Thread: convince me to buy a D22 navara

Question convince me to buy a D22 navara

so im on the hunt for a 4x4 ute. budget around 15k. im really struggling to find ANYTHING with kms under or around 150000 for that much. tritons look lame but are probably the best pick I hear. I really like the look of the d22 but all I hear are horror stories. is there anything good about them or a way I can weed out the lemons?

cheers
    ~~ ~~
    ~ (**) ~
    ~~ /\~~
    ~ mmm...stick boobies~

yeah, nah.

they are pretty shit dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

I know

so I should just shut up and get a triton?

Craps arse. I had a D22 for 7 years, 150km and raped the bejesus out of it the entire time with zero failures. Was my daily work truck plus tow rig plus MTB shuttle machine. I took it camping and four wheel driving up the beach and to every four wheel drive park within 200km plus towed more cars than I care to think about and it never even looked like breaking. I sold it to my dad 4 years ago and he's still dailying it. It copped a new clutch about 40 thousand km ago, we put a front mount, EGR block, catch can and water meth kit on it about a year ago and it flies now. My old man has zero mechanical sympathy or care (I think the last time it got washed was when I owned it) and it refuses to die catastrophically like everyone on PF seems to think it will.

Keeping EGT's under control is the key along with boost control. I gutted the cat and put a 2.5" straight through system on early and I reckon that's what saved it. Plenty of people doing proper tunes on them now and if you bolt on the D40 manifold and turbo they fly (for the YD25 models, ZD30's there are plenty of turbo options).

If you're looking at an earlier model aim for at least an 05-06 Spanish build with the ZD30, later ones with the YD25 are as good/bad as each other. Good, solid, simple, honest truck with heaps of aftermarket backup. Can't go wrong.

The Triton is a shitful ugly thing and drives like a bucket of shit. People bought them because they were cheap, but not Great Wall cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Ive got a '13 D22, people give them a fair bit of shit but has been a good car.

Has done all the 4wding stuff, daily duties and a 5000km road trip towing a caravan.

Only downside and reason looking at offloading ours is the back seat is pretty small and my two boys are getting a bit older.
    Quote Originally Posted by oioioioioi View Post
    how about you go buy a kilo of sausages you lazy fuck, and then fucking count them