Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1uzvvti manual into a ke70

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    What did Jon use in his beige rolla? I think it's a glide actually, does auto count?
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Not a heap of difference between the two really, back of vvt is a lot flatter because asymmetric heads don't have big lumps hanging out the back. Front is pretty much the same but VVT is less covered in shit than the old one. VVT all day if you are not turbocharging, much better top end.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

So does anyone have any copies of or where I can get the same pic as posted earlier but for ke70? Spoke to the good engineer (don't ask lol) today and using the ae71 numbers he says Uz is no drama at all. But I have a ke70 lol so obvious problem is obvious.

I know the ke numbers will be a touch different, and worse case scenario I'll shell swap a ae71 to get it over the line.

But wiki says 835kg (yes that's what the first engineer used... Wikipedia) and that's wayyyyyyy under the regs.

It's also over a hundred kilos lighter than the ae71 and as far as I know the only difference between models was engine and diff... Not 100kg worth..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Quote Originally Posted by JZK25 View Post
    Not a heap of difference between the two really, back of vvt is a lot flatter because asymmetric heads don't have big lumps hanging out the back. Front is pretty much the same but VVT is less covered in shit than the old one. VVT all day if you are not turbocharging, much better top end.
    I have tracked down a vvti engine. Yay me.

There is a small retarded part of me that wants to go the early engine so I can put throttles on it easily. But if I'm honest with myself I think the newer engine will be the better choice really?

06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

"Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post

This vehicle is not suitable for registration as a Taxi-Cab...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Fondles, you come across as a thoroughly repugnant cunt with appalling social skills.

God id be fucking lost without you cunts

I've been trying for days to find that and I'm just to fucking simple lol

Much much thanks man. Owe you brewski

06/07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    This vehicle is not suitable for registration as a Taxi-Cab...
    Haha did chuckle at that too

06/07/2011

So quick chat on the phone with ginger beer.

Using the above paperwork then the ke70 is 80cc over the limit. The ae71 is 1cc over the limit.

He has given a tentative OK to the plan, but is checking a few things before I go ahead with the ke70 she'll. At worst I'll reshell into a ae71 to get the project moving.

He is also happy to work with me on the irs rear end conversion.

So basically a much much more approachable fella than the other guy I spoke to who basically said "no it will require me to do some engineering..."

So I'm coming to the pointy end of making plans

Basic "wish list" right now is

Tidy Uz vvti
    Nissan 370z (cdoo9) box
    Collins bell adaptor
    1uz auto bell
    Appropriate ecu adap/haltech

What other gems of advice planning etc do you all have for me?

06/07/2011

wow i need to move to tassie. no chance of 1uz in sevs in NCOP states!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Ae71 works, then just swap out the ugly slant front

The ae7q leaves the 1uz exactly 1cc over the limit... According tho the ginger beer that will be no problem.

We are going to try the kesev first ao I don't have to reshell, but if it comes down to it... It's an easish fix

06/07/2011

My two cents...a VVTi in a KE70 would have most pooing their pants, so lack of torque/power is not the issue. A W55/58 will last ok in such a light car that will never hook up with the torque you'll have....assuming you arent tubbing and drag racing the thing? W58 survived 250rwkw behind my TTUZ at the start....I did break it but I was giving it a flogging at the track and 50% more torque than you will have.

Your problem is NCOP...doable but you need a very convincing engineer.

Weight balance will be shite as the VVTi is a heavy fucker.

The BEAMS will be epic, even n/a. If you really want something a bit more out there a 1MZ would be my pick. Get it engineered n/a then boost it
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Yeah none of that is wrong lol.

No drag. Rear end should have some decent grip but nothing sensational or magical.

Weight balance from what I can find on the Internets won't be that big a concern.

The listed weights I can find for a Uz vvti put it less than 30kilo heavier than a 4age... Throw the battery in the boot and pop a carbon bonnet on, I'm adding a chunk of inspiring weight in the rest with the irs... Big box bang in the middle, to my mind the weighting of the car will be more now doubt but should be reasonably even once again? Or am I missing something obvious (very likely)

As to beams, or mz. Yeah I know I'm getting carried away. I'm avoiding the smart and easy finish on a car that would be pretty great. But honestly, the tingle just isn't there anymore :/

This is as much a mental health decision as it is a smart car build lol. It gives me toys to play with, scratch an itch (I've never had a v8) and it gets me all girly giggles just thinking about it.

I've spent my life being relatively straight and walk the well travelled path. I really want to do something a bit different and something that just makes me giggle...

06/07/2011

Sorry 30kg heavier than beams 3sg

06/07/2011

I get the V8 thrills lol GT8, 6.8 litre supercharged Cressida

If you can get it engineered then it's not a bad option....just don't expect a razor sharp front end

Your box option looks ok. The W was an easy conversion but if there's a kit for the Nissan box it will take more if a beating.
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Lol to be honest, I'm no where near a good enough driver to really suffer from a loss of anything lol.

It's the same as the idea for the replacing the front end. A lot of people have pointed out I'll lose the characteristic roll off live axle. #shrugs I'm just not in tune enough or talented enough to tell the difference lol

I'm leaning towards the Nissan box purely from a "make it 💣 proof" rather than a ? Over whether the box will spit a gear every time I drive it lol

06/07/2011

Tr6060 or r33 turbo imo. Never think about it again.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

That's the commodore box right?

Drove a mates t56 (essentially the same thing I think?) and really didn't like shuffling the box at decent rpms. It's strong no doubt but doesn't shift fast or clean at high rpms.

And the rb25 box right? Nice box for sure, but getting a bit hard to find no ? Will look into it

06/07/2011

Had a quick look at the bigger box options from falcodores... No chance in a pink fit of Sunday's the box is fitting in the stock tunnel. Ever. :/ it's practical the size of the Uz bell housing pattern lol. Fucking epic huge.

06/07/2011

t5 and a ripshifter?
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

Will look, but do they offer any particular advantage? I thought they would be similar (clunky shift) and not overly small?

06/07/2011

Opens
    You'll never ever ever break a CD009, just don't get an early one (syncro issues but still not a bad thing). CD009 is a fantastic modern strong 6-speed with great usable ratios.

If you can fit it (length, width and external linkage will 100% need to be modded) and have the cash you'd be crazy looking at anything else IMO.

Edit - https://youtu.be/-f1fjak5JXQ 9.35 @ 158 - stock CD009

https://youtu.be/fdbcD1g61fQ - 9.30s 1000rwhp street 350z

I think you'll be ok
    Last edited by psi999; 25-03-17 at 09:27 PM.

Wannabe internet expert
    Quote Originally Posted by fantapants View Post
    That's the commodore box right?

Drove a mates t56 (essentially the same thing I think?) and really didn't like shuffling the box at decent rpms. It's strong no doubt but doesn't shift fast or clean at high rpms.

And the rb25 box right? Nice box for sure, but getting a bit hard to find no ? Will look into it

As I said before, I believe the RB20DET box is more compact and may suit your needs. How much power do you plan on running? The usual 250 or so hp atw?

Opens
    it'll make up around ~300-310rwhp with long tube headers and vvti all up and running on a good ecu, she'll get along ok

Yeah that's the plan, I'm hoping for 200 but with a bit of thought and improvements plenty of guys are pulling close to 250rwkw

My brain is happy with the smaller az6 derived box and doing the circlip conversion.

However I don't like the idea of having a possible crystal box I'm constantly babying. Or I find it's perfect by Leo drives it and it shuts a brick cos he is a Muppet lol.

For the efforts of 20kg in box weight, going the bigger cd009 box from 350 is future proofing. But it does mean

06/07/2011

the 350z box will be fine. as would a T5 and a W5x.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Yeah I know I'm over thinking it lol.

I guess whatever solution presents itself first will suffice.

I have a j160 here... So I am tempted to do the circlip mod and fit it... Someone had to try these things right?

So long as I realise it may all torn to Shit, I guess it's not the worst gamble ever lol

06/07/2011