Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 2017

Goodwood Festival Of Speed 2017

Its on this weekend! Starting tonight at 7pm live steamed on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8r...U-pTJ6p7WNiv6w

Thinking next year I might go over to check it out. Anyone been? Anyone currently over there?

Worth going?

i went last year and it was unreal, we only went for two days but if i went again i would do more as we rushed around to see it in two days
    its a massive event

I went with a mate in 2011 as a photographer. I am not one of those but happy to point a camera from the premium locations!

I will be keen to go next year so it might be worth getting a crew together. I'll head up via Amsterdam for supplies so get your orders in lol

I just drove by on my way to the airport, fml. Went a couple years ago and very keen to go again.
    POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Am over here now, is it worth going?

That's an emphatic FUCK YES from me!

I fly home tomorrow and will throw up a heap of pics when I get back and have good internet again.

This is seriously car guy Mecca, I've been to a lot of car events but this is just next level. Every single vehicle here is worth stopping at and appreciating, in this volume it is pure sensory overload. Plus you get to see and hear them being driven in anger.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

It's awesome enough watching the YouTube live stream, I can only imagine being there would be epic.

A few phone spec pics to whet the appetite. I can also say I have never been to such an awesome and we'll run motoring event in my life. Utterly amazing!

Aanndd I have a flight to board!

1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...

Great pics! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by farmsci View Post
    Am over here now, is it worth going?

That's an emphatic FUCK YES from me!

I fly home tomorrow and will throw up a heap of pics when I get back and have good internet again.

This is seriously car guy Mecca, I've been to a lot of car events but this is just next level. Every single vehicle here is worth stopping at and appreciating, in this volume it is pure sensory overload. Plus you get to see and hear them being driven in anger.

Having attended a couple if F1 races, Le Mans 24H, nurburgring tf and DTM round, countless local v8s etc. Goodwood FOS had to be the highlight! Three days simply isn't enough time to see everything. If you're going wear comfortable shoes.

Watched the live feed for alot of the weeeknd. What a fucking show. Some of the cars are unbelieveable. Mad Mike in the quad rotor 1000bhp Mx5, / Pat doran in the Ford RS200 Evo 2 were insane.

That P4
    Last edited by TCR; 03-07-17 at 09:37 AM.
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
    2004 MX5 SE Turbo
    2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Opens
    Even just watching the youtube is a complete jizz fest. I really want to go so I can hear all those noises in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Looks like im sold!

When tix pop up for next year ill get on it!

This is someone's edited home video but I like what it shows.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Looks like the penske lunched a motor on the way up the hill - shame, would have loved to have seen it win the event.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Went yesterday. As has been said, just go. Only went for a day, still a huge list of things I missed.

Tweaker
    I was lucky enough to do all 4 days. What an epic event and I can see why everyone raves about it. I heard Mark Webber on the radio discussing it at one point in an interview and he summed it up best. An event with no real commercial interest, everyone is there for the cars. It shows imo. Here are some of my favourite (amateur hour) shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6301958.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	100335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6302076.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	100336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6302085.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	100337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6302090.JPG 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	100338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7011823.JPG 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	100339  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7011828.JPG 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	100340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7021654.JPG 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	100341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7021656.JPG 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	100342  

Yep, comfy shoes a must. We went two days, Friday and Saturday with a grandstand pass for Saturday only. Friday is much quieter so getting photos of static cars was MUCH easier. Then Saturday was sit back and watch from a few different grandstands and sink some beers.

Three days would be better, would have also liked to spend day 3 doing some of the experiences, Cayenne's drifting dirt paddocks, test ride Honda bikes, Jaguar had a skidpan doing test rides annihilating tyres in 2 f-types and an XFR! Trouble was they all had wait times up to two hours, so that's a serious chunk out of your day if only there say two days, a Thursday pass would've been ideal for doing those, then watch live stream from home on Sunday and let your feet recover.

We made the mistake of dressing baller on the Friday and my feet were hating on me after some 17,000 steps in leather soled shoes... Fail...

I doubt you can get that close to so many awesome cars anywhere else on the planet, seriously. And it's so well organised! Parking is free, and they run a constant stream of shuttle tractors to take you to the entry and back out at the end of the day. Everything runs like clockwork with accidents cleaned efficiently for minimal racing gaps. Well laid out, easy to get around. Food and beverages were good quality (pricey by Australian standards, but not bad for the UK).

Best of all, nothing at all felt like it was there to make up numbers, not in the trader alleys, vehicle displays, manufacturer displays, nothing. Everything there was quality, worth looking at and chatting about, nothing was a waste of time or space (okay, maybe the Dacia display...). All the obscenely cool stuff you've read about in mass, it's there.

Was a bucket list item for me, and it didn't let me down for a nanosecond. 58/10 would bang repeatedly into oblivion.

Watched the vids today and has now definitely got me excited to give this a crack next year. Might combine with French GP.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Group buy for Goodwood 2018!

What did you guys do for accommodation and shit near the estate? Was it bullshit expensive?

Tweaker
    There is camping available at Goodwood, I think it was 400 for the four days this year on top of your entry ticket. Easy walk from the campsite to Gate 2 though or they run a shuttle service for lazy cunts. We stayed at a B&B in Oving which is about 2 miles from Goodwood house, you need to book pretty much a year in advance to get in though. Not exactly sure on what it cost - I didn't book. B&B wise everyone puts there prices up for the FOS and Revival weekends, most have a 3 day minimum stay as well.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn in Portsmouth, about a 40 minute drive away, nice city though. But stupidly expensive, a shitty room with terrible buffet breakfast for the low price of 224 pounds a night! And that was the closest we could find, but we did book fairly late in the piece.

Still, it was price gouging of the worst kind.

Quote Originally Posted by silciv View Post
    There is camping available at Goodwood, I think it was 400 for the four days this year on top of your entry ticket. Easy walk from the campsite to Gate 2 though or they run a shuttle service for lazy cunts. We stayed at a B&B in Oving which is about 2 miles from Goodwood house, you need to book pretty much a year in advance to get in though. Not exactly sure on what it cost - I didn't book. B&B wise everyone puts there prices up for the FOS and Revival weekends, most have a 3 day minimum stay as well.
    we camped last year, non powered site and it was only about 40 pound a night

We stayed at a Holiday Inn in Portsmouth, about a 40 minute drive away, nice city though. But stupidly expensive, a shitty room with terrible buffet breakfast for the low price of 224 pounds a night! And that was the closest we could find, but we did book fairly late in the piece.
    you're fucking kidding
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Last 2 times I was there I camped in a field behind a pub.. for free. I did however empty my wallet in the pub for 3 days.
    The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    you're fucking kidding
    I wish I were! I'm sure if you were booking a good 6 months out like we should have done there would always been some decent B&B's at half the price much closer. But it's all we could get without shacking up in a third world dingy shit hole.

Still, it was price gouging of the worst kind.

Wow! in 2010 I stayed in Brighton for GBP 45/night

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    Wow! in 2010 I stayed in Brighton for GBP 45/night
    I didn't even really pay attention to the cost until check out. I left all the accommodation to my mate who lives over there to arrange and just sent him a lump sum of 50% of all accom across our travels, he's not the sort of guy who does cheap and cheerful so where I would've been fine in cheap shitty hotel rooms I think he wanted to book something nicer and I just went with it. I don't think I've been rolled harder on accom before in my life on reflection.

Moral of the story is, book early, don't get ripped off, don't be me.