Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Malaysia GP 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Rona View Post
    Why dont they pit dan and go for a haircut
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    thanks for that

Fuck the transit to/from the race was messed up.

We got turned around and sent back to KLIA on one bus (rail/bus Package) because the cops closed the road!

Made it for the start OK though.

Fend for yourself seating was interesting

Stuck some pics on FacePalm just now.

Took nearly 3 hours to get back to hotel
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

BTW the pool was damn nice after the humidity all day
    ---

Wtf was Stroll doing? Haha

Just noticed Pierre Gasly beat Palmer. That's the end of Palmer then.

Malaysia GP 2017

Renault really needs to change the driver line up, it was painfully obvious the lump in the back isn’t anywhere near as off-the-pace as it used to be, but the cars just don’t have the speed around the track.

Maybe LOLdonardo should come back, he’d certainly give everything a red-hot go whereas it looked like Palmer just drives the car at 95%.

Also starting to think maybe the Honda is finally coming together too, will probably be a really good couple of seasons just before the rules change!
    Last edited by Aaron; 02-10-17 at 10:58 AM.
    ---

Palmer was done anyhow - who would want him?

Only seat really in play is Williams and they have no interest.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Gasly done well, hustled the winging Frenchman like a seasoned player. Can’t help but think the TR just wasn’t in the game this weekend, they seem to be driven miles ahead of how good the car isn’t. Be nice if the mothership gave them a bit more assistance to see them more consistently in top 8.

And again another clap for stroll, IMO improving heaps. Vettel shouldn’t of been where he was on the cool down lap, using the ‘collecting rubber’ excuse is piss poor for whatever reason they feel to do it or not
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux Forg View Post
    I agree with Rdyno

Didnt have high expectations for this race (particularly watching live vs tv) but I was pretty happy with the experience. All up $1800 for flat bed flights, accom in reputable place, tickets and transfers. Add any food, entertainment on top of that.

Would do it again? Probably not unless it's somewhere like Monaco or Spa, I just don't have the stamina to be walking around in all this heat and humidity all day long.
    Last edited by MZ21; 02-10-17 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    Yes, when I think "chivalry" and "old fashioned values" the image of choppo choke raping an obese drug addict on the side walk at 3 am instantly comes to mind.
    So... the elephant says to the camel "why do you have 2 boobs on your back?" the camel replies "that's a pretty stupid question coming from someone who has a dick on his face"

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Fuck the transit to/from the race was messed up.

We got turned around and sent back to KLIA on one bus (rail/bus Package) because the cops closed the road!

Made it for the start OK though.

Fend for yourself seating was interesting

Stuck some pics on FacePalm just now.

Took nearly 3 hours to get back to hotel
    The only problem with the Malaysian GP was it was run by Malays.

Would be excellent otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    1998 BT1 Sedan. RB30 plus baby seat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Anything with Fukushima in the title is bound to be great click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by FukushimaBT1 View Post
    The only problem with the Malaysian GP was it was run by Malays.

Would be excellent otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    On the flip side I had no issues. Door to door including waiting for shuttle, klia transit and then monorail 2hr to return from the track. I'll do a more detailed write up later.

Ahhh the monorail, where TJ couldn't stand straight for smashing his head against roof.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

I guess most of this is redundant since it's the last year but here are my random observations from the trip:

The flight to KL:

Air Asia flatbed is worth it! Cost my about $480 ea way and fuck it was worth it, I booked seat 2A and didn't have anyone sitting next to me. The seat will lay flat but it's at a slight downward angle. As part of the flatbed option you also get one meal and drink, 40KG baggage, 12KG cabin luggage and in-flight entertainment. I ended up buying coffee and croissant (20RM, ~ $6) and a Gin and Tonic (25RM, $8).

Arriving at the Airport:

If you want grog to drink while you're in KL there is a duty free on the way out 1L per person is the limit.
    At the exit there are heaps for mobile providers, I went with Digi traveller PP, RM38 (~$12) inc 10GB data and it included RM5.00 credit for calls, but I do everything of data. Skype call and Skype Out worked perfectly to Oz.
    Changing money, the money changer at the airport are cunts, so only change as much as you need to get you into KL. About $100 got me RM290, vs RM330 in town.

Getting to KL, buy a return KLIA Express Ticket for RM100 (~$30), it the fastest way of getting to KL Sentral

From KL Sentral you can just get a taxi to your hotel (make sure you buy it at the taxi counter, they will sell you a ticket to all the major centres, hotels)

To and from the track:

I didn't have issues with this as I left plenty of time either side of qualy and the race. Getting a seat both on the KLIA Transit train is lord of the flies, you don't give way, you get your elbows out and grab a seat. Getting onto the shuttle is a bit more civilised as it's a coach with assigned seating.

At the track

At the track seating on friday was free, basically any stand, any seat. Saturday and Sunday were assigned to you Stand section etc, but it was free seating in those areas. As I was alone there weren't too many problems finding a good spot.

I very super happy with picking K as it's at the end of the straight and all the major overtakes happened there.

Food, complete shite! I bought 2 slices of pizza as KL Sentral, had one on the way and one walking into the track. About RM15 two slices, compared Rm25 for a really shit burger the day before.

Something that was super amusing as scary at the same time; At the entry gates they have x-ray scanners for bags and metal detectors for humans. One day I had two full bottles of water in my bag (not allowed), straight through. Day 2 right beside the entry gate that has security guards, x-ray scanners, metal detectors etc, there is an exit gate that is completely unmanned. So there's a queue to enter and there's a completely unmanned exit gate that is open. So what do, walk straight in thru the exit gate.

Weather:

Hot and humid, it just sucks the life out of you, plenty of water, and try and stay out of the worst of it. Probably why they have so many aircon'd malls here.

Anyway that's about it.

I'm sorry fucking what- you got a lay flat chair in a plane for $480 each way SYD - KL?

Yeah, pretty is was $960/return (definitely under $1000)

Do you know if any other airlines do that? Was it still classed as economy?

Quote Originally Posted by lukevl View Post
    Do you know if any other airlines do that? Was it still classed as economy?
    No idea on others, but it's called premium flatbed.

https://www.airasia.com/my/en/inflig...m-flatbed.page

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    A few years ago there was a coach from the Petronas towers direct to the circuit. Cost $10 from memory.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    A few years ago there was a coach from the Petronas towers direct to the circuit. Cost $10 from memory.
    Yeah they had that this year, fuck sitting in traffic. RM200 ($60) for three days via the KLIA Transit is way better KL Sentral to KLIA in 30min

Nopics and I did the same seat deal as MZ21. Is worth grabbing when you can get them as KL is a gateway to Asia. They go on hardcore sale like that 3-4 times a year and sell pretty quick.

Did you get the free entertainment/tablet too?

At Redang Island now which is a bit primitive but without AirAsia fares I’d never have thought of being here (was $18 KUL to TGG and then a 90 minute ferry).

Normally in KL I’d use Maxis Hotlink local sims but this time did Vodafone Global roaming - not as good as maxis as it always hops between Celcom and Digi but it works.

Every other year the transit for the race was fine - I’d blame circumstances this year being we left KL too late each day. Honestly the only thing wrong with the F1 in KL was the fact that it cost so much to host compared to the prices they could sell tickets for. It was the cheapest F1, and yet except for a paddock ticket the prices were still more that a months base wage for a local.

I probably wouldn’t travel specifically for any other F1 race like I did KL, largely because the total cost.

2015 I was out of Aus for 18 days, did KL/Penang/Johor/Singapore side trips and spent $2k all in exCanberra thanks to $627 return flight cost!
    ---