Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nissan shit with RB aids...

Anyway, not a great deal done today so far, Tidied a few things up and drained fuel system with whatever old speedflow fittings I could find, amazing how much shit you find when needed..

Got the injectors and rail bolted on after running around and finding spacers and bolts....

Pressure tested fuel system and cleaned engine, this may have been one from the other,

On a completely separate note, it turns out E85 followed by WD40 is an excellent cleaner.... just saying....

Last edited by 350stato; 21-08-17 at 03:45 PM.

Nice, looking very tidy! should chirp second when youre done. haha

Little progress, been busy over weekend with Jamboree,

Bought VH41 T/B

Painted/fitted...

Injector adapter plugs arrived, USA type to bosch

Bought dirty commodore Power steer reservoir bracket, cut the fuck out of it to suit shitbox Nissan with hektik commo reservoir

Arsed about with a few other bits and made it do this....

Bought new yum-cha ebay radiator...

Fucken mounting pins broken off... cunt,
    Luckily I took that pic to prove they were never on it before packaging, awaiting replacement to arrive.

Not much done but something, new radiator turned up, this time with mounting tabs...

Can see in this pic with stock rad there is bugger all room for windy shit

Purple car had thermo's on the front of the A/C condenser blowing through that and radiator, not ideal but was sort of OK, got warm after 3-4 laps of QR thrashing at happy laps/powercruise type shit, wanted that fixed this time so have gone to Viscous fan, GKTech do a fan that flows heaps more and can be bolted to an SR20 fan hub on the 25 and fits in that gap... somehow

Borrowed Scott's truck to take to his shop for cooler and piping...

Got radiator stuff done, cooler mounted but then realized the HKS cooler is only 63mm with 2.5' inlet/outlet piping, so will pick up new cooler tomorrow and try fit over weekend

Last edited by 350stato; 08-09-17 at 10:58 PM.

600x300x100 Aeroflow cooler picked up/fitted,

Talk of Scott doing cooler piping for me today, car can then go get suspension adjustments done before coming back to Scotts for catch can/tune..

OKE020 made the cooler pipe sorted Sunday, Stoked, fitted and took it home..

Power steer reservoir bracket welded on, more exhaust black paint....

Starting to look like a car, will get a few other little jobs done and round up my missing indicator, park light etc, goes to wheel alignment etc Friday

Hopefully back to Scott's for catch can and tune next week..

Shit box is down getting its wheels aligned, will pick up early next week, then its off to OKE020 shop for catch can and re-tune on Caltex e-flex with all of the boosts...

Charging through it, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Thanks mate, am trying to get through it, so many fucking projects to do lol,

The front went back on before heading off to wheel alignment, missing a couple bits which I'll try source this weekend, bumper is as I bought it, pity they sanded it, was the same colour, will get front and rear bar painted at some stage

So I sent this down to get all of the suspension adjusted/aligned, because the car has all adjustable arms in the rear, and adjustable caster rods in the front, none of it was where it should be and everything needed sorting, the rear camber arms were hitting on the rear struts enough to put a small dent in them, The front strut on one side slightly hits the inner guard on lock and the tyre is rubbing on the strut, so I figure the strut top needs to be rotated? I dunno, anyway, sent it to be sorted...

This is the rear camber arms hitting the struts...

Booked the car in for a Friday job, dropped the car there Thursday arvo due to work etc, went in following Monday as they found a couple things to add, 2 wheel bearings have movement and a couple of LCA bushes are worn, the pillow ball? joints are on the piss and no good, I told them to do the bushes, adjust shit so it's right, I'll sort bearings when I get it home,

Get a call Thursday to pick up....

FUCKING NOTHING DONE!! Was not impressed to say the least...

They "didn't know why the suspension is hitting, maybe it's the wrong struts or arms" Then gave me a quote to fix all (not that they knew what to fix?) for just over 4K!! and to top it off, they wouldn't even drive it out of their own workshop because it "had to much power, I'm not driving it" so it has sat in the same spot I parked it a week previous, I then drove it out, gave them their $28 for checking it over..... towed it home..

In anger, I googled images of the rear arm set up for S14, fucking camber arms were the wrong way around, so this morning, I jacked the fucking thing up, pulled them out, turned them around and fuck me, they clear, took me 45 mins start to finish with a coffee..

Now, I dunno about you guys, but a week to look at a car to adjust suspension and then do nothing because they don't know, seems a little fucking off to me, I sorted the rear in an hour including google, and I'm a fucking truck driver (ie, not very smart) this thing went to Pedders Suspension, kinda thought it would be their thing?

OK I've finished my tanty now.... Am rebooking into another place that's well recommended tomorrow..

Anyway, sorted the center console stereo surround thingy, these surrounds are fucked in these cars, always broken, I had another busted up aswell so I fuxed it with glue and an old battery tray lol

Also Gave it a bath over the weekend, makes it look almost decent... first time the car has been washed since I bought it lol

Pedders are never good with aligning adjustable armed suspension. If it's harder than turning bolts to match specs in their laser machines, they will fuck it off with issues. Find a workshop that specializes in imports and get them to align or recommend someone that can. I take my car to a string aligner who sets up his own cars for Lakeside etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smithbro View Post
    Pedders are never good with aligning adjustable armed suspension. If it's harder than turning bolts to match specs in their laser machines, they will fuck it off with issues. Find a workshop that specializes in imports and get them to align or recommend someone that can. I take my car to a string aligner who sets up his own cars for Lakeside etc.
    Yeah seems so, I really don't even now what to think of them, but it's nothing good...

Anyway, Car is re-booked into a new place that gets plenty of toughies and show cars in there, been recommended by many people I know with big power cars, car goes in next Saturday for Monday slot, they told me straight up it may be there a week as they'll fit it in between bigger jobs, Seem like really good people.

All of the lows installed...

Yeah Ok, that's bullshit, It was jacked up.

Got my GTR rims back off my mate, tyres fitted and on, actually starting to look like a half decent car, was legit going to bang around as is but it's starting to grow on me so I'll get the bumpers painted before rego now

So this went to Suspension joint #2, As soon as I got there it came off the trailer and straight onto the hoist, they had a look under it, checked the LCA bushes that Pedders said were no good and showed me there was in fact nothing wrong with them, left it with them at 9:30am, had a phone call at 12:30pm saying the car was done!! (this was a public holiday!!)

They told me everything was fine bar strut tops have a slight crack and told me to address them in next few months, the rack had to be moved to one side slightly and they adjusted everything and did a full nut/bolt check on the whole show, 4 wheel alignment etc, $260 bill, all good, fuck Pedders....

Finally did the top radiator mounts...

Nutserts are fucking mint,

Also decided once I got it home I couldn't really live with driving it around looking like this...

Pulled the bars off and sent to a mate to paint them, awaiting them to return

Last edited by 350stato; 05-10-17 at 03:22 PM.

hmm you are persistent - I'll give you that.

Sanded front lip while waiting for bumpers to come back, pity, it kinda matches the bumper now

Also got mod plate done, have all the codes to be covered for fucking everything!!

Picked up bumpers and skirts this arvo, Painted lower lip in bumper black, turned out good for dodgy can job, have to make number plate light bracket for rear as Aus delivered ones are different, will sort this week and fit rear bar properly

Put front bar on, lights in, new to but new indicators for bumper still missing one and decided I want a tinted clear item to suit the car, grill paint is faded so will polish and maybe paint it up a little before fitting, pretty happy with how neat it came up

Put rear bar on for storage/looks, will sort number plate lights and re-fit

New rad overflow turned up, will get that on asap and send to OKE020's for catch can and tune..

Radiator overflow mounted, only spot I could find it to fit..

Number plate light brackets are (of fucking coarse) different between the Aus spec and Jap spec bumpers, the obvious thing to do here is to drill a new mounting hole and just screw it on..... SURE!! 3 different drill bits, 1 brand new, lube, no lube, I have no fucking idea what they made those fucking things out of, but I couldn't drill the bastard thing, made some dodgy shit from alloy plate..

Fitted, decided they look like arse, painted little cover things black, betterer..

Even put some silicon for sealant around the fucking bolt holes that no prick ever seems to!!

Rear bar on, even fitted front plate as it is now registered!! am taking it for it's first drive to OKE020's shop for catch can and E85 tune,
    Unsure when he will be able to finish it but assume I'll be driving it next week.. yay and stuff

That is seriously hot
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Got it out, made sure it ran ok and tried to re-bleed the cooling system, (did not need) sat idling for just on and hour, got to 82deg with the bonnet shut, wouldn't go over 77 with it open, fair to say the fan is working well,

Car drove ok for first little run, even saw a whole 10psi!!! sat about 70-75 driving but was only 10 min drive, will see how it goes on dyno, is now at OKE020's shop to be sorted...

Looks great mate. Good to see you stuck with it when there was plenty of times you could have said fuck it and sold up lol

So OKE020 made the catch can, I made a couple new lines and fitted it up, also bought a washer bottle and rear sway bar, fitted them, just more parts of the "complete car minus motor and box" that was missing...

Also bought these things as I had missing shit with mine, not fucking surprising, got down there, (hours drive) turns out they are fucking VT Commodore ones that some cunt siliconed to an S14 and this business was trying to flog them off as genuine clear NIssan items, still tried to sting me $40, ended up paying $20 just to fill the fucking hole and silicon the bloody things on myself....

Legit stole a couple of bottles of Scott's oil that was for his OKE020 Corolla for this weekends racing and did an oil change, and got it on the dyno finally

Seem the Microguess is playing funny games and changing fuel tables.. slightly concerning...

Has a missfire with anything over about 20psi, was on 25 on pump 98, was hoping it was just a dodgy plug even though they looked fine, left it for the night and bought a new set today and went from 7's to 8's,
    unfortunately no joy, and the Bosch coils don't seem to be able to provide the spark for the e85, Jake the painter, who is now Jake the exhaust guy now working for OKE020, had a spare set of LS1 coils, will try them sometime in the next week and try again..

Fucking car will be the end of me!
    Last edited by 350stato; 18-10-17 at 09:32 PM.

Keep up the stamina mate. The car is looking excellent.

Awesome. Who done the painwork for you ? Looks like a good job and i need my 180 done

Looking fucking mint and making me want another one badly. Awesome work bloke!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Thanks guys, will get it there, don't really have a fucking choice now ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Awesome. Who done the painwork for you ? Looks like a good job and i need my 180 done
    A mate did it, he has a small Panel shop in Thornside, Brisbane, Bartles Body Shop, don't sure if he does any advertising...

Quote Originally Posted by piss98 View Post
    Looking fucking mint and making me want another one badly. Awesome work bloke!
    x2 my brother in law fucked his off not so long ago to. I should have low balled him.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Had a day off today so went and spent it at the shop, Drove my little orange KE20 down (which I probably should do a thread for) was kind of cool to see them together looking like cars...

I made a dodgy coil bracket thingy up this morning,

Removed the old coil pack set up and X6 ignitor box..

Scott rewired the coilpacks with the LS1 units,

Got it back on the Dyno this arvo for to make numbers and take it the fuck home out of the shop..

Scott played with some shit I don't understand in the ecu, seems when I sent the ECU off to Microleb for flex fuel upgrades they've upgraded the map sensor, anyhoo, Scott seemed to make shit work and it held boosts but the numbers do seem down a bit, was up around the 550rwhp mark on pump 98 so thinking this should have been around the 600 on the change over alone, was struggling to make 500, anyway, is what it is, run with it,

After a couple of pulls the car simply would not make power, in fact, was getting slightly less and less, then seemed to stumble back to idle, which had to have fuel etc or whatever increased to make it idle as it starting dropping off a couple of times, Scott noticed oil pressure had dropped off quite a bit, 10psi at idle, 20psi at 5k rpm... no funny noises, start up speed still same and everything sounds ok but it does seem to be tightening up, obviously a bearing or 5 are just starting to go, Cunt...

Fucking RB junk, $1500 fucking oil pump plus extended crank collar etc and the cunt still cant keep the shit right..

Considering a part out, mostly cause I'm sore about it... probably just put it back in the shed until I can find time/money/fucks to give to do something with the steaming Red pile of fucking shit.
    Last edited by 350stato; 25-10-17 at 09:55 PM.

Farking hot rig!

Hang in there buddy, lots of potential in that set-up.

Great work so far.
    1970 RX2 coupe, 13b turbo.
    1973 Cortina, 5.0 Windsor
    1974 808 sedan, 12a Bridgeport
    1976 Datsun 260c Coupe

I've got a 1968 XT Falcon.........!

Bit unusual power dropped along with oil pressure?
    My low oil pressure CA18 used to rattle only at 1200rpm or so (rod bearings), sounded great anything above that.

I wouldn't worry too much. Have a few days away from the car. You've come this far, a bottom end rebuild is a piece of piss.