Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gu8 CRD patrol vs 2005 100 series 4.2td Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by DR GTR View Post
    True
    My prado 1grfe petrol returns 14.5 to 17 litres per hundred around the suburbs.
    Its a good motor too.
    I was getting that in a Jeep SRT with 280awkw around Melbourne’s northern suburbs

With mds turned off and plenty of launches from the lights

Y62 all the way! I love mine. It is truly awesome. Currently travelling around Australia towing a 3 tonne van and averaging 25L/100. Mind you I'm sitting on 110 or so and not shy about giving it heaps of right foot when I need to. If i sat on 90-100 most of the way and was being conscious about economy, I recon I could easily get 20-22/100. The HDJ100Ris a decent vehicle, but the Y62 is next level. I won't be going back to diesel any time soon.

Heres a pic of mine towing the van through sand dunes at a free camp near Uluru with 48psi still in the tyres. Didn't raise a sweat. Worth it just for the view.

The customer.

The 7 speed box does help a lot with economy, but for towing something like that a soot chugger would have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Paydirt View Post
    ]
    Need more fantastic photos like this in your travel thread.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a Navara with the deadly ZD30

Bloody Awesome Paydirt!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

I've never really felt the need to travel to the red centre but that view does look pretty special.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    fire trails arent usually rough enough to warrant live axles and shit. but i reckon a GU 3l would struggle in the sand. they have barely enough power to pull themselves along without grenading, and the TD42's are noisy thirsty slow tractor motors. leave them things for the farmers.
    TD42 is much smoother and quieter than a ZD30 in all conditions from idle to full noise. Much quieter and smoother running than any modern clacketty common rail motor. The old school mechanical injection is inherently quieter and the cast iron deadens the noise much better than alloy, plus it's a naturally more balanced straight six. Pull up next to any modern diesel and you won't even be able to hear your TD42 running.
    And TD42s are no worse in fuel consumption than most CRDs, in many cases they're better. The CRD ZD30 was notorious for using more fuel then the previous Di.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
    I've never really felt the need to travel to the red centre but that view does look pretty special.
    I lived in Alice for 4 years and am often tempted to go back. Fantastic part of the world with heaps to see.

Quote Originally Posted by hrd View Post
    TD42 is much smoother and quieter than a ZD30 in all conditions from idle to full noise. Much quieter and smoother running than any modern clacketty common rail motor. The old school mechanical injection is inherently quieter and the cast iron deadens the noise much better than alloy, plus it's a naturally more balanced straight six. Pull up next to any modern diesel and you won't even be able to hear your TD42 running.
    And TD42s are no worse in fuel consumption than most CRDs, in many cases they're better. The CRD ZD30 was notorious for using more fuel then the previous Di.
    I reckon you would hear a TD42 over the top of my TDV8. Even with my muffler delete.

Quote Originally Posted by hrd View Post
    Yeah nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

I need more cylinders! nine2nine's Avatar
    If you get a td42 you have to set aside $6-7k for turbo/pump/intercooler/exhaust to make it enjoyable to drive. I get 12-14l/100km depending on what I'm doing, but that is set up for touring and on 35's.

For your needs I think they are little old though. Haven't been sold since around 2006. Y62 is the only sensible option. They are stupidly large inside.
    Last edited by nine2nine; 24-07-17 at 11:55 AM.

Projects:
    '90 2jz-gte 929
    '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

i own a 2010 CRD. it's a good car and you don't have to be worried about it going bang, but it's a beast around town. i'd suggest you get a 200 series.

The 100 series 3rd row seats are awful to be sat in for anyone over 12yrs old

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by landbarge View Post
    The 100 series 3rd row seats are awful to be sat in for anyone over 12yrs old

Im over 100kg, and i sat in the back of one through the Daintree forrest no dramas
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
    Im over 100kg, and i sat in the back of one through the Daintree forrest no dramas
    Must not have been able to hear much with your knees over your ears. [emoji12] Unless of course you were in there by yourself. I only got in there a few times mostly from pub back to camp kinda deal. Was ok with the fridge

Rated for 3 passengers. Good cup holders. Shyte ventilation. No rear AC in the gxl I had
    I just sold my 100 series after 5 years. I was underwhelmed by the experience

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Have you bought a Pajero yet?

It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by DR GTR View Post
    Driven one with exhaust. Insane. like 300kw and 560nm from factory.

I wonder what the fuel consumption would be though
    Fuck they are ugly as fuck though

Best 3rd row seats ive been in (by a huge margin) are disco 3 seats. Insanely comfortable.

But dont buy a disco 3. Such awesome on paper, such sucky in real life, unless you get someone else to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks