Thread: Pump for W2A intercooler

Pump for W2A intercooler

Just looking for recommendations for a new pump currently running very early davies craig electric pump has to push coolant about 2.5mtrs to radiator mounted behind cab(dual cab ute)im think maybe just going one off the newer cast alloy DC pumps,but interested to see what others have/are using, all hose 3/4".

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    The pump of choice for the intercooler in my circles is an OEM Bosch one which is used on the AMG E55.

Bosch p/n 0 392 022 010, Merc p/n 000-500-03-86

You can also buy the pigtail & connector to suit from Merc.

p/n 000-540-24-05 for the cables (need 2x)
    p/n 230-540-00-81 for the connector (need 1x)
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Yea I used one of those Bosch ones on a supercharged mx5 I had. Was fine. People also hook them up to a 12v battery on camping trips for a cheap and easy shower with a bucket of water, some hose and a shower head. /useless info.

The bosch or the Davies Craig EBP-23 aka DC-9050

http://www.vpw.com.au/Category/Index/531957

My advice with w2a is to go with a decent flow rate pump or if it is a budget build go with something halfway decent that won't be the bottleneck and skimp with the other bits. You can always under-drive or even turn off the pump with some controls in the cabin when you don't need the full flow.

I've got a mr2 with mostly 3/4 lines (like you) and 1" feed to the pump and use a 20 gpm pump.

I have been using a Bosch Cobra in a Datto 1600 boot mounted pump. All good no problems. Quiet enough. Standard fitment on supercharged Ford Mustang and others . Will also need the pigtail and connector. Check out frozenboost.com for these and other kits.

https://iapaustralia.com/catalog/product/view/id/122214
    So im gathering that the bosch 0392022002 would be the goods, what i have now is this(of unknown condition)
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Davies-Cr...oAAOSwA3dYT14~
    the flow rates are a mile apart i believe the one above is the cobra, research and PF are hinting that bigger is not always better!!
    at the moment the DC pump is quite high in the engine bay, im thinking of mounting pump down low out the back pulling straight out bottom exchanger/radiator hose directly to intercooler, i do have a bleeder at the highest point of intercooler
    This pump will just run fulltime and i may have the fan on the exchanger temperature switched (if i can work out how to turn on at only about 50c)

yes, definatly move the pump to the lowest point you can. and have the inlet a direct flow of liquid, mine is basically fed via a small header tank.
    DIM spec 87 AW11. 4agte powered @ 12psi. aka: the feral.
    JDM 89 AW11. twincharged @ 28psi. aka: lil feral.

I'm running a davies craig EWP115 (I think that's the model)
    GT-P
    Bandsenkowagon