Thread: Turbo Cam recommendations

Turbo Cam recommendations

Hey guys, Im after any advice regarding cam selection. The engine is 414sbc built with quality gear for 600hp NA.

I've purchased a Garrett billet 88mm turbo brand new built by rotomaster. Was a Gtr45 with 81.6mm front wheel and 87 rear, now has 88 front wheel 1.15a/r.
    It was a good deal so grabbed it, my plan is to collect parts over a 12 month period including intercooler, new pistons, fuel pumps, carb upgraded clutch etc.

Can any body suggest a cam to suit to help get into the 650-700rwhp region maxing at about 6500rpm. Its currently a solid roller so prefer to stick with a turbo solid roller, it runs a manual 5 speed and currently 3.9 rear gears. Im also after a mild sounding setup nothing like she is at the moment.

Cheers in advance.

BOOSTFARKIN
    More or less cam it for the rpm range na that you plan to operate in not the horsepower you want to make.

I don't know not alot of the sbc also if doing much street ks go for a hydraulic roller at your desired rpm limit would be fine.
    To be honest get a custom grind for it by ringing a cam company.

Or try searching on theturboforums /yellow bullet

Thanks Morcs, I've got a guy in Brizzie who's going to spec a cam for the combo. He'll be supplying one of his custom carbs and rebuilding my short with new turbo pistons and pins. We should get 600rwhp with this.

Jak Sie Masz! trent from punchy's Avatar
    272 or bust.
    www.markpakula.com
    2017 Subaru Impreza Hatch - for the grind
    2015 Cervelo S2 - for the fitness
    2005 Honda Accord Euro - for the wife
    1991 CBR250RR - for the fun