Thread: car magazines

car magazines

Approx 150 Hemmings Muscle Machines magazines, like Street Machine but American and not shit like Street Machine. Not available in Australia, you have to be a subscriber.

I subscribed for a few years but it's time to start clearing out the shed. Each issue has a feature on a car with statistics, options available etc, market analysis of prices, buyers guide, cover car features and tech articles. Cost is about 15 dollars Aus per issue if you buy back copies. Selling the whole lot for $150 firm.

Comes in plastic storage tubs. Pickup from Prahran or can post anywhere at your expense. (I'd recommend E-go but with insurance etc).

Cars featured include things like the Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, Fairlane, Thunderbird, Torino, AMC Javelin, Charger, Challenger, Dart, Swinger, every muscle car that you can think of.

Not negotiable on price, I also have thousands of other titles like Street Machine, Octane, Road and Track, Hot Rod, Hot Rod Deluxe etc. Message me if you're after something in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    ... he may have seen one of the signs of the apocalypse - 4 horsemen, fwd transmission, pestilence etc??

Street Machine mag from the 90's?
    VT, VH & C43

I've never seen this magazine before

Quote Originally Posted by exwrxex View Post
    Street Machine mag from the 90's?
    I've got a few, any in particular you're after?

Quote Originally Posted by big_pete View Post
    I've never seen this magazine before
    Yep, American market only. I found it by chance in London, loved it, started subscribing. I also subscribed for a bit to Hemmings's other magazines.

Also have about 200-300 Muscle Car Review (American but you can buy it here in Australia) and the first 60 or so Australian Muscle Car Magazine*.

*Which may be relevant to your Valiant/Chrysler interests Pete...
    ... he may have seen one of the signs of the apocalypse - 4 horsemen, fwd transmission, pestilence etc??

Used to get AMCM a fair bit but I've recently ditched all my car mags (heaps of early SM as well) as its too hard to lug around when you move house every couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by silence View Post
    I've got a few, any in particular you're after?
    Any from the 90s I will take if you want to do a package deal.
    VT, VH & C43

No prob, I'll have a hunt. I've got a few thousand to go through so it might take me a while!

I've moved these all 6 times in 2 years. I'm over it!

Attachment 101079

Attachment 101077

Attachment 101076

Took better photos of the US ones.

Also have Australian Muscle Car Magazines. Issues 1, 2, 4-37 and then three random ones after that. $50 for the lot.

any jap ones? i scored a pile from another PF'er. they were fucking heavy when i moved

Supraholic
    might be interested in the SM mags, post 2010 era as I subscribed somewhere around there. Haven't had a subscription for ages and missed a few so I gave up. Had some from early 90s/late 80s a while ago but gave them away to someone who was trying to get the full collection.

Quote Originally Posted by im_boostn View Post
    any jap ones? i scored a pile from another PF'er. they were fucking heavy when i moved
    I'll have a look, I had the complete set of Hot4s, Zoom, HPI and Fast Fours but gave them away a few years ago. I may have 1 or 2 Old Timer from Japan and I think even some Thai ones about Japanese cars.

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    might be interested in the SM mags, post 2010 era as I subscribed somewhere around there. Haven't had a subscription for ages and missed a few so I gave up. Had some from early 90s/late 80s a while ago but gave them away to someone who was trying to get the full collection.
    I don't think I have any of the later ones unless I bought one specifically ie a friend had his car featured. I'll check anyway.

Haven't found the street machines yet, have a feeling I gave them to a nephew who promptly threw them in the bin. Fucker.

Hemmings are gone and the Australian Muscle Car Magazines are gone. Also have

4 issues of Street Machine Hot rod - $10

9 issues of Rod & Kulture. Good mag, lots of period Hot Rod, Gasser stuff and tech stuff plus a pin up in every issue. $50

Name:  IMG_4259.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  162.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7024.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  150.6 KB

Next ones I found are Hot Rod Deluxe. $45 bucks. There's 23 of them.

Bought them because at one stage I wanted to build a gasser.

Name:  IMG_7027.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  145.5 KB