Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Bringing back the fun with a Nissan.

No wait, $250 week day and $295 weekend.

I've had an S13 into limp mode and the stock gauge still was in the middle other gauge said 110 or 115 or something.

Luddo looks heaps fun in small cars. WTB.

Need old man drive luddenham edition in our slow cars

Yes! They frown on any sort of sideways stuff though, so you have to behave. I got my usual first warning like every other track day, though in this car it was lift off oversteer on turn in rather than power oversteer on the exit like in the past.

yeah, thats why id take the 13 as wouldnt plan on being silly

Looks good man!

I'm thinking about doing a track day thing in October.

This seems to go well around the track. If you had a 40 year old car with an SR20 and Rx3 wheels reckon you'd have some fun on it? Looks like you had a ball in this but.

envy
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

I think youíd have fun driving around in anything. I know I would. Itís short and tight but busy enough to have a good time. Silvia is really easy to drive hard around there.

Let me know when you have the track day.

Will do bro!
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Bulk laps is awesome. Looks like the car is well suited to Luddo.
    Not sure if you're aware but NSCC has a track day coming up at Wakefield, 7th April if you're interested. Pretty decent value.
    http://www.nissansportscarclub.org/forum/content.php

Thanks for that. Iíll have to miss that one, got a busy few months coming up.

Some stuff happened a while ago. I was always a little concerned with how far back the left front wheel sat in relation to the wheelarch.
    The photo below shows what I'm on about, though it does have a little bit of left lock on so that does exaggerate it a bit.

I figured something has to be bent under there. It had GKtek adjustable castor rods fitted when we got it, and both of them were maxed out in the adjustment, so it wasn't that. I knew it had had a bit of an accident in that front corner as some of the repairs around the headlight and in the engine bay were pretty rough, but I never really looked underneath all that. So I jacked it up one afternoon and had a proper look under there. And found a crapload of dodgyness

Bent rail.

Lower tie rail spot welds broken away from the chassis rail.

Then I found the bent castor rod bracket. Right about there, where that bolt into the chassis rail is missing.

You can just see the hole there where the bolt should be fitted, but isn't because the bracket is bent and some rough cunt has just left the bolt out instead of replacing the bent bit

And the rear bolt hole was slotted to get that bolt in.

So that hole left front was hanging on by one bent bolt into the chassis rail and 2 bolts into the lower tie rail which was no longer attached to the rail. And I did 2 years of driving and 90 something laps of Luddenham like that. Nice.

Now instead of asking oldmate Nopistons if he had any unbent brackets spare, I chose to buy a pair from Victoria off Ebay. Which took 2 weeks to arrive.
    And although they were advertised as S13, they were anything but. Skyline? S14? Camira? Fucknose. But definitely not S13.

Some more fucking around with a cockhead seller and a refund and then I was informed by Nopistons that he had a box full of them. Had. He gave them to another S13 hoarder. An afternoon trip to Wollongong later and I had a good bracket which fitted perfect with no slotting of holes required. It also pulled the wheel back central into the wheelarch. Funny that.

While poking around under there I noticed the water pump was pissing out mud. Replaced that with a new one and some fresh coolant. Weird because when I had the engine out I flushed it and the radiator. Must have been trapped in there somewhere.

And finally, I gave it a bit of a buff and a wax. Terrible swirly job by me, but it shined up nice....

...for my wedding! Which you may have seen in my ute thread. My brother drove this one. Bogan car wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Fark! In a way good find I guess. Hopefully make things handle a little better!
    Find your Freedom
    Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
    www.FreedomFunding.com.au
    www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
    If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Yeah it doesnít pull left so much anymore...

1. I love how many laps of Luddenham you've done with the suspension not bolted to the body

2. Please do the needful and put original indicators back in. Orange would go well against the green, instead of clear chinaness if there are any left, that is

What, are you telling me you have no stock of them either? Youíve changed man.

The garage is almost completely Silvia free now, but still somehow has no free space. I'm not sure what to do about this.