Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS into Gen2 Pajero

Kerb weight of a NL Pajero is 1995kg. Add a little bit of kit like bullbar, bigger / AT tyres, some internal shite... You'd be sitting at 2200kg pretty easily, if not more without getting ready to go bush bashing.

So quite the difference in weight.

The 6G74 makes its peak torque 1400rpm BEFORE the 1UZ

It makes sense doing a 1UZ conversion in a Hilux / Surf as they have a under powered hunk of shit engine...

Like it makes sense to put an LS in a Pajero as the power difference is much greater

Just to reaffirm, it's not a numbers game. It's a "Mitsubishi 6G74's are junk" game.
    Maybe it's just my luck with them, but I've never had these problems with Toyo motors.

Ahh yeah, didnt realise his was an NL.

By the numbers:
    6G74: 139 kW (189 PS; 186 hp) at 4,750 rpm with 306 Nm (226 lbfft) of torque at 3,750 rpm
    1UZ: 195 kW (261 hp) at 5,400 rpm and torque of 365 Nm (269 lbft) at 4,400 rpm

The difference in peak torque RPM is 650, not 1400, and thats peak torque which is pretty irrelevant if the peak torques are totally different numbers.

From what I can find, the 1UZ makes over 300Nm from about 1800RPM.

So in the numbers game, 1UZ wins all.... however when we swapped the 4V out for a 1UZ in the century it was substantially slower off the line (needed shorter diff ratio but meh), so I agree the 1UZ is not a super torquey engine....

BUT that was going from a long stroke 4L V8 to a short stroke 4L V8.... this is going from a 3.5L short stroke V6 to a short stroke 4.0L V8.... so theres not really any numbers that are gonna support your argument. Have you driven a 1UZ powered one? Has anyone?
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 17-05-17 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    No the
    joke on you guys because your so fucking dumb.
    #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Ahhh yes, they went back to SOHC in the NL... the DOHC which is what i had in the NJ made 300Nm at 3k rpm and 153kw at 5k rpm

Just LS it, if that breaks, you'll get another one for pocket change.

Or buy a different 4wd?

I'm actually planning to upgrade to a C63, I just need to string this one out a bit longer.
    Turns out I've scored a 6G74 and SC14 for free, so I'm going to play Russian roulette again with all 6 chambers loaded.

SC14 is a lot of effort for 3psi if your lucky / spin it to infinity and beyond

Sc14 are shit. Don't bother
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

Your arguments make no sense. A 1uz is a cheaper conversion and a cheaper replacement engine. Stock for stock 1UZ > LS all day for reliability.

Even though the 1UZ wins in the numbers game against the 6g I would still go it if it didn't due to reliability. I have personally blown 3 6gs and have many mates in similar situations. I do not know anyone that has blown a stock 1UZ, but got a few mates that have clocked their LS400's on the original engine.

Did lolat 6 chambers loaded comment

The info about the ls1 is correct. You use the nh pajero 92-95 auto transfer case and a jeep 'transfer case to 4l60e adaptor'. this apparently lines up most of the hole but a few will need to be drilled, output shaft fits perfect in the pajero transfer case. Firewall clearance works out perfect with the jeep adaptor as well. All of the info is on the 'pajero 4wd club of victoria' forum in a build thread, he built 2 of them the first build thread contains all of the info. I don't know my login for the site anymore but let me know if you cant find it.