Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 273

Thread: Bringing back the fun with a Nissan.

  1. #31
    Skrrraaaarrrrrk Chase Rockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Skrrraaaarrrrrk
    Posts
    2,614
    L28 with triple webers.

    Last edited by Chase Rockwell; 12-07-17 at 10:40 PM.

  2. #32
    Wannabe internet expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    THE RED ZONE , Australia
    Posts
    460
    I love this type of build. SR20VE with ITBs would be way cooler than another turbo build imo.
    Last edited by Rthirty1; 12-07-17 at 05:38 PM.

  3. #33
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    All these suggestions are frightfully good Gents. But here's some of my thoughts.

    Carbs= No. I'm a set and forget kind of guy.

    SR20VE- A lot of money and farting around. And then we still have to buy itbs. Really, this is the pov pack of DEs. S14 VVT or S15 Autech would be better than this, but again the money and simplicity of this engine is the winner. We bought a car with the engine we wanted already fitted, so no need to buy another.

    GTiR ITBs- From what I understand, nothing from the FWD engines fits the RWD ones. Could probably adapt them with some work, and actually the guy we bought the car off had a 180 with GSXR throttles adapted to fit on. But it was an ugly setup that didn't work properly. I'd rather spend more and buy the setup that bolts straight on and is proven to work.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBX-CAMS-...YF5FANJXgRXphg

    Just sayin...

    Surprised OBX don't do a SR20 kit.
    Those are 264 degree cams. The dead engine has upgraded cams in it already, but I don't know the specs of them. I suspect they are 264, the idle wasn't super lumpy, but I need to pull them out and check if there's any markings on them. We really want 270 cams though. Camtech do a nice kit with springs.


    Came home to a set of stainless headers on the doorstep. $250 delivered from Perth to Sydney. They look like they were made by Jian Yang's cousin in China, but we'll give them a go. At least they look pretty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wellard WA
    Posts
    898
    This is fucking great. Who cares about other combos, do what suits the budget. I get it, I totally get it and I love it.
    70's roadster cool with s-chassis engineering and efi. It's so refreshing! Like a retro-tech 90's fairlady.

  5. #35
    Registered User fantapants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    1,789
    Hey man I freaking love this.

    Dead set. I work for fucking years to come up with results and you guys just do cool way too easy lol.

    Suggestion on quads. But I recon (and could be wrong) you could do a quad setup the same way I did mine for my beams... 300 for blacktop throttles and some Home "machining" for mounting options.

    I'm not overly confident with sr engine knowledge but I think they have a similar manifold design to the beams?


    Yell if you are vaguely interested din what I'm talking about and can't be fucked scrolling through my build for pics lol
    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

    http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

  6. #36
    Registered User SR20 KE30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    sunshine coast
    Posts
    807
    Gtir quads just need the lower hole redrilled about 15mm higher, can be done in about 15min or so. Prob pics in my rolla thread if photbucket hasnt killed them yet.

  7. #37
    Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    10,297
    Those wheels fans are awesome X11ty!

  8. #38
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by SR20 KE30 View Post
    Gtir quads just need the lower hole redrilled about 15mm higher, can be done in about 15min or so. Prob pics in my rolla thread if photbucket hasnt killed them yet.
    Fuck, is that all it is?
    When i was at Ichiban buying my last SR they had a pair of broken GTiR SRs just sitting there. I could have got both for next to nothing, but when he told me nothing is interchangable i didn't bother. Damn it!

  9. #39
    Wannabe internet expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    THE RED ZONE , Australia
    Posts
    460
    Could always purchase an SR20VE head and plonk it onto your existing DE block?

    Although it looks like your definitely going with the SR, another random idea is to go about putting a VH/VK Nissan V8 into it. Would complicate things more than a straightforward SR, but a naturally aspirated quad cam jap v8 + ITB's + a good exhaust = the greatest sound known to man.

  10. #40
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by fantapants View Post
    Hey man I freaking love this.

    Dead set. I work for fucking years to come up with results and you guys just do cool way too easy lol.

    Suggestion on quads. But I recon (and could be wrong) you could do a quad setup the same way I did mine for my beams... 300 for blacktop throttles and some Home "machining" for mounting options.

    I'm not overly confident with sr engine knowledge but I think they have a similar manifold design to the beams?


    Yell if you are vaguely interested din what I'm talking about and can't be fucked scrolling through my build for pics lol
    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate, I'll let you know.

  11. #41
    Registered User LB-XP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    454
    What ecu do you plan on running with quad throttle bodys?

    They can be tricky to setup from scratch.

    4AG silver top quads are another idea but also require custom fab to fit up

    I built my S12 similar to your idea, twin carbs though on my FJ20. Got tired of the lack of power pretty quick (from what i have been used to in the past anyway) so its turbocharged now. haha
    Last edited by LB-XP; 12-07-17 at 09:02 PM.

  12. #42
    Registered User SR20 KE30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    sunshine coast
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFlanders View Post
    Fuck, is that all it is?
    When i was at Ichiban buying my last SR they had a pair of broken GTiR SRs just sitting there. I could have got both for next to nothing, but when he told me nothing is interchangable i didn't bother. Damn it!
    Just checked my thread, no pics in there. It says i port matched the head, reminded me i opened the top of the port up a bit on the head to get a perfect port match.

    Nice build, thats a rare silvia in that conditiin.

  13. #43
    Registered User clutch-monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    4,330
    have wanted to do this with a VE head and some weight reduction (CF bits like boot and bonnet perhaps, body coloured) as a fun mountain car.

  14. #44
    Compulsive modifier awdmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrrryyy View Post
    Those wheels fans are awesome X11ty!
    +1, they'll look great on this.
    The big Nissan v8 will spoil this, please go with the SR with quads.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a Navara with the deadly ZD30

  15. #45
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by LB-XP View Post
    What ecu do you plan on running with quad throttle bodys?

    They can be tricky to setup from scratch.

    4AG silver top quads are another idea but also require custom fab to fit up

    I built my S12 similar to your idea, twin carbs though on my FJ20. Got tired of the lack of power pretty quick (from what i have been used to in the past anyway) so its turbocharged now. haha
    Haltech Pro plug in for SR. Pinching it from the 180. It's currently tuned for a DET on E85 with ID1000s and cams, so yeah it will need some work.
    I have a short list of Tunas.

    I'm yet to get a good pic with the wheel fans fitted. But they're cool as.
    My brother and I are 80's kids with fond memories of Porsche Le Mans racers and 959 road cars, and the Group A and C cars that ran them in the 80's and 90's.

  16. #46
    Wannabe internet expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    THE RED ZONE , Australia
    Posts
    460

  17. #47
    Sensei Cobra
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Bris-bain
    Posts
    6,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Rthirty1 View Post
    As a rule, I typically dislike S13s. But I dig that.

  18. #48
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    Wow, hell yes I like that! Those headers are porn.

    I've grown out of my fender flares phase though. This car will be left uncut and bodykit free.

  19. #49
    Barra Is Life. no13b_Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canberra Nth
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Rthirty1 View Post
    <3 those pipes look pretty bloody awesome!
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

    - PSN: rotacoupe

    This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

  20. #50
    Barra Is Life. no13b_Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canberra Nth
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFlanders View Post
    Wow, hell yes I like that! Those headers are porn.

    I've grown out of my fender flares phase though. This car will be left uncut and bodykit free.
    Yes please don't. I'll forcibly remove it from u if it comes to that
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

    - PSN: rotacoupe

    This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

  21. #51
    Registered User darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,240
    This is awesome. Such a good job cleaning it up and a great platform with a raft on good bolt on bits. I like where this is going.

  22. #52
    Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    syd
    Posts
    2,434
    bring this to no13b's skid day in nov
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

    ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

  23. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Heyfield
    Posts
    165
    I made bang on 74rwkw with my s14 de. All it had was pod, extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust. But stale fuel at the time. Def had more with fresh juice. Held 3rd allright with 185 14s and 4.3s but that was in a stripped sprinter. My best mod was a 50shot rather than all the other jazz.

  24. #54
    Barra Is Life. no13b_Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canberra Nth
    Posts
    2,791
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    bring this to no13b's skid day in nov
    girlscreaming.wav.

    Do this actually. Justen had to bail out. It's a good time. Ask Rob. he's been to 4.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

    - PSN: rotacoupe

    This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

  25. #55
    Registered User schnitzelburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    syd
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
    It's a good time. Ask Rob.
    its a good time
    Turbo NB MX5: more derp less carbon lightyear clone
    Supra sold it: 1983 MA61 Supra - 2JZ-GTE + 6spd

    ohsdocs.com.au Safe Work Method Statements and other OH&S paperwork for builders and tradies, PF members PM me I'll do you a good deal.

  26. #56
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by blingcommander View Post
    I made bang on 74rwkw with my s14 de. All it had was pod, extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust. But stale fuel at the time. Def had more with fresh juice. Held 3rd allright with 185 14s and 4.3s but that was in a stripped sprinter. My best mod was a 50shot rather than all the other jazz.
    Well that sounds promising, thanks!
    Was planning on trying a drift day once Luddenham Raceway is up and running.

    Spewing, going away on a holiday same day as No13b's skidpan day. Next one!

  27. #57
    Registered User [CatchMe]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    176
    I love this. Can't wait to hear it!
    230SL 'Pagoda' | FC RX-7 Infini

  28. #58
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    Me too. Drove it to work today. Auto sucks really bad, will have to fix that sooner rather than later I think. It already sounds a bit rorty up in the revs with the Ford Laser airbox that's had the bottom cut off it....

  29. #59
    Pull my finger StupidFlanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,082
    Job for today was removing the old badly cracked dash and filthy centre console from the Silvia, and removing the nice flocked dash and console from the 180 and well, I'm sure you can guess the rest.

    The crappy Silvia dash.




    Annnnnd gone.





    It was really in bad shape. Typical S13.



    Insert nice dash.



    And finished. Ignore the auto shifter and hole where a head unit should go, they will be attended to in due course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno View Post
    It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

  30. #60
    Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    North Brisbane
    Posts
    6,214
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFlanders View Post
    Came home to a set of stainless headers on the doorstep. $250 delivered from Perth to Sydney. They look like they were made by Jian Yang's cousin in China, but we'll give them a go. At least they look pretty.

    Will the exhaust have a hotdog, or no hotdog muffler?
    Jason Broadhurst

    Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •