Thread: Bosch LSU 4.9 Sensor

Bosch LSU 4.9 Sensor

Guys, what are your takes on the Bosch LSU 4.9 Sensor? Just the sensor itself. I've seen a few posts and reports that they die. This the case or it really comes down to the controller? Or install, or both?
    '06 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0R-B
    '03 Lexus IS300 2JZGTE

Mine lasted 2 years of daily use on e85 and only failed because I left the ignition on for extended periods while trouble shooting stupid stereo system. It died 1 or 2 days later. They don't like being switched on if the car is not running or not being powered when the car is running. I have since rewired it so it only switches on when engine is running. It was being controlled by a mtxl which apparently isn't the best controller. The sensor would still be alive if I didn't cook it. 4.9 are OEM in some vz/ve moos and lw focus amongst others. Would think they're a proven thing when used by OEM's.

No trouble so far with ours in the track car, had it about a year running on 98

That's Sir Cunt to you... krisr's Avatar
    I got 2 in my HQ using techedge 2j9 controllers. I think the last set of sensors went a couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherfucker Jones View Post
    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Positioning plays a bit part if they are too cold or hot;
    But they fuck out in OEM applications fairly regularly, lifespan is 3-8 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Quote Originally Posted by THE CHIEF View Post
    Mine lasted 2 years of daily use on e85 and only failed because I left the ignition on for extended periods while trouble shooting stupid stereo system. It died 1 or 2 days later. They don't like being switched on if the car is not running or not being powered when the car is running. I have since rewired it so it only switches on when engine is running. It was being controlled by a mtxl which apparently isn't the best controller. The sensor would still be alive if I didn't cook it. 4.9 are OEM in some vz/ve moos and lw focus amongst others. Would think they're a proven thing when used by OEM's.
    VZ to VE moos are 4.2... the 4.2 is way more reliable than the 4.9..
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

I believe it's late 06 vz to late 07 ve that had 4.9. was hard to work out which moo had what but I did work that out. I went to pick a part and pulled two 4.9's off 2 different ve's myself, both 07's so I can confirm as fact that early ve's had 4.9 as precat sensors. Anyway 1 was stuffed, the other worked long enough for me to work out my sensor was cooked and not my controller and I then ordered a newy.

im 100% sure they are 4.2.. they have the 4.2 connector on them not the 4.9,

this is the V6 sensor

this is the 4.9

im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

I don't want to argue with you, I'm sure they do also have 4.2. The ones I pulled off 2 different 07 ve's had the 4.9 with the 4.9 connector you pictured. I'll take a pic of them tomorrow when I'm in the shed and post it up with the part numbers. From my research I gathered that they where only used for a little over a year.

Thanks guys, looking at a Link G4+ Fury which supports a 4.9 with the internal wideband. Just wanted to hear what real people said about them.
    '06 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0R-B
    '03 Lexus IS300 2JZGTE

10sec rx7. I think your right about the vz (4.2) but the ve between 07 and 08 used the 4.9. I can't work out how to post pics and CBF right now but this is the part no. 0 258 017 123 , on the bosh Motorsport website it lists it as 06-08 ve V6.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Thanks guys, looking at a Link G4+ Fury which supports a 4.9 with the internal wideband. Just wanted to hear what real people said about them.
    Should get at least 2 years out of them in aftermarket applications and replacements can be had for around $100. I reckon thats pretty fair and reasonable service life for the $.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Just FYI I have the G4+ thunder and have had no issues with the 4.9 this far on the internal W/B. It's on an RB30et street/track car so sees pretty harsh conditions at the track...that said car probably only gets driven for a few hours every other week; has had this setup for a year.

Used to run a 4.2 sensor on the old setup in an innovate lc-1 and I went through 3 sensors over 6 years or so. Lc-1's don't have the best rep though.