Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nankang AR-1 R Spec tyre review

Quote Originally Posted by evovi View Post
    Has anyone run these of an evo yet? It's hard to find info on pressures, I was thinking of running them at 28 cold for hillclimb/targa. Car will be running at approx 1450kg.

From what I've seen most people are running around 30 psi hot. Any recommendations?
    Jono Hansen from Aussie Trailer hire runs them and is who I bought mine from.
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by bp18t View Post
    Very true. IPRA will never change from yokos.
    Personally, I reckon the best thing IPRA could do would be to not have a control tyre. Open it up the Prod Car Tyre List. Alot of people will switch to the much cheaper and arguably equally fast Hankook, which is the only thing that might ever make Yokohama bring their pricing back towards the rest of the market.
    Last edited by hrd; 22-11-17 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evovi View Post
    Has anyone run these of an evo yet? It's hard to find info on pressures, I was thinking of running them at 28 cold for hillclimb/targa. Car will be running at approx 1450kg.

From what I've seen most people are running around 30 psi hot. Any recommendations?
    A friend of mine has run them on his full weight evo. Ran them at 30ish initially and wasn't too happy. Next track day he tried mid 30's and was much happier. On his advice i aimed for 36 hot, ended up between 34-36 front to back and it worked quite well for me. These tyres dont seem to mind a bit of extra pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by hrd View Post
    Personally, I reckon the best thing IPRA could do would be to not have a control tyre. Open it up the Prod Car Tyre List. Alot of people will switch to the much cheaper and arguably equally fast Hankook, which is the only thing that might ever make Yokohama bring their pricing back towards the rest of the market.
    Agree it should be opened up. But it seems like the typical scare mongering from a select few saying it will increase costs, with people having one brand for qually, another for wet and another for dry races. That may well be the case for those wanting to be uber competitive, but surely 80% of the field would be happy if they can run mid field for less money. They may even improve times as they could afford more practice days on cheaper rubber. Be very surprised if there's any change.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Sports Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by hrd View Post
    Ipra spending is out of control now. It's so far away from club level it's crazy. They might as well open tyres up. Some people will spend for the best but it gives the option to the slower guys to buy cheaper tyres.
    Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN