Thread: Motorcycle "Dash" Cams.

LS7 Prius = Proper HYBRID Walt Kowalski's Avatar

Motorcycle "Dash" Cams.

Time for a camera, or two.

What camera do you guys use on your bikes/helmets?

What is a good FB group to see idiot drivers near bikes?

Too many idiots on the road. Time to expose them.
    Logical debate beats name calling any day. My Badges Of Honour so far in PF: Racist, Bigot, Islamaphobe, Numpty, Moron, Far Right Wing Nationalist, Far Fight Wing Fascist, "raving fucking lunatic", "dumb" & climate "denier". AND they are just SOME of the pathetic tags that I've been labelled by SOME here. HINT: Those labels are signs that the accusers have lost to logical debate.

Maybe it's time for them to check some facts. Here's a good starting point: http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5n...lz5GnS6MTr1tVA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUs...6qyxigW-30ww4w

GoPro is what most people use. Other companies are coming out with their own Bluetooth headset/camera combos now, the Sena 10C Evo is due out in August and looks like it could be decent, 2K 30fps & 1080p 60fps.

https://www.sena.com/product/10cevo/

I use a GoPro Session 4 on mine, mounted above and slightly left of the headlight as there is a handy allen bolt there (part of front cowl) and I modded a GoPro mount to suit (pulled one again, drilled a hole in it). I know guys that run front and rear but I'm OK with one and depending on the length of ride/commute, you'll find you get sick of regularly charging and wiping 2 GoPro's.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Thanks for that guys. Go Pros are a pain in the race car turning on and off and charging so I'll avoid them and am looking for something compact, hard wired and automatic.

Too many idiots out there in Camrys.
    Logical debate beats name calling any day. My Badges Of Honour so far in PF: Racist, Bigot, Islamaphobe, Numpty, Moron, Far Right Wing Nationalist, Far Fight Wing Fascist, "raving fucking lunatic", "dumb" & climate "denier". AND they are just SOME of the pathetic tags that I've been labelled by SOME here. HINT: Those labels are signs that the accusers have lost to logical debate.

Maybe it's time for them to check some facts. Here's a good starting point: http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com

There's a couple around now
    For example this one

But it's not cheap

https://dashcamsaustralia.com.au/sho...motorbike-cam/

Supraholic
    Need one myself now to mount on the helmet, got clipped Friday last week. Wish I had one already. Was filtering past stationary traffic when someone decided in their infinite wisdom ahead of me to to not check their rear view and make a sudden turn. Tried to swerve but she got me good in the leg (nothing broken luckily). Insurance seems to think I may be at fault, which I don't understand as that's basically saying pull out in front of bikes at your leisure.

Half the videos on that channel are submitted by the most retarded fucking riders on earth. A car will pull out in front of them, miles away from the bike, and yet the cockheads will chase the cars down and rant like little bitches. Yelling their ultimate threat, "you're going on Youtube", fucking spastics. Don't get me started on the mobile phone warriors who'll do all sorts of illegal dangerous shit, just to try and school a driver not to use their phone.
    Last edited by Gats; 22-05-17 at 05:38 PM.

Battery life on go pro sux big time. I'm lucky to get more than 2 hours before I have to charge.
    You cannot continue to victimise someone else just because you yourself were a victim once—there has to be a limit

I always found the Garmin Virbs to be better than gopros for most things, especially the shape and size, but then they went and changed the shape to look like a go pro.

Recording set up was easier using t he screen or wifi, and to start recording you could set it to start when the GPS sensed you were moving, by wifi, or by sliding the big button forward. Battery life was about 8 on the SD and 4 hours on HD with GPS data capture as well and easily recharged using a usb port and power supply, computer or 12 volts in the car.

RAM mounts could be used if the standard mounts didn't do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Half the videos on that channel are submitted by the most retarded fucking riders on earth. A car will pull out in front of them, miles away from the bike, and yet the cockheads will chase the cars down and rant like little bitches. Yelling their ultimate threat, "you're going on Youtube", fucking spastics. Don't get me started on the mobile phone warriors who'll do all sorts of illegal dangerous shit, just to try and school a driver not to use their phone.
    ^This, the riders are generally bigger idiots than the drivers and escalate things way beyond the original incident, actively putting themselves in harms way just to prove a point or for views.

After riding for more than a few years now a lot of what gets posted is easy to see coming and avoid if you value your life and don't have a massive ego.

It is entertaining to watch though

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Yup. And did you notice the Australian parts of those videos were particularly so. It seems cultural.

Temporary Australian Rorz de Puniet's Avatar
    I've always worried that if I fitted one of these cameras, and one day had a really serious accident or whatever... it might fall into the hands of the rozzers, making them aware of my oft maniacal commutes. This would likely lead to jail/besmirchment of my good name which just wont do I'm sure you'll agree.

Are police able to confiscate cameras which they believe contain evidence of wrong doing?
    Randy De Puniet has had more crashes than any other rider in the history of Grand Prix motorcycle racing.

I'm heavily leaning towards the Sony AS200V.

1) It supports loop mode so you can set and forget
    2) the form factor is more conducive to being mounted on the triple which it where i want it, so I can hard wire it
    3) Inbuilt stabilisation so that the quality isn't super potato so can also save videos of ride days and stuff which is what I want
    4) easy to slip out of the case without unbolting anything so I can take it inside when i'm at work etc so it doesn't get pinched
    5) second hand ones exist already, all hardly used because people buy them to be extreme motovloggers and do it once

It's not the latest model, but with the quality and bitrate, you don't want to be recording at super 4K either because you'll get 20 minutes of footage to a card

My only issue is sound, wish it had the rear facing mic. I might run an external mic but shield it from the wind, behind the cluster or something

Rorz: dunno, but maybe a camera that supports encryption and needs your specific password before anyone can access the footage might be a killer feature you could pitch to go pro
    Last edited by FioriGuy; 04-07-17 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Kowalski View Post
    Yup. And did you notice the Australian parts of those videos were particularly so. It seems cultural.
    There seems to be a wave of potato level riders that's filled the roads - perhaps since Lams? Certainly since 300 Ninjas happened. I see some spectacular fuckwittery by riders commuting these days.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Rorz - often wondered this myself, but they would only get potentially (for a GoPro) 2hrs of footage max. I've had a couple of real shocking red light runners captured on my cam in the last week or so. Not bothering to "do anything" with it but fuck me!!!!

I've got a green in both pics, so both cunts ran it by a mile. Truckie at least could use the excuse it was not safe to stop, even though he was almost stopped anyway and accelerated to get through rather than wait. *red light cunts piss me off FYI*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck red light.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	100366

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cockbag2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	100365
    Hide yo' wife!!!