Thread: Holden e38 v8 ecu reprogramming / hacking

Holden e38 v8 ecu reprogramming / hacking

Firstly appoligies if this has been covered before - but since the PF search engine believes 3 letters is too short to waste its time searching threads on......)

Ok, I have a project utilising a holden ve derived engine with e38 ecu.... Need to know more about what can be done with this ecu (in reality, other than what "might" be possible)

Firstly I need the vats removed - Can't see any way of getting its on-board immobiliser to work in an aftermarket fitment. (Will have to fit aftermarket alarm system of some form later in this application) This part simple.

Secondly - disable secondary cat sensors. Unrealistic & unnecessary expense to set that rubbish up (unless it's actually necessary for emissions?) - need to be able to pass emissions test.

Thirdly - cooling fan mod - not sure about how this works - is it better than using water temp sensor on radiator to trigger cooling fans? or is there more involved here?

Forthly - I believe that on auto cars it was possible to have a lower rev limit on the engine when it was in park - would it be possible to set a seperate rev limit on the engine by triggering an external input? (ie similar to gear position switch going from "drive" to "park") think valet mode here!

Fithly - can an external input (similar to above I guess) be used to cause a temporary ignition cut? (ie for flat shifting)

Anyone know for sure if all (or most) of this can be done & can modify my ecu?

Thanks

Toby

well thats been really informative..........

obviously time to get a flat brim hat & go to a commodore forum.....

yeh i can do all that.. $400.. post it up
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

HP Tuners!!! A very popular way to do all of the above. one click removes Vats. Heaps of info on YouTube how to tune with it and you can buy video lessons as well.
    Hope this helps.