Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supercharged UZZ31 - Because being responsible is boring

Done a few MLS gaskets that have leaked with sweet fuck all evidence so its not unheard of for them to leak and not exactly look fucked.
    I'm firmly in the fix, once over the tune and sell the fucking thing category. Next the box will shit the bed, then the diff, the the blower etc.

Fresh motor, clean dyno sheet, $10k on driftsales seeya later.
    Your adub is a way better more reliable daily car, should of never let simmo run those red lights 40km/h over in that Lexcen
    Last edited by dnegative; 30-12-17 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

lol i was not keeping the lexcen for any longer than toyota nationals under any condition

im hearing you on the soarer, although its not that im afraid more shit will break. it's more just that having to go through all this bs has soured my experience. i probably should have just bought a nice clean unmolested JZS171 crown wagon instead like i was also considering. then again once i got the 9A going nicely in the adub i fell back in love with that car well and truly, so who knows. once this thing is sorted i might feel different about it

just confirmed - the injectors in it were indeed decapped. part number matches mazda 323 units

still baffles me why he used these when he had a full set of 7m 440s already...

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    just confirmed - the injectors in it were indeed decapped. part number matches mazda 323 units

still baffles me why he used these when he had a full set of 7m 440s already...
    Because 30+ year old injectors are just as shit, $350 for a brand new set of 8 of about the same size in a modern injector... https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...g302/overview/

or double the size for $550 https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...illocation=int
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Finally found some motivation to get started on the engine loom. I dont have the patience to totally re do the loom, so I started by removing the charge/starter circuits since they were unfucked, and I will focus on just neatening the ecu/shift computer side of things, and putting in plugs where shit was hardwired etc

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

down the rabbit hole we go...

Lots of poor quality solder joins covered in poorly applied electrical tape

Have cut out and re-done most of it over the last 2 weeks, whilst also grouping together wires which had had to be cut to get the loom out of the car. Once it has all been sorted out, the cut wires will be terminated in a connector to allow the loom to be joined back up in a removable way once it is reinstalled in the car. Even the trans controller had been hardwired ffs. It now has some connectors:

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Wow, that is some quality work you uncovered

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Between trackdays, work trips, and Toyota Nationals I havent had a moment to work on this thing in the last 2 months. Got back into it yesterday and today and now the ECU side of the engine loom is starting to come together

Still lots more to go, injector wiring, CDI, water meth, bunch of other random shit in the engine bay etc. And then there is the small matter of the engine. The heads are currently getting serviced at a mate's and will hopefully be ready soon