Thread: Business for sale - print publication

Business for sale - print publication

Yeah I can't fucking do this anymore. I have so much on my plate between demanding family, demanding day job that expects 60 hour weeks and travel, and trying to build up Race Mag.

So, Race Magazine is back on the market, tentatively. It's finally making a profit if only just (or will be if I can ever find the time to even sit down and email out all the invoices), I get regular enquiries on new ad space, subscriptions are growing reasonably well, and readership is very active. It's still in the early growth phase so it won't be paying a wage any time soon, but for someone willing to spend real time on it instead of my stolen time of the hour between leaving work and getting home or from the work shitter. If you can dedicate proper business development time and real time to write and assemble the layout it's all there ready to go.

I also have professional graphic designers waiting in the wings to do layouts and whatnot, and there's regular contributors for articles (you'll find you still need to write the tech stuff).

The magazine is in newsagents, and in electronic form on Pocketmags, iTunes, Amazon and Google Play.
    I also have ideas on how to grow print media in the current shithouse climate but absolutely no time to investigate it.

It's an awesome brand and is much loved by the readership.

I can guide you through the whole publication process on hand over. Someone talk to me I'm fucking dying here.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

You need an APS govco job. You'd have time to do the mag during the day AND get to wear sandals to work. Win win.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Hmmm... inneredasting.

Is this something that requires local presence, or could it be run remotely by email/skype from, say, Germany?

Might be tyre kicking it a little, but I've been contemplating a few things lately, and this could be the stocking filller I need to make it happen.
    Mit freundlichen Gre

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Duckworth View Post
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

It can be run remotely but it would be better with at least some prescience here. However, distributing in Europe with a mix of Aussie and local content would be killer good.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It can be run remotely but it would be better with at least some prescience here. However, distributing in Europe with a mix of Aussie and local content would be killer good.
    Absolutely this. I'd say there's enough blokes here on PF who could fill in with the local content from around the country too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Just having tossed my previous business and having nothing to do each day now, I'd be interested in this.

The only problem is it doesn't earn any money... historically seems it never has? (?Could be wrong?).

2 quick ones;

1- What will make it produce coin for the owner/publisher
    2- how much you want??

I'd be hitting up Brian Boyd/ Sugardaddy type punters who could ride off some Motorsport travel/ expenses on the thing
    Last edited by JESUS CHRIST; 19-08-17 at 04:26 PM.

Pm or email me. Happy to go through the figures.
    With the new advertisers on board and print costs under control, there's a solid future in it.

Pm or email me. Happy to go through the figures.
    With the new advertisers on board and print costs under control, there's a solid future in it.
    Just did.
    Lightning is at my discretion - don't fuck with me

Not a credible discussion.
    Still looking for interest in this.

Maybe try a few university's near by with some flyers on their notice boards - often they will do an entrepreneurship thing for 'small businesses' and winners will receive grants. Never know I guess..

Not a credible discussion.
    Still looking for interest in this.
    What? You PM'ed me some basic numbers which I won't tell.

I PM'ed you back with (quote) "Bugger, that's low numbers. I'm out "
    Last edited by JESUS CHRIST; 24-08-17 at 09:36 PM.