet another feather in the cap of the car that recently won an historic 2019 World Car Awards treble capturing not only the coveted 2019 World Car of the Year but also World Car Design of the Year and World Green Car.

To celebrate the agreement that ensures fast, easy travelling Jaguar EV drivers, including those who already own an I-PACE, will get five years free, unlimited charging on Chargefox’s ultra-rapid EV charging network*.

Describing the Chargefox agreement as a move that is nothing but positive, Jaguar Land Rover Australia Managing Director, Mark Cameron, said the initiative lays a solid foundation for the long-term future of electric vehicles in this country.

“Charging infrastructure is critical to increasing electric vehicle uptake in Australia and this agreement means Jaguar customers can buy an EV safe in the knowledge it will meet all their expectations,” Mr. Cameron said.

“Not only does this initiative make interstate travel and longer journeys a reality, it also benefits regional areas by extending the ownership and driving experience for our customers living outside capital cities,” he added.

“With 22 station locations open by the end of the year, range anxiety ceases to be an issue. Drivers will be able to travel without concern for the level of charge in their batteries.”

Chargefox, which has been operating charging stations nationally for the past 12 months, is not only Australia’s biggest open charging network for modern EVs but also the fastest-growing. To date, the company has managed more than 20,000 charging sessions.

Using a Chargefox Ultra-rapid charger is easy for I-PACE owners. After registering their vehicle details in the Chargefox app, I-PACE owners will have visibility of all of the free charging available to them when using the Chargefox ultra-rapid chargers.

Jaguar Land Rover Australia is at the forefront of the EV movement with 13 charging stations at its new national headquarters in Mascot, New South Wales and further chargers installed across its national retailer network.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

PF's 2nd favourite YouTuber visits Rimac. (don't worry, shmee only talks for about 2 minutes)

These guys are growing incredibly fast, and are doing heaps of work with other manufacturers to develop electric vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Citroen DS begs for an electric motor imo. Smooth everywhere
    Speaking of.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYpWHMBswUs

The channel host seems like a total fuckwit and waves his hand around like the guys supposedly "picking up amateur girls on the street and paying them to do some modelling" that I saw on a webpage I accidentally stumbled across and that I would never regularly visit.
    Last edited by Luke352; 27-05-19 at 04:48 PM.

Very cool car, very annoying host.

this signature intentionally left blank

Sounds like arse. Looks slow and as boring as fuck. Laps nurburgring in 6:05:33

Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

So like any other VW?

Sounds like an angry mosquito, but the results speak for themselves..
    Last edited by fury; 05-06-19 at 08:18 PM.
    your former friendly cambodian dictator

Jag and bmw to join forces apparently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-48525840
    Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 06-06-19 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Electric vehicles UK vs Australia

https://amp.smh.com.au/national/why-...29-p522jv.html

Outright records holder at pikes peak and goodwood now.

this signature intentionally left blank

https://www.facebook.com/fullycharge...ntions&__xts__[0]=68.ARAuR2olm0LjmKZAr-J_oTEACrw9NO4ljqOd0010jyWbZDh5fQp21bFWdfm5qEnDUvrL Coa4JBRiOKb4GHhqhknw2iGp8DJVgp8t818qPXKF9C1eBlbehJ pZt_otnbCwrPTpcJTL-Rnm9fiqfbE81Y61K8dm5KkazFqCMd5hluT5ka01QWkVyNRmNfN nEp01Jgfs_TQbgGH0BbmLy_GC4wgeO8WxSiqxwiLrzkX73i1yf veyX24w_AMSVRK7J_gswL5t8GBK9WMm07FxgD0gLmuq2tBkRCK Pce4HMYNELv0kT35M5rTnATwwnI-S2P0VR6CM-h8bD7sfs_lOiARfZHaBiFCQYLmjowM

the fully charged panel discussion was interesting on batteries and future production capacities. he mentions that he is going to have them on a normal version of his podcast which will be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEKq8jmckz0 for the drive on the honda. nice little city car, the side mirrors are a good trick, range not so much.

I like that Honda I don't see the range as an issue it's a run about everyday car not a GT.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3fdcrjv1A/

honda having a go at goodwood.

The new Lotus Evija Hypercar. Fucking gorgeous IMHO. Silly powerful (2000hp) and silly money 1.7mil GDP + but to me
    Looks just right. As opposed to Macca Senna fugly.

Evija - 2 million pounds, 2000bhp & 1680kg.
    https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...2m-evija/40609
    He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everest’s summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Love the looks, but it seems very un Lotus-like to build a heavy, ridiculously overpowered car.

Agree with Chris Harris more and more each day that these hypercars are just getting silly now.

Am with you. I think they have nailed it on the looks, but the weight isn’t lotus, despite possibly measuring up well against other EV Hypercars. And agreed with Harris and yourself. It’s become some kind of super rich dick measuring trump card game. Other than feeling like you are being shot out of a cannon on a pool table flat straight road, what use are they on some B road twisties.

I reckon these new breed of hypercars will only be used to park out the front of whatever cafe/hotel/nightclub/brothel is in.
    At least with the supercars of yesteryear you could actually use them.

The Honda E actually looks like a great little package.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitephyre View Post
    The Honda E actually looks like a great little package.
    Agreed. If it was 30K you'd grab one as a city car.

As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    I reckon these new breed of hypercars will only be used to park out the front of whatever cafe/hotel/nightclub/brothel is in.
    At least with the supercars of yesteryear you could actually use them.
    Sure if you definition of using is parked on the side of the road heating marshmallows off the engine fire.

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    yeah thats a pretty bizarre statement considering with the supercars of yesteryear you inevitably got some combination of

too wide
    cant see out of
    retarded driving position
    huge turbo lag
    stupidly heavy clutch/steering
    zero ground clearance
    questionable reliability

all issues that detract from wanting to use them (on public roads at least)
    Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 23-07-19 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Screaming banshee
    Have driven a testarossa which was meant to be one of the newer/better ones to drive and it was just a horrible piece of shit that was good for nothing else except parking outside a cafe (not so much leaving because that would involve it working twice in one day). While the current hypercars are stupid fast they are also miles better to use on public roads than the old ones.