Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daft shit with an old L300 van

Daft shit with an old L300 van

So I don't have a great deal of photos of this car, wasn't really worthy of the time to take one...

I bought this van for $200 just to move 1 job and re-sell it, it had a massive cracked windscreen and a half missing harmonic balancer (outer came off), it still drove minus water pump, and still had a few months rego, So I put in a new screen for $150 and did the balancer which turned out to be it's own mission, new ones I was quoted $700+ just to supply the damned thing, suddenly I realized why it was cheap, all the wreckers either wouldn't separate one or wanted dumb arse money being anywhere from $400-$800, or $2500 - $2750 for a 2nd hand motor!!

I drove a truck at the time up and down the east coast and spotted a wreckers full of vans just north of Byron bay, hippyville, bought a 2nd hand balancer for $25, Got home, banged it on and away it went, drove not too bad, needed power steering though...

Anyway, the van now owed me $375 and did the job, thought I may as well flick it, if I got my money back, I was happy...

It sat for not even a week before it got used to quickly move a couple of things before I pissed it off, this started happening nearly every week, even had to move stuff in the rain, all good, shit didn't get wet, better than a ute! ended up with tie down point for kids motor bikes and a little fold up ramp I scored for it, damned thing turned out to be the most useful car I've ever owned and was used every week!!

A mate then out of work asked to buy it/pay it off so he could use it for a courier contract to get himself some work, so off it went, Hence stickers on the door...

After 4 months of the van getting raped on a daily basis, said mate had decided he was going backwards and couldn't keep it going, so he gave the van back and canned the courier shit, it sat for 3-4days, I drove it coupe klms down the road and heard what I thought was a rattle/knock, gave it a little rev, no noise, off I went further, few minutes later the noise came back but louder, decided it sounded like arse, pulled up, checked fluids etc, all good, turned around to drive home, rattle became knock, knock became bang, let all of it's smoke out the back and stopped with an impressive bang and clunk, exit engine... fuck

Sat it at a mates property until I could decide what to do with it,

Decided it was too handy a car to let go and the price of 2nd hand motors was fucked, so I bought a rolled van for $700, new van turned out to have a 2.0ltr motor, not the 2.4 I was told and was different in more way than I expected, was a low klm car (152K) so decided to part it out and recover money, actually made plenty off it, and kept the later model dash for my shit tin...

Anyway, life stuff happened at some point left it at mates property for ages until life didn't suck arse, ended up pulling it upto shed to do something with it,

Decided to wash the couple years of shit off it...

Ended up buying another complete identical van with apparent reco motor...

Turns out there are fucking more different fucking shit motors for these things than you can poke a fucking stick at!! sold van...

Decided engine was a stupid fucking price and if I was spending 3 fucking K on an engine, its wasn't a 4Gwhateverthefuckitisthistime...

I had a betterer plan...

Swapped in the later model dash...

Decided the 2.4ltr 4G didnt quite have the pull it should, I didn't like this look....

Betterer, Seemed a reasonable space....

And bought this....

Got shitbox home, pulled motor and box, fucked off the rest,

I had cut this hump section from the later model SWB van.... just in case I needed more room??.... at least I'm learning my own stupid ways...

1JZ front sump seems to fit...

Borrowed old 1jz block from OKE020..

Last edited by 350stato; 19-08-17 at 07:33 AM.

Stripped off junk....

Test fitted 1000cc injectors I stole off S14 shitbox with new fuel rail....

Introduced Toyota to Mitsubishi...

Last edited by 350stato; 18-08-17 at 08:20 PM.

I like where this is going..

They seem to have hit it off....... sort of..., absolute cunt, engine ever need to come back out, its head off first or I'm cutting the fucking van!

Engine is stock 1JZ and A340 auto..

Bought shit china plenum that's way to big...

Cut it's fucking head off...

Cuts it's little balls off...

Cut it's fucking head off again...

Made shorter shit that almost fits...

Cuts it's face off

At this point I kinda forgot to take pics, but not a great deal done anyway, Scott (OKE020) welded plenum up for me, threw it in the hole, not yet fitted properly, I customized a VL radiator and layed that down under the front

Bought an Autronic SMC and CDi that was running an identical setup, mounted ECU, radiator fan, Walbro 460 fuel pump with -6 lines, installed L300 power steering rac cause it was aids without it with the 4cyl, fuck driving it with the weight if the JZ...

Have collected a few parts, intercooler, the first gt35 off the S14, bought a .63 rear housing so it will spool early and be good for daily drive..

Am now selling .63 rear to change to .82 rear cause daily shit needs moar power......

Have also gone much smaller cooler due to placement, will now be mounted underneath near gearbox with fan

So here it sits in the corner of the yard, awaiting it's turn again, S14, then van, then maybe the fucking VL....

Last edited by 350stato; 18-08-17 at 08:43 PM.

25 schmeckles? Do the safety dance.'s Avatar
    Yes

...and then?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by landbarge; 18-08-17 at 09:59 PM.

This seems like it'll be fun.

But also seems ALOT of work and fuck around for something that you acquired as a quick flip. Grown too attached to it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rascasse View Post
    This seems like it'll be fun.

But also seems ALOT of work and fuck around for something that you acquired as a quick flip. Grown too attached to it?!
    Ha ha, yes, it turned out to be a very handy car, and after my old 308 Tarago van, and the last 302 L300, it makes sense...

Real life axe man Justin Bieber's Avatar
    Hah this is ridiculous. I fucking love it.

Needs curtains and a lounge in the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    Trump v Clinton is like cheering for the clap or genital warts. Either way it's gonna be ugly....

Love this as I also have the L300 disease...

Imagine the things the inside of that wicked camper must have seen...
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Ah yes, lets play which fucking engine does this fucking pile of shit have in it, remember it well. I suppose you get that when the model has been around for 30 years. And Mitsubishi having so many engines that are the same but different.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    This seems worth following. Update when your ready please Sir.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Crazy pointless 'way too much time and money in way too shit a car' projects like this are what makes this forum so great.

Mad cunt.

All hail the Jizzlevan!

Actually remember seeing a L300 van with a 1JZ in it 10 years ago or so , would be a cool daily . Probably my favourite of all your projects you've got going

Mad!

PM me about that rear housing if you haven't sold it already to
    BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Subscribing for updates when they happen, this is too cool to let die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitephyre View Post
    All hail the Jizzlevan!
    Cunt.....
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Subscribing for updates when they happen, this is too cool to let die.

It will happen, S14 shit is close so will knock that on the head then get into this.... maybe the VL.. fucken

Van has been sent to autosparktrician, 90% of wiring is now done, few small things left, main being battery cable once battery relocation is sorted and injector plugs, fan etc,

The dash, Autronic, Walbro 460 pump and most other things have been done by Kev Rowley,

Van back in it's hole and dash has also been put together finally, Will pick up .82 rear housing tomorrow

Washed the van yesterday in preparation for it's trip...

Last edited by 350stato; 16-09-17 at 07:55 AM.

Van went to Goleby's shop yesterday, They are sorting a few thing on it for me, I am running out of time for all these cars,

They will be doing pwr steer lines, finishing off the the intake manifold, intercooler and piping, exhaust manifold and mounting turbo, fitting up the shifter and removing and refitting box once it goes to Gilroys automatics for valve body and convertor while it's in Toowoomba, am pushing to have the van on road in next few months.

That is going to be terrifying when its done, even with the stock ceramic turbos a 1J Soarer will get up and move, and they're at least kind of low and wide when you come to a corner

Good luck!
    WWPBD

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum View Post
    first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
    Fuckwits Incorporated

lol at how to wash the van

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CXTdreamer View Post
    That is going to be terrifying when its done, even with the stock ceramic turbos a 1J Soarer will get up and move, and they're at least kind of low and wide when you come to a corner

Good luck!
    Yeah, should be...interesting...

I had a 308 in a Tarago, handled like arse, cant be any worse lol

Lol, once it's running you should do a follow up video on washing the van by doing helis around a sprinkler. I reckon it won't be that scary, the extra wheelbase will help the stability abit.

I had a SWB L300 with an EF injected 302, it wasn't to bad so this should be fine, Will attempt follow up vids...

Mad.

Been some progress with this shit box at Golbey's, Gearbox has been sent to Gilroys automatics, had a manual valve body done and modded the convertor, he has been into it this week for me, He stole a CNC flange from 6boost maniflods, has made the manifold using stock ported 1JZ manifolds (budget thing) mounted the wastegate off the rear hosing, and mounted the intercooler and BOV in an awesome spot under the sump, he has also done turbo lines for me, few other jobs to do but think it will be ready for pick up this weekend or next week sometime, yay and stuff...

Last edited by 350stato; 12-10-17 at 01:39 PM.