Thread: MK Triton v6, am I on track for a world of pain?

MK Triton v6, am I on track for a world of pain?

Im currently playing with buying a duel cab manual v6 jobby and want some feedback on them, i know all the usual valve stem seals, gearbox issues and the thirst is there anything else to look out for?? I'm looking around the 200/250 km mark and about 4-5k . Not so much after for full 4wd capabilities but a family tourer and occasional towing.

4wd Magna, theres a reason they're cheap...

See if you can find a Hilux that fits in that criteria, shouldnt be too far off $$/km wise?

Anything hilux is double the money for km and age, the only thing around has 350+km and older like ln130 with the old 3l. I already drive one of those but 2wd and its slow af and noisey, but im still looking at them

mates dad gave him one a few years ago with 300+km. was always serviced on time and not abused so it drove real nice. mate then went on to mod it for serious 4wd'ing which included body and susp lift, 35's and so on. did cape York in it and the only thing that ever went wrong with it was the keyway on the crank fucked up and something in the diff I cant remember what.

not too bad if you ask me. oh and this thing never got proper stuck in the bush. heaps of 80's and patrols with big wheels did but the triton somehow did better than them

https://www.facebook.com/groups/QLD4...23252407719265

Dunno if you're on Facefuck or whether this link even works, but fits most of the bill bar the V6... 3RZ's love a bit of boost though!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hilux.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	98628

Dont buy a mitsubishi v6. They are fucking nuggets.

The diesels are pretty good though. Turbo diesel ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Pollitically incorrect
    I have seen some of the pre ml triton v6 with 3-400,000k on em, on gas still going good. They were at one time a bit of a go to ute for the couriers, as they love lpg. they were the 3.2 or 3.3.

my ml 3.5 v6 copped a bit, was serviced well and at 130odd k it started using about 1-200ml of oil between 15 k services.

timing belt every 110k iirc?
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

They fuck the key ways on harmonic balances too, just to add to the woes. Really by that age, they're pot luck, and mostly done.
    Think of it as a tear off. Not worth fixing, just get another. So buy and bargain hard.

ive been looking at MK tritons too. diesel though. they do come up under 15k. I just missed one with 70k for 14 grand
    ~~ ~~
    ~ (**) ~
    ~~ /\~~
    ~ mmm...stick boobies~

isn't the keyway thing just cunts not doing the bolt up? it's 200 ft/lb or something and 3 dugga duggas on your rattle gun doesn't cut it. worked on a few and had no real dramas aside from oil leaks and thirst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skompa View Post
    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Fuck... ended up buying a turbo diesel one for 5.5k. I missed out on a plum purple over silver one that had done 220k but was so well looked after and had all the accessories on it. This ones a bit banged up and now wishing os spent more coz ther is so many little things that are fucked on it.

Fuck knows bout the pic, tip your computers over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170430_081421.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	4.70 MB 
ID:	99972  
    Last edited by matty12; 05-06-17 at 10:58 PM.

so whats it like to drive? they have cruise control? im looking at one tomorrow.
    ~~ ~~
    ~ (**) ~
    ~~ /\~~
    ~ mmm...stick boobies~

It actually nice and quite, pretty good on road but mine has a sloppy steering box and blown front shocks. Fucking thng has had the head gasket done but may have shit itself again, gotta go through the motions to diagnose that one