Thread: IT enterprise monitoring job

IT enterprise monitoring job

Howdy all,

I work for a QLD govco department and recently they have advertised a role for a sysadmin to help out with their enterprise monitoring.

The role is basically using HP open view and Microsoft SCOM and an application called ehealth that monitors network devices. You would have to have a fairly broad understanding of the networking protocols, SNMP, windows and Linux services etc.

It's not very well paid 71-79k, but the reason I'm posting it here is that i think it would be a prefect starting role for a graduate as it's permanent full time and in my opinion would be a great stepping stone for a switched on grad.

If you want to know more please pm me.

Cheers,
    Ahmed.
    A man can never step into the same river twice. Because, it's not the same river, it's not the same man.

FWIW that's about the going rate for doing that kind of work as a Federal Govco employee as well.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

The team is actually fairly largish in size. There are usually 5 people in the team, this is the lowest rung. The highest paid technical person would be on 105-115k or so plus super. But it's the opportunity to progress that would be awesome for a grad.

I'd really love to employ a local grad rather than another 457 visa holder that actually has those qualifications and more. Not that I have anything against immigrants, it's just that someone that has those technical abilities and has experience should be on that 100k+ bracket, and it's tough enough for local grads these days.
    A man can never step into the same river twice. Because, it's not the same river, it's not the same man.

hmm, I actually did HP Openview a few years back at a Big Petrol refinery, got official training too haha. If you cant find anyone and get a chance to lift the job up a rung I might be swayed - currently contracting in QLD govt, Vmware, MS Sys Admin etc.
    "And I know that arseholes grow on trees but I'm here to trim the leaves" Peeping Tom, Mike Patton

Opens
    Pmd

I've found the perfect guy for you

Oo___oO