Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omg bt1

Well according to CEVA tracking car is in Sydney and at the depot such a shame I won't be able to pick it up till Monday .

will get some miles on it t over the weekend

CEVA nationals .com

Will be easy to spot that up here no Maatouks sticker.
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Had to come to Sydney today anyway so apparently car was at the depot I knew they were shut but spotted a couple of the staff there and they kindly let me take it . The journey home was about three hours due to traffic and weather but didn't miss a beat all the way home overall seems in good nick couple little paint touch ups a good detail and maybe a tidy up of the interior . Next will be NSW rego and then off to Dale for a tune then I'm going racing .

I'm froffin bruh

Fuck that looks like a bucket of fun! What did it set you back if you don't mind be asking?

Ummmmmmmmmmmm skids pics?

That's a mighty fine garage you have there!!
    DJ's don't need sigs

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Thats rather tasty.
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Is the nitrous setup to be RPM activated? Or is it a button?

What happened to the other VL you had?

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    Is the nitrous setup to be RPM activated? Or is it a button?

What happened to the other VL you had?
    Once armed activated by 100% throttle thats what I have been told anyway . If your talking about the green calais ended up getting decent coin for the car with the broken rb26.
    Last edited by 7HEAVN; 20-03-17 at 09:52 AM.

Got stuck into this Yesterday and bit today after work painting some bits and pieces including the bars and moulds for a freshen up . Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I can get stuck into the buffing have spotted a few spots that I will repaint at a later date. the plan is buff , reassemble, rego and then maybe out to the Sunday meet at WSID this week for a few NA passes .

Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    learn me as someone who is ignant of all things holden

why does yellow seem prevalent with the BT1 model in google search? if they were cop cars wouldnt they be white? is it a easily noticeable fake BT1 since it is yellow?
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

Police ordered them yellow so if a real BT1 I think they should be yellow.

I think there are a couple of different yellows too. Blaze and Absynth or something like that. And Butternut too?
    Last edited by Shonky; 21-03-17 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post

why does yellow seem prevalent with the BT1 model in google search? if they were cop cars wouldnt they be white? is it a easily noticeable fake BT1 since it is yellow?
    They came in white to.

I guy I used to know had a factory white over silver BT1. Was a ex NSW police car from Sydney.
    It ended up turning blue and a walkinshaw kit on it the last I saw it (10 years ago) probably dead now csh..
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

VIC was yellow? VIC was home of the main VLT cult following.

In the VL series, BT1 packs could be had in a multitude of colours dependant on the purpose/fleet/state of use.

One thing to note is that the BT1 pack was not just a police issue option;

So. Has it got a cop chip?
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post

BT1 was the Holden Commodore option code for police pack until VT(?) when it was replaced by the GM standard police package code of 9C1.
    The exact content of the BT1 package varied from model to model and from state to state. Generally it included heavy duty cooling package, heavy duty alternator, HD air filter, HD wheels, map lights, full instruments and 80/100w headlights. From VH it included HD seat mount brace kit. It was available with any engine/transmission/body. BT1 package cars were available in any colour, but not all colours were available to retail buyers. SA Police used a pale blue which was a fleet only colour, the bright yellow used by VIC and QLD for the traffic cars was also a fleet only colour from the VH onwards, it was a retail colour in the VB and VC. Not all yellow VL BT1 are turbo, QLD used 5.0 VL highway patrol cars as did NT and SA police, pretty sure WA did as well. QLD used the V8s because the turbos had an incredibly short life span in the heat, I remember Gladstone had a couple of VL turbos for a short time then suddenly replaced them with XE 351 Falcons.
    Cliffs:Factory yellow VL, likely cop car, regardless of engine/body/transmission.
    Yeah, I've researched the subject abit.

Quote Originally Posted by INFLYT View Post
    One thing to note is that the BT1 pack was not just a police issue option;

Road Traffic Authority/DOT were police, iirc they had special authority to act outside their home state as required.

Mate of mine had an Aqua BT1 also..think they came in a few diff colors white/yellow/aqua

Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    thanks blokes for the brain learnings
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

I had a silver vl bt1 turbo, with out the 6 cyl, or even the turbo.
    Old lady had a vk bt1 white wagon 6cyl.

Ah me bt1's

I had a tuxedo black VK bt1, also a light blue VH.
    VT, VH & C43

Wannabe internet expert
    Yep I know of them coming in yellow, white and light blue. Pretty sure asynth yellow was used on the Vic hwy patrol cars, and apparently there were some rarer QLD versions in blaze yellow. From memory light blue was used in SA and white in NSW. Could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Rthirty1; 22-03-17 at 05:29 PM.

Sounds about right. The AFP had a red VLT assigned to ACT traffic detail, just had the single blue light on the roof.
    Last edited by irsa76; 16-04-17 at 03:20 PM.

Haven't updated this for awhile car is all back together now couple more paint touch ups over the next couple of weeks . Been cruising it a fair bit went to Dale to fix the horrible tune that was in it and turn on the nitrous . Went 230rwkw NA and 295rwkw with the 150 shot pretty much where it should be at . Got to do some runs at a private drag day last Sunday went low 12's@115 all day on 215 street tyres turned the bottle on at the end of the day for a couple of runs went 10.9@127mph on the second run and only 1.8 60ft on old worn out 255 Mt radials . Drove the car two hours there and two hours home didn't miss a beat all day . Going back out in a couple of weeks with some fresh rubber and a warmer bottle I reckon I can go close to 10.5's which I think is great for such a basic setup .

Last edited by 7HEAVN; 16-04-17 at 03:16 PM.

Looks good, goes well. Thank christ you saved it from a life of venitian blinds, white walls and monster tachs on top of the dash, although looks like it was a close thing.

This thing seems like what you wanted when talked to you at United.

Good times that will only improve best bit you drove it there,ran numbers then drove home.

Will you have to have key in boot lock & bonnet pins next time for doing a 10?
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Quote Originally Posted by gtrboyy View Post
    This thing seems like what you wanted when talked to you at United.

Good times that will only improve best bit you drove it there,ran numbers then drove home.

Will you have to have key in boot lock & bonnet pins next time for doing a 10?
    Nah don't need any of that I can go 10.5's now all day under current ruling. Has red key kill switch in boot and hole still in garnish but cutout switch isn't connected anymore .