Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HR31 Coupe Skyline.. attempt at a drift car

HR31 Coupe Skyline.. attempt at a drift car

I'll try not to waffle on too much.. but basically myself, Caibs and another non-PF mate wanted to build a shit drift car with a bunch of spare parts. Also, none of us can actually drift.

Yesterday i went to save an Aus delivered R31 4 door shitbox from being collected by Sims metal.. it was sitting on it's chassis with no diff and no K frame (but had access to a huge stockpile of R31 parts)

Deal was if I could get it rolling, we can save it otherwise it goes in the bin

So i rock up at 31 warehouse and another mate is selecting what driveline bits we should use.. he then gets a phone call from someone he knows about some rims, he tells phone dude we're saving a shitbox to drift.. get told he's got a coupe just sitting there we can have

Luckily we bought a car trailer a month ago

Car was originally an auto (which was nowhere to be seen), there was an unknown rb20 or rb25 manual box in the boot, random tailshaft bits, manual pedals.. also got given some coilovers and a carbon bonnet

The car hadnt been used or run for an unknown amount of years

We had the rear bar but it has been backed into something and has a crease in it + the reo was a tiny bit deformed and cracked a tail light.. all small issues when you have infinity spares available

I went to steal a new reo off the Aus 4door.. but it was a shit job and fucking annoying so i just used a hammer to fix the Coupe one.. plus glued a reflector back together on the tail light

Actually came up sweet after some high pressure love

Full carbon bonnet.. not FPR under either, shit is baller

GAB and some other shit coilys.. have access to others but we wanna try use the stuff thats worth the least

I used a vacuum cleaner to get all the leaves and spider webs out

Have a set of 17x7+44 Volk Fzero's but they look weak as piss on the front, apparently these Rotas are allowed to be used

I think at about this point my mate stopped proceedings and he bought a 150cc scooter for some reason.. weird mode of transport for a dude with a LS1 / T56 R32 as a daily

Fucking auto bullshit

I used a hack saw to cut out heaps of air con tubing under dash to get that fucking clutch pedal in there

I also pulled out the air con condenser and lines, havent got the compressor off yet

We didnt know if this motor was actually any good.. so we wanted to see if it could be started up N/A

Few things that were issues:
    -No gearbox
    -No starter
    -Immobilizer that had been hacked up multiple times

So, literally just a bare bellhousing was bolted upto the motor (with misc bolts), then the starter bolted to that

I had checked the fuel tank, there was 10L in there and it wasnt sludge.. chucked 25L of BP98 in there to mix in

Fucked around with the neutral safety switch, the hacked up loom and immobilizer wiring.. the fuel pump primed!

Starter wasnt doing shit so we used speaker wiring

No spark.. found another coilpack ignitor.. fucking thing started up!

More adventures tomorrow hopefully
    Last edited by yohoes; 03-04-17 at 12:10 AM.

Subscribed for good times
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

This is going so much better than my thread already
    1998 BT1 Sedan. RB30 plus baby seat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Anything with Fukushima in the title is bound to be great click bait.

Wannabe internet expert
    I approve of this product and/or service. Mind if I ask how much you picked it up for? The want is strong for a HR31 coupe.

Please don't fuck it up too badly.

None the less, will follow. This is awesome.

That is an epic score /subscribed
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

oh man it's almost too cool to drift.
    Definitely needs an ls1.

Given a HR31... mofo!

But also, that's great.

Rather you fuck a Aussie 31 drifting but I am sure this will turn out well
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    bunky threads = best threads

nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Shit that looks almost too good to thrash!
    Epic score

pretty sweet score, have fun with the absolute garbage ass end though haha
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

It wouldnt make a presentable street car.. its honestly juuust rough enough where i feel no guilt

Also people in Australia dont spend big money on 31's anyway.. this wouldve likely sat for another 3yrs and got parted out, i dont think its ran for at least 5yrs.. if someone had proper money and wanted to build a sick 31 they'd start with a better base

Quote Originally Posted by lysdexia View Post
    pretty sweet score, have fun with the absolute garbage ass end though haha
    This was vaguely the conversation between myself and 32 LS1 mate:

"We'll just weld the rear steering rack in for the Hicas"
    "Where do these lines run?"
    "Wait maybe this doesnt have Hicas"
    "Yea this definitely doesnt have Hicas, all that shit is solid"
    "No fucking way does this whole thing move?"
    "Holy shit"

Although I googled it later last night and I saw a full tutorial on a R31 site where you use Z31 sub frame bushings to solid mount it together, and just loop lines and shit

yep yep, even with the hicas gone they handle real funny though. they toe in massively under load, as well as cambering, it's kinf of a case of grip, grip, grip, boom zero tyre contact wheelspin everywhere.

with mine I used the z31 prothane bushes, they don't actually require modifications unlike what a lot of how-to guides will tell you.
    Aussie 31 power steering pump and bracket (33 works too)
    then I just pulled out the lines and put some bolts in the holes in the rack to blank them off. that whole section of the rack is separate to the main power steering circuit, so theres no fluid flow through it once the lines are gone anyways.

Very nice

Hr31 love
    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

More details on the car - found out it was purchased in its current state 12yrs ago.. its never run like this

Pic of how we started the motor for lols

So we inspected the Jdm steering rack and its pissing fluid out, but we have either a rebuilt or possibly just known good Aus rack (it looks new so i think its rebuilt) plus I ripped the Aus power steering res and hardlines out of the now scrapped 4dr.

The GAB front coilys had a 2 spring setup, and someone had wound the progressive soft spring flat.. we unwound that part and the spring had gone completely soft.. so theyre fucked

Possibly gonna use some new BC gold ones.. apparently we need to use different tie rods to suit, which are floating around somewhere.. and different brakes (?) But we theres loads of s13/r3x brakes sitting around

I put random 2nd hand Jap rear coilys in, couldnt really read the label.. C zero someshit, im not too sure

Looks like it'll be pretty low, then instantly realised we need to roll the guards.. so add that to the To-Do list

Probs ambitious that a Rb20 could actually spool a T88 but still fun to look at

I cut out the immobilizer, but it still doesnt start on the key.. i think the hacked up auto loom has something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by lysdexia View Post
    yep yep, even with the hicas gone they handle real funny though. they toe in massively under load, as well as cambering, it's kinf of a case of grip, grip, grip, boom zero tyre contact wheelspin everywhere.

with mine I used the z31 prothane bushes, they don't actually require modifications unlike what a lot of how-to guides will tell you.
    Aussie 31 power steering pump and bracket (33 works too)
    then I just pulled out the lines and put some bolts in the holes in the rack to blank them off. that whole section of the rack is separate to the main power steering circuit, so theres no fluid flow through it once the lines are gone anyways.
    We're fucking retards and cant actually drift anyway so not sure we'll notice

Im guessing we'll just have to live with the natural retarded shit it will do?

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post

The GAB front coilys had a 2 spring setup, and someone had wound the progressive soft spring flat.. we unwound that part and the spring had gone completely soft.. so theyre fucked
    It's not a progressive spring, it's a keeper spring - they're supposed to be soft as shit.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Its soft as in i can compress it flat with half my body weight and im a skinny cunt, surely that isnt right?

Its soft as in i can compress it flat with half my body weight and im a skinny cunt, surely that isnt right?
    That is exactly how they're supposed to be - just enough to stop the spring flapping around when the car is off the ground.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Wannabe internet expert

Oh ok.. fuck ill chuck it in then and see, i dont wanna use brand new shit if i can avoid it

Quote Originally Posted by Rthirty1 View Post
    Yea i saw that, good info

We're fucking retards and cant actually drift anyway so not sure we'll notice

Im guessing we'll just have to live with the natural retarded shit it will do?
    pretty much yep, unless you ditch the whole rear end and go for a later K frame, but that's a massive job.

it will drift just fine, they just handle weird. you'll see what I mean when you drive it haha.

My mate hacked out the auto loom, and found the real neutral lockout.. he reckons this unknown shit looking motor actually ran correctly when he ran it for longer than 5 seconds

He pulled it out, ready for removal of power steering and bay cleanup

So i got back in an empty skyline bay which wasnt the first and wont be the last time in my life lol

Removed Hicas lines and all the Jdm power steering rack shit which was pissing out fluid

Unfortunately we cant really wash the bay where it is, so had to just clean up the rack mounting and fitted the rebuilt Aus rack so we can maneuver it and wash it

We gotta start sussing the coil over front and do the random part changes to suit, then we can piece the thing back together

I like how you jap blokes just have piles of extra random shit that you can just pull out and throw at cars.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

When it comes to nissans, any pile of parts will do. everything fits everything else.

This is actually an extra special case.. we know a horder of the finest of 31 parts

If someone wants to buy any 31 parts for good pricing let me know and ill take a look, theres a shocking amount of bits up for grabs

Steve or Bart? haha
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Really like the HR31 coupes.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Steve or Bart? haha
    Neither

I think this person ended up with so many parts because they dont really like dealing with people, and by people I mean other 31 owners haha

"Theyre like S13 owners but with even less money"