Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB30e+t turbo selection

Kinugawa do a 0.63 and 0.82 housing with internal gate. I got a 0.63 but it's for a 2.6L
    as short as possible

Ordered a 3076 with a billet wheel and 1.06 housing so we'll see how it goes.

Opens
    3076 in on a higher-comp 3.0L will be epic. nice choice.

Quote Originally Posted by richzx View Post
    Ordered a 3076 with a billet wheel and 1.06 housing so we'll see how it goes.
    What brand did you go with?
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Just chinese (Powermax) if it's good enough for Turbo Yoda it's good enough for me. Billet wheel turbo with everything included will probably blow the motor/gearbox/diff up before the turbo so not real concerned about it. Not looking to rotate the earth with this either just a bit of fun so should get the 250-300rwkw I want, which will quick in a VL.

I run a gen1 GTX3076r with a 0.82 rear on a NA RB30, Camtech cam, ARP head studs. Car is a manual and used mostly for track/drift which is why I didn't go with a 35 series turbo. Honestly it's mint, I haven't had it on a dyno but butt dyno says low 200's rwkw on 16psi. Lag is literally less than stock; car used to run a maxed out stock t3 on the factory manifold and made 180rwkw. I reckon if you want the ultimate street driveable combo and aren't chasing huge HP it's the perfect turbo, the area under the curve is massive and you're gone before someone on a gt35 is even making boost.

Car needs a clutch upgrade then I plan to wind it up, and see what it will make.

Quote Originally Posted by CJW View Post
    I run a gen1 GTX3076r with a 0.82 rear on a NA RB30, Camtech cam.
    I'm interested in the specs of the Camtech if you wouldn't mind sharing them??

Quote Originally Posted by motoxray View Post
    I'm interested in the specs of the Camtech if you wouldn't mind sharing them??
    Yeah mate it's just one of their off the shelf grinds; 517-114 http://www.camtechcams.com.au/hold_6cyl_vl_hyd.html

I had the NA cam in there before, never had a turbo cam in it and it used to fall over pretty hard up top. This cam gives away a touch down low but just revs out clean to the limiter which I run at 7K, mid range is super strong. Touch lumpy at idle but you can still easily cruise around at 1500rpm.

Falling over may have been from the .82 housing rather than the cam?