Thread: Where would I find these carbon brushes? (12v motor of a mobility scooter)

Where would I find these carbon brushes? (12v motor of a mobility scooter)

So, what I thought would be an easy task has turned into a pain in my arse so I need help from the PF brains trust.

The 12v motor in question is off a Mambo 375 mobility scooter, when in operation it seemed to lack power compared to the other motor and figgered I would try replacing the brushes first.

These are the little devils...

I searched "43" on eBay and came up with some matches but thought I would try local so I could compair what they are trying to sell me with the original ones to make sure they are the same but the first place (Ashdown Ingrams in Fyshwich) said they don't stock them and recommended I go to Mobility Matters around the corner.

Went there, gave the original one to the a young bloke from workshop so he could ask someone more experianced if they had them.
    Came back and told me they can order them in, cost is $60 for the parts and another $60 "workshop charge" for 1/2 hour work just to order them.
    And will take a week to get in.

I know fuck all about these fucking things, does the "43" referance strickly to these brushes?
    So if I buy some with the 43 stamped on them they will work?

Sorry for the long (bourbon filled) post, just need too get this sorted so I can get my mother off my back.

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/
    [_]-------------------[_]

CB-43 Carbon Brush

^^^ Google that

They seem to be very common
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

That could be a bingo!!!

Seems to me a Makita part number, the company I work for if a Makita dealer so that'll work.

Thanks champ!

/ --------------- \
    _/ /___________\ \_
    /_________|_________\
    |OOO ___________ OOO|
    \______|====|______/
    [_]-------------------[_]

Failing that there are some joints (well used to be when I worked for makita) who would make you custom brushes.. Fucked if I can remember when now tho...

I had some brushes made for a drop saw about 5 years ago here in Brisbane. Place was in Narangba from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk