Thread: RB30e+t turbo selection

RB30e+t turbo selection

Yes I know I'm a pioneer but forum threads from 2002 on calaisturbo are hurting my brain. wwpfd for turbo selection?

Application: VL standard RB30e and standard 4sp auto and 25 spline open 2 pinion diff and 14x6" rims. I'm hoping to get a cast iron RB30et exhaust manifold which I believe is T3 flange and will provide clearance to the block/engine mounts for a GT35 size turbo. Probably will use the Megasquirt I have sitting around. Occasional street sleeper duty only.

Power: Whatever the the standard pistons/trans/diff will live with without being reduced to swarf. 200rwkw?

I would prefer internal wastegate for pipework simplicity. The cheaper the better but would spend around $1k for a "nice" unit. No need to allow for future big power levels.

Precision 5858? Chinese GT3071? This Kinu TD06 appeals to me with integrated WG and BOV plus box of fittings: http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/ki...housing-1.aspx

Falcon gt3540, 10mm spacer on the stock manifold. Can push 300kw on the stock internals.
    caprice nugget.

Sounds good to me! Will the trans and diff live though? I figure the 14" skinny tyres and open diff will be a bit of a fuse.

With 14's you are going to be blazzzzzzzzzzzzing one tyre... a lot of the time.

If you lock the diff you'll snap axles on the regular.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

The jatco will start to slip unless it's been built a bit, increased line pressure and such for over 180rwkw is needed. Aside from that the 25 spliner may survive up to 250rwkw because it will just blaze one tyre and not grip.

To go quicker you need to build the jatco a little and get a 28 spline turbo-spec LSD or Detroit

Falcon turbo is absolutely perfect.

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

A rolling burnout is a rolling burnout....right?

I got laughed out of the Holden wreckers here for asking if they had a 28 spline VL diff so I feel like they are going to be out of my budget.

I'm comfortable digging into the trans a bit as long as it's DIY.

My second last VL was a RB30E+T.
    In my opinion, turbocharger options for this arrangement are;

Standard T3 (can be hard to come by nowadays due to age, but wont kill the rest of the car straight away)

JPC T3 "secret/big" high flow (looks like nothing has been modified on the hot side, but can make huge grunt)

Ford/Garrett GT3540 (readily available, but needs fucking around to make it fit)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OQZ524.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	99878  

Grab an lsd from an EA2-ED fairmont ghia or equivalent fairlane/LTD. V8 even better as they are 4 pinion. Heaps around and they are usually around $50 from the self serve wreckers. Custom axles arent expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

if youre ok with single peggers, get a VN -VS diff, tthey are 40mm wider but are 28 spline, just run a mini spool if its for skids., just replace autos as they break.
    caprice nugget.

Vl turbo diff be $2k lol. I'll sell you my minispooled vk borgy for $1700

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

28 spline axles for these are crazy prices..sometimes easier just go 9" or shortened b/w for big tyres.

Cheapest way is narrowed down vn long axles to suit vl diff...long axle not sure it would last with a spool or abuse.

Got lsd centre out of coon diff also.
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

I thought he was asking about a turbocharger???

Quote Originally Posted by ls400x View Post
    Sounds good to me! Will the trans and diff live though? I figure the 14" skinny tyres and open diff will be a bit of a fuse.
    caprice nugget.

Gt42r. You only dose once
    Sloth: [Sloff] Noun, like Skompa but with euro shitboxen, a large bearded person, with a penchant for cider and garlic pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    That's retardism cunt stop discriminating against me and my fellow retards.

$2k diff is wayyy outside of my budget for this. Driveline strength is very relevant to turbo selection because I don't want to have to pour many house repayment tokens into a VL.

25sp LSD is fine with normal tyres, it's only when you put 275 ET streets and have 400rwhp that they break. I have personally tested this; twice.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ls400x View Post
    $2k diff is wayyy outside of my budget for this. Driveline strength is very relevant to turbo selection because I don't want to have to pour many house repayment tokens into a VL.
    Just as I thought...
    With my previously aforementioned car, I went 25 spline L.S.D as recommended.
    My VL Turbo before that one had a locker. Don't do that.

Coon lsd and cut down vn axles wouldnt cost a few hubge. No need for $2k turbo diff
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Commodore borgy axles are tapered. Here in lies the issue and why they aren't cheap these days. Original 28 spline axles go for good money. Especially at vl width. Mini spool the 25 spline and just replace axles when they break
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Sending you a PM bruddah

My old 30E+T was amazing with a cheap T04E. Came on boost almost instantly and ran 16-18psi without any issues other than the motor breathing a lot (like all RBs). I will likely run the same setup on the current shitter I'm building too.

Wasn't the cheap hotness for these to advance/retard the cam one tooth?
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.