Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS into Gen2 Pajero

LS into Gen2 Pajero

My daily NL Paj-bucket has finally cooked its 6G74 to the point that no amount of silver seal is able to keep water out of the cylinders. I'm not planning to buy a new daily until the start of next year, so I'm keen to try and screw another 12 months out of this thing before turning it into dog food cans.

I have a spare rear sump LS1 and auto box with all the accessories that I figured I'd try and sleeve into the prick. There's no conversion gear for these anymore as Marks 4x4 no longer make the kits so I've gotta try come up with my own. I still use the car out bush on occasion, so 2WD isn't an option.
    Car is also auto, so an adapter plate isn't really ideal unless there is a simple way of getting the electric auto to work.

Can anyone in the know confirm if this list is correct from a "make fit and turn all the wheels" perspective?

- Gen2 Paj 3 liter transfer case (as it's 23 spline and not 24 like the 3.5)
    - Advance Adapters 50-0430 (4L60E to Jeep NP231)

Everything else I can fabricate myself.

Subscribed.

I can offer no real advice other than peer pressure.. Do ittt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkicker View Post
    How many blowjobs to pay off that debt?

from memory they run an A340 auto with a standalone controller? would make a UZ, FZ, JZ or GZ conversion fairly strait forward...

Good point. The 3.5 does have the A340 box and I can get a 1UZ for about the price of the advance adapters kit I posted above.
    Back to Google I guess.

UZ into Pajeros is relatively "common", in that there are a few running around including a couple of UZ L400 Delicas. From what I've read around the traps you need to swap the input and front pump so the Mitsubishi box works with the UZ, saves messing around at the other end.

Last edited by irsa76; 08-05-17 at 04:30 PM.

A few UK V8 pajs, I'll try find the threads
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

what about using the LS1 and the 4L60 that you have, and adapt to whatever transfer case you can get in the correct side drop for cheaps.

or, buy a transfer to suit a 4L60 out of something in the US even.

nb: I have no idea what it would cost to get new shafts made etc vs buying the Gen 3 transfer and jeep adaptor as you mentioned in the first post
    HR31 Coupe - RB20, Bilsteins, Cage and shit
    R31 Ti - Sun Visor, Venetian Blinds, Coilovers, Whiteline Bars, Wog Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

The problem with changing transfer cases is that I would lose the super select and potentially low range, assuming the Silverado ones don't have it?

Passenger side front diff makes life hard as well. Otherwise I'd just use a TB42 box and transfer.

Majority of GMs are dual range, the ones that aren't that I can think of are the Astro/Safari and Express/Savanna vans, the Trailblazer and Silverado SS and Quadrasteer Denali pickups. From what I can tell only the Borg Warner case is single range, iirc it's the same unit used on the Adventra. But yeah, you loose super select, the only way to keep that is retain the OE case or use the Jeep one, which apparently is pretty near the same anyway.

If you stuck with the jeep transfers, most of them are l/h diff offset, and the linkages would probably be not far off the mark.

Best bit is a wrangler rubicon transfer (if you can find one) has a 4:1 reduction
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

UZ makes more sense in this case as the paj bay is short and wide. A UZ is shorter and wider than the ls. You can also get the UZ to bolt up to your current trans. You can run with the stock headers until you turbo.

1UZ is certainly looking to be the go. It won't be going turbo, I have too many turbo V8's in my life as it is.

You'd be wasting your time putting a 1UZ in, a fresh 6G74 with some work will have a bit of poke.
    The only reason to put a 1UZ in is to gain noise.

LS as you have a spare makes sense for a big power increase.

A VVT-i 1uz 3uz or to a lesser extent 2uz would be nicer obviously and more power then a $500 early 1uz but OP suggests this is a budget job...

Definitely a budget job. Tickling a 6G74 is also an option, but short of strapping a turbo on it, I can't see too much improvement being possible.

With some work... Lol, its a mimimum 50kw power deficit we are talking about here

And then you are still stuck with a gutless under performing pos 6G just begging to blow a head or bottom end.
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Quote Originally Posted by afraid View Post
    Tickling a 6G74 is also an option

.... but not a desired one

6G75 with a bonus 380 shell to adorn the verge?
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a Navara with the deadly ZD30

Quote Originally Posted by afraid View Post
    I have too many turbo V8's in my life
    You shut your whore mouth!
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Not a huge power difference difference, but the difference does mean you'll be revving the engine out to get the torque... 4WD isn't about limiter bashing in most cases.

RPW over in Perth do a bit of work to them, or did, dunno if they are still around. You'll make up the difference pretty easily and have no headaches with conversion.

We had 250k on ours before it needed new valve seats... that was 9yrs ago and I still see it driving around towing a boat.

The 1uz will make more piwer, lower in the rev range than a 6g74 bro

Having had both, I'm inclined to agree. The 6G74 is capable, but not a very pleasant engine.

As much as I like Mitsubishi, your mad if you think a 6G of any variety is equal or better than a UZ, especially for a 4wd. The DOHC 6G74 might have had more power than the 1FZ-FE but it had a lot less torque, and drank PULP like a fish. A tickled 6G would be the same, and develope it's torque too high in the rev range compared to a V8.

Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    You'd be wasting your time putting a 1UZ in, a fresh 6G74 with some work will have a bit of poke.
    The only reason to put a 1UZ in is to gain noise.

LS as you have a spare makes sense for a big power increase.
    The noise would be nice, but the obvious choice is torque and reliability. The 1UZ is a great 4x4 engine simply because of the reliability. In Stock NA form there are very few engines more reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Its not that much of a torque increase that is 1400rpm further up in the rev range... in a vehicle that weighs much more than the Toyota sedan it came out of...

I'm more concerned about reliability to be honest. I've never had any luck with Mitsu motors not lunching themselves when you look at them the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    Its not that much of a torque increase that is 1400rpm further up in the rev range... in a vehicle that weighs much more than the Toyota sedan it came out of...
    My LS400 moves ok and is 1750kg. Google suggests a gen2 pajero is also 1750kg.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    My LS400 moves ok and is 1750kg. Google suggests a gen2 pajero is also 1750kg.
    Yep this.

And the difference in torque is 1400rpm..before you start modding the 6g to try, and make the power of the 1uz.