Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Off-road soarer $1100

lolololol boot mounted turbo is defs on the cards (#BMT), ive acquired 2 x Caterpillar turbos that would be perfect in a compound arrangement, but im wary of the rabbit hole of dysfunction these stupid ideas open up... This thing is running & driving, i think i need to have some fun in it before getting carried away lelelel.

Rally for a Cause Dunga Derby would be a good event in October (https://www.rallyforacause.org.au/), should be enough time to fit air 2 x vertical spares through the boot, air horns & a variety of Cannonball/Gumball/Modball-esque gadgetry.... plus obvs fundraising for the charity...

Ive started to add electronic cluttery to the interior, need more Alex Roy inspired gadgetry ASAFP

Inspo

agricultural
    Needs wifi de-auth transmitters and 433mhz blocker at minimum. Can't rely on EMP and solar flares to create the post technology wasteland this car is so suited to.

Hahah farken lololol! Would that make me a prepper? I dont even have a bunker FML

Also needs a massive dildo-esque shifter, perhaps one that lights up or vibrates to go with the electronic device theme.
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Flare install appears higher quality than RWB. carry on.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Part Number

Nett ex GST

Description

Stock

41201-29118

$801.28

FINAL GEAR KIT, DIFF, 4.273:1

If youre going to actually spend money on this thing, you need this

so you can actually do skids without bolting a turbo on

then bolt a turbo on anyway
    Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 16-05-19 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Quote Originally Posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    Part Number

Nett ex GST

Description

Stock

41201-29118

$801.28

FINAL GEAR KIT, DIFF, 4.273:1

If youre going to actually spend money on this thing, you need this

so you can actually do skids without bolting a turbo on

then bolt a turbo on anyway

Yeah true, its leggy AF this thing, 400kph top speed probs. Turbo cheaper and easier option! What ratio you recon its got now? E-Z said diff in it was different in some way, cant recall particulars....

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    If youre lucky it will be a 4.08 out of a Supra/TT Soarer
    stock V8 is 3.9 which is shit even with standard size wheels...

the 4.27 just gives it back the punch it loses from the massive tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Yeah cool... Im not gonna spend actual money on it, will try swap for wristies if i have to acquire things.... This car was built on the power of the wrist!

Need a cheap climate control unit, can be bleedy etc, just needs to blast cold air down my short shorts so my ballbag does not stick to the leather. Max spend $50 or 2 wristy vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    Need a cheap climate control unit, can be bleedy etc, just needs to blast cold air down my short shorts so my ballbag does not stick to the leather. Max spend $50 or 2 wristy vouchers.
    just apply power to the AC request pin on the ecu and power up the fan (may have to also move heater box flaps into position)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

I was gonna look into doing that, expecially as it gives me an excuse to use even more cool 80's style switches ive got... but managed to pickup 2 climate control units for $50 today, so i'll use one & flog the other off....

Quote Originally Posted by 50RTD View Post
    I was gonna look into doing that, expecially as it gives me an excuse to use even more cool 80's style switches ive got... but managed to pickup 2 climate control units for $50 today, so i'll use one & flog the other off....
    Soarer Surgeon aka mike beck on facebook can hook you up with a new lcd for it if needed...
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel