Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What car v.eleventy

Seriously, you don't have an inkling to what you want? You're either a salesperson' dream or their worst nightmare lol.

Problem is he doesn't have room for all of them
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Seriously, you don't have an inkling to what you want? You're either a salesperson' dream or their worst nightmare lol.
    Itd be the fez easy. But what I want is all three lol. I think realistically itll be either a 458/488 or a huracan.

Gt3rs is super good but its not got the same WEOW LOOK AT MEEEEEE as the other italians.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrboyy View Post
    Problem is he doesn't have room for all of them
    Its cause you havent finished the commodore lol

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Look at all these baby supercars - cute.

812 Superfast - 590kw, thats 790 hp.... should use up your budget nicely at $600k + onroads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    430CS is prono. Lime green wrap less so. Much less so.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    cunt i wasnt even born in 86. but there are plenty regoed right now
    Car shows of various sorts had a Testarossa every now & again, they were a Big Thing; but they were never registered, they were owned by someone who wanted to own one & drive it on a track every now and again.

The fact that they couldn't be registered when they were new is why people are often surprised they can be now.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Dunno about you, but if it was my money (not that I have that much), I'd go something that is a few years old and rare and manual. I don't like depreciation, though I'm not smart enough to avoid it myself with my stupid spending over the years! Not mentioned yet, but for mine would be the Gallardo Balboni special. 2WD and manual. That sort of thing appeals to me, and it must do to others. Dunno if available or what the price of one is.

360 fezza too slow for mine. Sounds great, but seen too many get hosed on track. 430 would be it, last of the manuals plus look nicer. Though a 455 appeals to me, been on track with one, but can't remember too much - think I was busy driving my car and couldn't hear a thing in any case... Maybe I'm getting too old, but the sound of a car is becoming more important to me that actual outright performance, within reason. Hence the 458 over the 488. Both are fast, and you get to enjoy the sound of a 458 a little longer in each gear, yet still be belting along.

Couldn't go an old Lambo. Looking over a Diablo at a show the other week - more of a 'kit car' than mine almost! Interior and dashboard was very sad place. Still, was funny following it down the main drag to Freo and watching people flip out over it as it went through the traffic! You're right, a Porsche just don't have that effect, much as they may be a great track toy.

Anyway, enough dreaming from me, I'll let the adults with the real (not monopoly) money make the decisions!

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    https://www.carsales.com.au/demo/det...12469584/?Cr=3

$550k driveaway no more to pay!

It's a one-off apparently, special order, blah, blah, etc...
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Mechanical 'Tard Cliffordcliffs's Avatar
    I'm curious as to how the sales process on a second handy works. I imagine going and bouncing on each corner, enthusiastically rowing through the gearshift, looking at the engine bay making hmm noises doesn't just quite cut it.

Sure, you could just wood duck it and hand over the cash if you are true baller, but there must be some special considerations in this sort of purchase? I can't imagine CTS being cool with you driving a few different cars and then tossing the old "I'll think about it" line.
    Last edited by Cliffordcliffs; 24-08-17 at 07:27 AM.
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Have you bought a Challenger Hellcat and a low K Gallardo yet?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
    I'm curious as to how the sales process on a second handy works. I imagine going and bouncing on each corner, enthusiastically rowing through the gearshift, looking at the engine bay making hmm noises doesn't just quite cut it.

Sure, you could just wood duck it and hand over the cash if you are true baller, but there must be some special considerations in this sort of purchase? I can't imagine CTS being cool with you driving a few different cars and then tossing the old "I'll think about it" line.

Tony - the dealer I spoke to was very nice actually. I rocked up in the clapped out range rover and in what could pass as home clothes. lol he showed me the cars and even went to the other garage they've got just before closing to get the huracan. Let me have a go in it and the 488.

Before I left there were some kids walking on the sidewalk with a camera and they stopped to look at the huracan outside. He unlocked it and let them sit inside and all that. When I left and was driving up the street he let them into the showroom (this was about 10 mins after their closing time) and let them take pics of the SV and all the other cars.

but then that doesnt have much to do with buying lol

If I had $600k laying about, I'd find another $98k behind the sofa cushions and buy me a Cuntash.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    Car shows of various sorts had a Testarossa every now & again, they were a Big Thing; but they were never registered, they were owned by someone who wanted to own one & drive it on a track every now and again.

The fact that they couldn't be registered when they were new is why people are often surprised they can be now.
    Couple of things, there's nothing to say they couldn't be registered here other than the fact none were officially imported. Secondly, there weren't many RHD ones built, claimed 438 RHD built. And finally, those who could afford one here, wouldn't have used it as a daily and probably had access to a trade plate or permit to use it once or twice a year.

All that aside, there are 8 on carsales and all are under $400k
    Last edited by irsa76; 26-08-17 at 03:34 PM.

Guy on the Soarer forums has two of em...

I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

They don't have much of a rep though, do they? They're firmly in the "never drive your heroes" zone aren't they?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

From memory he said they are hard work to drive, eg no power steering, '80s italian ergonomics

3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Fuck it sounds good when he opens it up!

3x1UZ+1x2UR...

That gels with what I've read; it's all about the engine, feel & sound & even appearance. Everything else in the car is shit, steering & braking & electronics & build-quality & handling; they were still going with the Enzo thing of the car being a way of moving the engine around.

Quote Originally Posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
    Guy on the Soarer forums has two of em...
    One of them LHD that he does the occasional sprint in down in Victoria?

Flat 12 is good, but mounting it above the gearbag is a bit too special.
    Last edited by Smudge; 26-08-17 at 11:13 PM.
    He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Ok so picking this up next week.

What car v.eleventy

Beautiful!

Cuntgratulaions

Fucking what? Buying $3k Jag's and early Rangies and now a Huracan?

I literally can't even.

Also, you cunts are doing this wrong.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4727577/?Cr=0

Spend the rest on a brick, out pimp any nigger in anything anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi View Post
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnitzelburger View Post
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

I've got a pullman back at home thats undergoing resto still. lol

but I saw one the other day on the road heading opposite me in maroon. Looked so nice.

It says a lot about this place that I can't even tell if this is a joke.

outstanding. Lorbek have a lot of nice cars.

I assume a road trip back home is on the cards.
    VT, VH & C43

yeah flying down monday and driving back. will also be taking a conti GT back.

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Hows your dog going to fit in this?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02