Thread: BC coilovers knocking

BC coilovers knocking

quick look online seems to tell me BC coilovers almost always knock anyway. but I'm trying to find a solution for it so its not dreadful to hear.

has anyone dealt with bc coils before? its just the RHF. sounds like when going over potholes its lose. I might pull the strut out and check the spring has been preloaded and that it doenst have room to move around much within the strut.

when I had it on a jack yesterday I noticed I could move the strut a little bit by moving the hub with force.would knock a little bit then. wound the coil up a little or atleast til I couldnt feel slack *but I did this byh hand so it probably wasnt wound enough*

also went from 17 clicks hard to 5 clicks hard to see any difference. its a bit quieter but the knock is defintely still there.

what to do what to do lol

Check the nut on top of the shaft is properly tight where it goes through the spherical bearing. If it's even a quarter turn off, you get that knocking noise. Mine were constantly coming loose until I put some wick in locktite on them.

It could also be the spherical bearing wearing if you have had them a while, they are not ideal for daily use.

Ive got BCs in one of my cars....Never had these issues you mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMuz View Post
    Fuck 1uz you're such a sad cunt, trolling at a rookie level is the lowest form of self expression.

Quote Originally Posted by turbosurfer View Post
    Looks like zero
    Anyway fuck the RS its a ford so it will just fall apart.
    The laugh is on you clowns.

They're brand new essentially. Thats what I was thinking from what I've read. i'll pull the strut off and check the nut later. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LoveB View Post
    They're brand new essentially. Thats what I was thinking from what I've read. i'll pull the strut off and check the nut later. thank you
    You shouldn't need to pull the strut off, just remove the rebound adjuster, put a 5mm Allen key in the top to hold it, and tighten the nut with a spanner. I put witness marks on mine with a paint pen so I could see at a glance that it (only one side was coming loose) was moving. After having to tighten it up after every outing, I got sick of it and put locktite on it, problem solved.

even better. I read online some people say they need to be torqued while some say just make it tight. i have no torque wrench so I guess I'll just make it tight lol

Zing it to 2 ugga duggas.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

i have a chinese breaker bar tho so maybe 2 ching chongs

fixed - sprinkles was on the ball. top nut had more room to be tightened

hahah two ching chongs.

Good tip, need to check the ohlins in the echo, one has a slight knock
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by LoveB View Post
    fixed - sprinkles was on the ball. top nut had more room to be tightened
    Cheers, happy to help.