Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XKR Portfolio - the poor mans Aston

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Well done, looks mint
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 10.5 at 134mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Quote Originally Posted by irsa76 View Post
    Can't wait to see what you do with this one.
    Oh i've got a long list of things sitting here on my desk...

Quote Originally Posted by turbo510 View Post
    Bloke up the road from me has one of these (not Portfolio though) and does regular track days in it.

Looks pretty stock apart from the tow and battery stickers but it sounds phenomenal
    Wouldn't be my first choice for a trackday car, but good on him! Got any pics of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    I like these things. Really like the F-TYPE but can't believe the prices for the V8!! I genuinely hope it does make you happy.
    The coupes & convertibles hold their prices much better than the sedans for some reason. You can buy a 5.0L XFR for $40k these days, but a 5.0L XKR is still $90k or so.

Even if I could afford an F-Type, I wouldn't buy one, too cramped in the cabin for me. The XKR has pretty much the same cabin space in the front as the XJR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
    Winning! Still something you can work on yourself?
    Oh yeah, within reason. I'm past the point of pulling gearboxes & shit, but since I have all the factory diagnostic gear, I could do anything, if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Potsy View Post
    Nice one, are you keeping the black beast ?
    The old man has forbidden me from selling the XJR, so it's staying. It needs some loving so now I can put it off the road to get shit done.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Well done, looks mint
    It's grey Chuck.

With the wisdom of hindsight, I should have bought one of these XKR's 5 years ago in England instead of the XJR... time to put that right.
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Pic for inspiration

2008 XKR-S

Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Man that is a fucking cool car!! Congrats on the purchase, and kudos to your old man for the awesome advice!

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    Fuck yeah! Can't wait to see this thing in the flesh Cam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

i like these. JLR let me have a weekend in the 5.0S one. was so much fun lol

Finally!

Great pics I know....

ok im ready for your XJR

lol

Boom
    DJ's don't need sigs

I think we need pics with the 110 jammed in there when I finally get to come around for a tune lol

Will a 110 fit under the door? I got a Disco 4 in with it lowered in access mode.

Plates are on, it's ready to go, but I'll need to give it a service before it gets a thrashing.

And that is a proper gentleman's garage....
    Just needs more leather Chesterfield high wingback chairs, smoking jackets and brandy balloons.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    And that is a proper gentleman's garage....
    Just needs more leather Chesterfield high wingback chairs, smoking jackets and brandy balloons.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    LOL, funny you should mention it... I do have most of the items on your list.

Took this thing for a blat around the block, it's hilariously hopeless with the open diff and traction control off, lights up the inside wheel at every opportunity. 4 year old 295/30 Pilot Supersports that are well past their best. I'll be on the phone to the UK tonight to sort out a Quaife LSD. Absolutely no point in squeezing more power out of it until the traction issues are resolved.

It's a very different car to the XJR. In the power delivery and in the touchy-feely aspects. The trans is really aggressive, it blips the throttle when you shift down with the paddles which is a bit over the top sometimes. It also shifts down when you jump on the brakes.

Needs a reversing camera asap, can't see shit out the back at night, I've got some facelift LED taillights for it which have much brighter reverse lamps, which should help as well.

So far so good.

Very nice mate. Great buy.

Jaguar XKR Portfolio - the poor mans Aston

Cheers.

Figured I might as well crack on, so I got stuck into the DAB+ installation.

Fuck me, it works!

DAB wasn't an option from the factory when this car was built, let alone DAB+

I tried this on another XK a few weeks ago and got nothing, so happy days, I was thinking I'd have to replace the touchscreen with one from a later model, stoked!

Last edited by Jack Nicholson; 12-01-18 at 12:03 AM.

Small wins are always good.

That is a seriously sexy garage, definitely needs a side by side with both jags compared to the fire fucked beginnings for some feel good vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

They are very pretty cars. One of my customers has an 2000 XKR convertible 4.0 supercharged. Very nice car that didn't cost the earth second hand, compared to new price.

i need atleast 2.2m to clear the roof hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Small wins are always good.
    Turns out I've stumbled across a bit of a unicorn. I sent the scan of the car to my ex-JLR tech guru. The software in the touchscreen is not the same as the earlier models, and not in the usual software database either. He's a bit gobsmacked. Apart from the DAB working (which it shouldn't) there's a few other small details in the touchscreen which are "new". Pure luck to stumble across this, but a win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    That is a seriously sexy garage, definitely needs a side by side with both jags compared to the fire fucked beginnings for some feel good vibes.
    Maybe I'll find some time on the weekend for pictures, how's this for now?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJonWB View Post
    They are very pretty cars. One of my customers has an 2000 XKR convertible 4.0 supercharged. Very nice car that didn't cost the earth second hand, compared to new price.
    Yeah there's something special about them, that's for sure.

Push it good
    Nice....I assume it sounds like sex with a Victorias Secret model

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
    Turns out I've stumbled across a bit of a unicorn. I sent the scan of the car to my ex-JLR tech guru. The software in the touchscreen is not the same as the earlier models, and not in the usual software database either. He's a bit gobsmacked. Apart from the DAB working (which it shouldn't) there's a few other small details in the touchscreen which are "new". Pure luck to stumble across this, but a win is a win.

That's a cool pic man!! And I love the fact that you've got a rare, quite new Jaaaaag and you're getting straight in to modifying it! Perfect 😁

Sensei Cobra
    The tone of this thread made me rethink my current thoughts on what my next car should be. You are, afterall, a long time dead.

Hope you can derive some joy from this mate

Quote Originally Posted by bahaimus View Post
    The tone of this thread made me rethink my current thoughts on what my next car should be. You are, afterall, a long time dead.
    Same, gorgeous car enjoy!

nice car, and nice shed

Always going to be a better to compare to, in this case though, pron as is, either car would be fucking awesome in their relative ways.

Personally, I'd be happy with an x100 xk8 (well, the xkr specifically) that everyone says are gay/are just big boy mx5s. The later ones are just less homo/more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson View Post

Nice spread! Good choice in cars... I want one...

Nice car (s) man, very jelly

Nice buy....M122 on its way yet?
    GT8
    1UZ Celica
    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Needs more both reversed parked in there for ultimate efame.

Otherwise, perfect garage.

Kennebelle time?
    DJ's don't need sigs