Thread: the not so nasty e30

Pollitically incorrect

the not so nasty e30

Pretty sure I haven't posted about this since I bought it of profi, but I have their old beater e30 track hack.

I'll get some pics tomorrow, but picture a 4 door e30 that is stripped, caged, front has coil overs and adjustable strut tops. Rear seems standard, but pretty stiff as it was a tarmac car.

Tis great fun in the dirt,I auto cross/khana it and have no ambitions of doing much more that that other than a track day or two... maybe.

Any how, I have decided that the 1.8 is a little tame and it kinda needs a little more oomph.

I plan on running it as it is untill it pops it currently has the engine out of the free30 (i think, memory is fading and I bought the engine 5 years ago or so), but when that happens I wanna know what the PF collective thinks the best bang for buck, and easiest would be as I am a bit shit on the tools.

Open to pretty m,uch anything other than a v8, mainly cause it would be a waste in a light car on dirt.

I have boon looking for a 323/325/328 e36 compact to get driveline out of but they are a bit thin on the ground (e36 rear cradle bolts in, so is a pretty straight foreward conversion I am told).

So what does PF think? SR20?
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

3rz

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    some fucken busted ass peice of shit

Pollitically incorrect
    Last time I priced one of them it was a wrecker job, un known km and was $1800 for a short motor.

They do make a fair bit of torque for what they are though.
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

As much as it pains me to say it an rb if you were going to non BMW it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Pollitically incorrect
    not the worst idea. Is there a kit for that?

I know there is one for an sr20, thats why it has some merit. That and they seem pretty reliable if you dont get stupid with them.

Dr Hoon

is it m10? getrag 265, RP head bolts and china turbo?

Pollitically incorrect
    well I do have an intercooler or two lying about.

Dr Hoon

Pollitically incorrect
    and yeah, basic old 1991 1.8 and gear box.

Dr Hoon

this is probably rapidly approaching costs of el cheapo engine conversion, and probably a fair bit of stuffing around for modest power, but i had this idea rolling around in my head for my spare 2002;
    1) getrag 262/265 or similar from any M30 powered car from wreckers, supposed to have same bolt pattern as M10 box but is obviously a lot stronger
    2) random m10 turbo manifold (i had one, one of cal's mates has two going to waste)
    3) china turbo or something, china intercooler. ARP headbolts just in case
    4) random ECU, limit it to 7-10psi and.. done? idk.

figure you could do a lot yourself for cheap, could have some fun seat time making tractor whoosh noises so everyone thinks you have an SR, and then when it pops do engine conversion?

Pollitically incorrect
    el cheapo is good.

blowing the motor on it's 1st day, not so much.

I guess it's the trinity again? Cheap, reliable, fast. Pick any three.

Dr Hoon

Few of us are going to Winton for a test and tune next month. Might be a good chance to blow the motor.
    Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Pollitically incorrect
    details please.

Dr Hoon

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    not the worst idea. Is there a kit for that?

I know there is one for an sr20, thats why it has some merit. That and they seem pretty reliable if you dont get stupid with them.
    Nah but have put a 20 in a 21 and it's pretty simple if you can use a tape and a welder

I'd do what monkey says and turbo the m10, in the meantime find yourself a 2.3 I6 that will do for a bit, won't be epic power but they do like a rev and reliable to thrash on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman Don View Post
    As much as it pains me to say it an rb if you were going to non BMW it.
    ACM have lexus 2.5 v6's from the IS250 on sale at the moment for $279, get a gearbox, ecu and loom and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    and yeah, basic old 1991 1.8 and gear box.
    Not an M10, its an M40 from the FreE30 before JZ power. It was a strong little motor for what it was, very healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Pollitically incorrect
    I'm sure it will bolt straight in!!!

Would be something different thats for sure.

Dr Hoon

Beams 3sge
    F20c

They were one's I'd like to see

Always had a strange want for CA18DET in one too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The 4GR-FSE is a 2.5 L (2499 cc) version. Bore is 83.0[12] mm while stroke is reduced to 77.0[12] mm with a compression ratio of 12.0:1. Output is 203215 PS (149158 kW; 200212 hp) at 6,400 RPM and 24.7826.5 kgm (243260 Nm; 179192 lbft) at 3,800 RPM. This version also features Dual VVT-i, variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust cams and an improved D4 direct injection system.
    160kw dead stock, probably closer to 180kw by the time you put an exhaust/intake/ecu tune in to the mix is a lot of poke for an E30 and still within the regs to be boosted down the track. You could always go the tried and true M5x conversion which is becoming more and more commonplace as the donor drivetrains becoming ever cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    160kw dead stock, probably closer to 180kw by the time you put an exhaust/intake/ecu tune in to the mix is a lot of poke for an E30 and still within the regs to be boosted down the track. You could always go the tried and true M5x conversion which is becoming more and more commonplace as the donor drivetrains becoming ever cheaper.
    M54 B30 makes 170kW standard. The one in my racecar with Schrick cams and headers makes 180kW at the rear wheels.
    A lot simpler to fit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius123 View Post
    Performance Forums, where our two best threads are a man stabbing a lawn mower and a lawn mower stabbing a man

Is the m54b30 $279? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Is the m54b30 $279? 😁

Haha, v6 would be nice and short as well. Fuck knows what it would take to fit though/gearbox options?

If current motor is m40 not m10 I have no idea if it will take a China turbo as easily as an m10 sorry

I look forward to having a steer of this if/when a drive day is arranged.

I saw that 4GR Lexus 2.5 special and wondered what the fuck I'd do with one, this is absolutely perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkicker View Post
    How many blowjobs to pay off that debt?

i thought the answer was obvious?

ecolpi barra converted to E85. cheap, plentiful and powerful.

i look forward to taking this thing on in my newly aquired very very very naaaaasty E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Is the m54b30 $279?

Maybe not. But you'll spend heaps making something else fit, whereas the M54 will bolt straight in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius123 View Post
    Performance Forums, where our two best threads are a man stabbing a lawn mower and a lawn mower stabbing a man

Nothing "bolts straight in" but I get what you're saying

Holy fuck, $250 for a modern Toyo V6? Jesus! I wonder how much massaging the Stout would need
    Last edited by Nitephyre; 27-05-17 at 11:20 AM.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

I believe that deal has ended now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Pollitically incorrect
    yeah so this thing is fucked.

anyone got a 4cyl BMW motor lying about?

I did get talking to a bloke at the track that has a commo v6 in a e36. Apparently very straight forward, but an m10 or m40 would be easier and cheaper I reckon..

CB'd with anything lairy, just need something in there so I can kick up a bit of dust.

Dr Hoon

Pollitically incorrect

Dr Hoon