Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1uzvvti manual into a ke70

2GR with TRD blower?

I understand where you're coming from dude. If you can legally build it with the 1uz, do it.
    Sometimes building cars is about the emotional response it elicits, rather then the logic about any perceived performance.
    If it were all about what motor was logically the best, then every fucker would have the same car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    both larger and heavier than an LS1.
    Sorry Jim, have to disagree.
    The LS1 fitted to my L300 was 205Kg fan to drive plate, The 1UZ in my E30 is 166Kg with Fidanza flywheel, clutch etc.
    Both weights are with all accessories, including extractors.
    I'm running an early Falcon V8 single rail behind the 1UZ, not ideal, but not overly heavy (Lighter than a T5)
    Apparently a good set of extractors lifts th 1UZ to around 300fwhp, mainly because the stock manifolds are so bad.

for engine control, the Link guys used a vvti 1UZ as one of their development motors, so have the triggers, cam control etc working really well. Their G4+ Storm would run it without needing waste spark or batched injection if you swap to a cable throttle.
    Main advantage of the VVTI 1UZ over a 2GR is the 1UZ is a LOT cheaper to purchase and requires less in the way of Aux outputs as it doesn't have quad vvti.

One of the guys in the US has cracked the 2GR ECU and can remove the immobiliser, raise the revlimit and disable the auto fault codes if you want to go that way. I bought a complete Aurion from the auctions for $4K for my own swap but will end up using a Link G4 Thunder on it when the turbo goes on (DBW, dual onboard lambda, egt etc)

In your investment thread there was a mention of moving to Brissie, will the car be legal there as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    In your investment thread there was a mention of moving to Brissie, will the car be legal there as well ?
    This I do not know. Realistically the brissy move is a long shot and if it haoons will be when I die, or in maybe 6 to 10 years.

How possible it will be to register there I have no idea. But even if I did it to the book now, chances the book still applied by that time are probably not good lol.

But it is a fair thought.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

You may want to look at a South African mob, Spitronics, who do a ECU with program specifically for the 1uz.
    It's well priced & works.
    The only drawback is you have to do international money transfer headfuck.
    But, it's doable, as I've bought abot 4 of their ecu's over the last few years & they work well.

Yeah I have seen S bit of their stuff pop up in my bit of research. They have a hilux ute in Adelaide running their stuff.

To be honest to would be keen, but I'm a bit nervous about having stuff not really well known here. Also I'd really like to support the pf guys as much as possible with this so will.most likely stick with haltwch from dalecunt or adaptronic form andycunt most likely who ever is keenest to come and wirein the ecu and tune with me pestering over the shoulder and cooking mad BBQ skills

06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Quote Originally Posted by fantapants View Post
    This I do not know. Realistically the brissy move is a long shot and if it haoons will be when I die, or in maybe 6 to 10 years.

How possible it will be to register there I have no idea. But even if I did it to the book now, chances the book still applied by that time are probably not good lol.

But it is a fair thought.

Was more sorta thinking about way down the track when Leo is of legal tender to drive it................... but then p plate laws by then he will only be allows to drive a 250cc hybrid eco box until he has 35,000 hours of driving under his belt anyways !!

Opens
    adaptronic or older vipec v88 will do it.

I was going to vvti my manual 1uz datsun but ended up slotting in a powerglide and turbo.

non vvti with a manual (filter, exhaust & SAFC) wasn't exciting but did skids for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Was more sorta thinking about way down the track when Leo is of legal tender to drive it................... but then p plate laws by then he will only be allows to drive a 250cc hybrid eco box until he has 35,000 hours of driving under his belt anyways !!
    Yeah... It's does sadden me a little as I plan this project for Leo that there is a very real chance that in 20 years, cars won't be a "thing" and it will mean nothing to him..

06/07/2011

Yeah... It's does sadden me a little as I plan this project for Leo that there is a very real chance that in 20 years, cars won't be a "thing" and it will mean nothing to him..

Put the sads in the bin mate, what you are doing is next level awesome.

#attitudeadjustment taken on the chin sir

06/07/2011

Also I'd really like to support the pf guys as much as possible with this so will.most likely stick with haltwch from dalecunt or adaptronic form andycunt most likely who ever is keenest to come and wirein the ecu and tune with me pestering over the shoulder and cooking mad BBQ skills
    Great idea, totally agree.
    I've gone the alternate path because I like a challenge (Sometimes come to regret it!) & I'm a tightarse.
    Do like Haltech & the support available.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxray View Post
    The LS1 fitted to my L300 was 205Kg fan to drive plate, The 1UZ in my E30 is 166Kg with Fidanza flywheel, clutch etc.
    I'm running an early Falcon V8 single rail behind the 1UZ, not ideal, but not overly heavy (Lighter than a T5)
    Apparently a good set of extractors lifts th 1UZ to around 300fwhp, mainly because the stock manifolds are so bad.
    Yeah it's often quoted as the 1UZ being bigger, heavier etc than an LS1.

Actual fact is the 1uz is lighter and shorter length wise. Its just a lot wider. So really depends on your limitations in the bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

suppose you don't want to know I have one of these things in build too.... (in a tr7 - 1uz vvti, supra w58 box) I won't give you the link to the build as you'll prob complain about it not being finished as well.........

can assist with adaptor plates, rewiring factory engine etc if interested.....

2grfe is a awesome motor, but quite difficult to set up in rwd. 1uz can be done cheaper - as long as your engineer will sign off on the more than 2 more cylinder thing

Quote Originally Posted by T View Post
    suppose you don't want to know I have one of these things in build too.... (in a tr7 - 1uz vvti, supra w58 box) I won't give you the link to the build as you'll prob complain about it not being finished as well.........

can assist with adaptor plates, rewiring factory engine etc if interested.....

2grfe is a awesome motor, but quite difficult to set up in rwd. 1uz can be done cheaper - as long as your engineer will sign off on the more than 2 more cylinder thing
    Haha please hit me with anything I can use for learning
    Quote Originally Posted by vet 180 View Post
    Yeah it's often quoted as the 1UZ being bigger, heavier etc than an LS1.

Actual fact is the 1uz is lighter and shorter length wise. Its just a lot wider. So really depends on your limitations in the bay
    This. Also I have read that the exhaust head exit angle on the Uz is much nicer for the smaller chassis space in a rolla than say a ls...

#shrugs still waiting to hear from the gingerbreer about a proper plan but it's working. I am inspired lol. I worked on the old girl today. Well I bought a new tool

I havnt had the strength to get my wheels off the rocket rolla. I'm too ashamed to ask for help lol so I lashed out on a rattlegun. It's not the big badass 900nm dewalt thing. But I already have the batteries for this, it's 350nm and that's more than the other cheaper skins (most were like 185nm) so why the fuck not.

Worked a treat. I used a regular socket. It didn't explode but I'll be ordering a set of impact sockets but it felt great to be back on the horse. I popped the bonnet to see what I was working with again. It's gonna be toight! on the plus, I think the custom sway bar I have for the beams should also work a treat with the Uz

06/07/2011

Opens
    If you can't source a trans kit locally my UZ Wxx kit came from these blokes:

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/

Can vouch for the quality. Zero alignment issues & went in with zero fuss. Utilises the stock auto bellhousing. I used their cheapo flywheel as well with zero issues (starter motor engagement etc)

One thing to note if space is tight the VVTi is physically bigger at the front than the older UZ. The water neck sticks out further in a not so good angle & cam covers much further. I had one ready to drop into mine but couldn't make it work.
    Last edited by psi999; 17-03-17 at 08:47 PM.

Hmm hadn't heard that before. The back of th vvti heads are apparently much betterer in terms of flat finish, so maybe that means I can mount it a touch further back to make the front side difference a bit less Shit? Thanks for the tips man.

Thanks for the tip out he box

06/07/2011

I also used the stock auto bellhousing.
    I couldn't find one in Aus at the time, ended up getting one from NZ (Trade Me, I think) was under 100 bucks delivered.
    Made an adapter for the single rail from a piece of 12mm plate, bolted to the bell, then to gearbox.
    Very straightforward, everything was just the right length, surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxray View Post
    I had that the 1UZ was about 180kg (and a bit more for VVTi), and LS1 (sans air con crap) was about the same. Anecdotally, moving the 1UZ and the LS1 motors around that I had at one stage felt pretty damn similar.

Moot point for this project tho if rego is a factor!

If a single rail survives ok, then that opens up a lot of options!
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

So carrying on with this.

I havnt been able to get any sort of response so far from the ginger beer.

So got another name for someone on the island. He will have a chat with transport tomorrow and get back to me with a yes or no.

So with that in mind, who can point me in the direction of good information on these? I'm trolling through lextreme etc. Does anyone have any of the build pics from eds lovely little number? With v-eight forums down I can only get the ones o saved years back. Mainly looking for information on throttle changes (individuals on the vvti engine seem few and far between) but pretty much anything.

Also on the gearbox front, I also had the thought that I currently have in my possession a j160 speed ... Normally these would not be rated but I have heard that the circlip mod can be done in the same way as the Nissan box... The advantage being this box is very easy to move the shifter forward (I already have mine moved 110mm) ... What's people thoughts.... In stock trim the j160 is considered on pat with the w box... With the modded circlip the Nissan guys claim up to 600nm... The Uz will be pushing 420nm in stock trim ... It's a lot more than the 3sge admittedly. But plenty of the turbo altezza are running similar numbers to a healthy Uz with the 6speed in stock trim surviving...

Interestingly enough I have been reading a few threads. It's quite common for everyone to piss the idea of as stupidly front heavy. But from the information floating around the entire engine is only 20kg more than a beams, or 30kg more than a 20v. Pull the battery and a glass/carbon bonnet and it's within spitting distance of stock weight distribution...

06/07/2011

Buy the already running driving beams ke I posted in the cars for sale thread and enjoy driving .

Lol fuck of you negative cunt.

if it comes to it I'll justbfinsih the beams I have lol. To be honest the act of building this is far more important than the end result really. Sounds stupid I know but it really is an investment in mental health lol

06/07/2011

I've got three little ones , they love being in the car with Dad, none show any interest in "fixing" it, one of the big things I keep saying to my wife is unless they show interest in it I'm not going to push it onto them, great if they show an interest if they don't all good. If Leo is the same, something to think about given your situation?

implanning a 2uz to t5 swap soon. no idea what to wedge it into but you know... plan is auto bell and some alloy.
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

Quote Originally Posted by kedderz View Post
    I've got three little ones , they love being in the car with Dad, none show any interest in "fixing" it, one of the big things I keep saying to my wife is unless they show interest in it I'm not going to push it onto them, great if they show an interest if they don't all good. If Leo is the same, something to think about given your situation?
    That's a totally fair point.

I treat it the same as the pushbike I recon.

I honestly don't think I will be here much past his first day at school. So as far as pushing it on him, it will be more a case of these things will exist, and when he grows up and starts asking mum about his dad, there will be some/ a lot of bits and pieces in the shed to get to know.

I think back to when my dad passed away when I was 15. Mom gave away all his work tools. I understand why she did it. But it really limited my ability to grow an understanding of my dad. I never showed any interest in fixing stuff with dad. And he never pushed it on me. But when I did get around to wanting to find out about what he enjoyed and stuff, there was nothing there.

Same with the bikes. I really would live him to be a bike rider. But it's got to be something he comes to. I'll have my bikes here and his mum is happy to show him races etc. And if he wants to ride I have spoken to my old boss (bike shop) about looking after him and helping him learn racing the way I would have done

But in the end you are totally right, if he doesn't have the passion, it's all good. I just want to supply something there in case he does have the passion, or at the least the evidence of where my passion was and hopefully it gives him an idea of what I was like.

Mine of that makes much sense I guess lol.

Also, I can't find the for sale thread for their beams corolla?

06/07/2011

Is OK I found it

Yeah totally will finish mine instead looks tidy enough though

06/07/2011

All good mate, only you know you and your situation and hell if you want to build your car, fkn go for it

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Is Mos from Toymods around? There was a fair bit of info on his IS - UZ vvti conversion....

There's at least a couple of vvti conversions over here, trouble is they seem to fly under the radar as far as the internet goes
    Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 22-03-17 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...