Thread: Wtb Racepak with gps

Wtb Racepak with gps

Dear PF

Just seeing if anyone has a racepak dash that'll do GPS.

I know I can buy one new just seeing if someone had one for not as much as a new one.

Cheers,
    J

Edit or comparable majigger that will integrate with a Haltech Sprint 500/PS1000/GM units
    Last edited by no13b_Coupe; 14-07-17 at 02:57 PM.
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

I don't have one for you, sorry. But just do your homework before getting one - I know a heap of people that have had Racepak dashes and sold them to get something a little better. The Motec stuff is awesome, but pricey, but awesome. Not sure what the other dashes are like.

I have an Aimsport mxl pista (mid spec model) in my Westfield and it goes ok, grabs data from the ecu and had the gps option as well for track laptiming. But it's hooked up to an EMS Motorsport series ecu.

With a haltech you'd want to go for an racepak wouldn't you as they've basically plug and play? Would love one for my 86 but there not cheap. Maybe Dal can do us both a deal on one
    Last edited by MZ21; 17-07-17 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MZ21 View Post
    I have an Aimsport mxl pista (mid spec model) in my Westfield and it goes ok, grabs data from the ecu and had the gps option as well for track laptiming. But it's hooked up to an email Motorsport series ecu.

With a haltech you'd want to go for an racepak wouldn't you as they've basically plug and play? Would love one for my 86 but there not cheap. Maybe Dal can do us both a deal on one
    Essentially that's what I need it for. I don't need super uber 187545ty fancy data logger functions. Just basic really.
    Tell me what's going on with the motor and how fast I am going.

And yes that'd be lovely
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Had a look at the aim sport site. Look like it will talk to a PS1000 just fine. Oddly there was a Pista up on ozclubbies a few months ago for $500, seller took a few attempts to sell it. I bought the GPS module off him, should have bought the dash as a spare at that price.