Thread: WTB: Gas Gas 400 or 450 FSE cylinder head

WTB: Gas Gas 400 or 450 FSE cylinder head

Long shot but meh. Chasing quite a few parts for a 2002 400 FSE if anyone knows of one being wrecked. A lot of the 450 stuff will also fit my 400.

The engines are based on the DRZ400. I used DRZ hotcams in my 08 FSR515 with a bit of machining. I don't know how hard it would be to get hold of a DRZ head to compare it to your head but it would probably cost more than the bike is worth.

That's the GG in my avatar.

I've actually got a DRZ head but there are a couple of differences like provision for coolant temp sensor, no oil drain and slightly different inlet spigot angle. It would work though. The bike had dropped a valve and someone tried to fix it but had no idea what they were doing.

What's needed modding to get the hot cams to fit if you don't mind me asking? My GG exhaust cam isn't going to be reusable and it looks like it has way more duration than the standard DRZ one.

I had a look at old photos and I only replaced one cam due to an auto decomp failure. You can see the stock cam on the left and the DRZ cam on the right and the machining to make it fit. I remember reading somewhere that the cams drop straight into older models. GG changed the casting at some point. They like to fuck with things for no good reason.