Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal RS-RR

sexy fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    Did the organisers not provide you with a lap timing transmitter?
    they did but i had it in the car and it didnt seem to work. didnt want it on the outside incase of scratches, tbh i should have worried about my driving first.

turn 2 got me. its fixable though, still drives. the lap before the rear came around once i turned into t1 and caught it fine but the next lap was straighter thru t1 so more pace into turn 2 and it came around again and i probably let my reactions take over. should have just got it away from the wall and let it spin but hindsight is wonderful.

honestly i dont think i gave enough respect/attention to how quick tyres go off in heavy cars. its not like motorbikes at all in that regard.

from looking at the videya was lapping around a 42 with a bit of traffic.

might get a sr20 pulsar and learn to fucking drive before going back in a car like that.
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Bugger.... so a tank slapper through the dogleg? Saw a couple of guys get out of shape through there the other weekend, looked very scary. Hope you can fix the car up.

Were you having fun up to that point? And how about posting some of your video?

BTW the timing transponders just need a clear view of the ground, usually you can cable tie them to the grille. You could also put them on the towbar if you have one. But as you have discovered, they don't work from inside.

42 is an awesome laptime mate, but very sorry to hear about your crash.

Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

Very true your comments regarding tracking a heavy car.
    There's a very fine window for a decent lap when at least something (be it brakes, tyres, fluids), isn't over heating
    BMW M140i daily.
    Honda Odyssey.
    FG XR6T ZF - Road registered 410rwkw Circuit car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short 43.4 SMP GP 1.48.1 Winton 1.35.4

sexy fingers
    I'll see if there's some video to put up, I haven't watched much else apart from the in cab vid of me punting it about 1m times.

When you break it down frame by frame when I transfer in the "dogleg" the rear comes around, I wind some lock on to keep it away from the wall, just as it starts coming back the left rear mounts the outside kerb, car grabs more angle so I throw more lock on then when the left rear gets back on the black it hooks up and yeah then I fuck it all up.

Should be in the panel shop on the weekend and out ina couple weeks.

Way nicer than High siding a bike though, just more expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
    VF2 Redline Ute
    E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)