Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Corolla van

Quote Originally Posted by tim510 View Post

If it was me I'd organise a hire car with all your personal shit in it. Clothes, sun shade, someone to check into your hotel room for you etc
    Solid suggestion, taking the guesswork out of the logistics would allow you to just deal with the car etc... If I don't end up doing powertour next year I might spectate drag week instead, would happily do that kinda work for any pfers competing if so
    Quote Originally Posted by myshortyboomba View Post
    I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

\/ \/ My motivation \/ \/ ALLMTR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9triton View Post
    do you have an entry already ?

I imagine these fill up in days once the entry is opened.

so if you had a entry you would cancel after xmas?
    Entries open and tracks/dates announced in feb/mar. In the history of Drag Week no one has ever lobbed and been knocked back. Having said that, I'll try to get it done the formal way (though I think entries open at 3am aussie time).

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Do the aussie guys like farone and the torana dude leave their cars over there or ship them back and forth ?
    I think the hatchback SS is being left there. Arby's co driver is currently dragging one of his drag week cars (Capri) back to the west coast with his other drag week car (dodge) to bring them both back

what is the entry cost ?

No idea

Quote Originally Posted by Fraud View Post
    Solid suggestion, taking the guesswork out of the logistics would allow you to just deal with the car etc... If I don't end up doing powertour next year I might spectate drag week instead, would happily do that kinda work for any pfers competing if so
    That's really outside the spirit (and possibly the rules)

Decided we're going to get a built th400. With 3.5 gears, it doesn't really need the overdrive. I can take the auto out of the VS as my spare
    Last edited by ALLMTR; 22-09-17 at 05:40 PM.
    1jz Rolla Van ....... 11.6 at 124mph

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Decided were going to get a built th400. With 3.5 gears, it doesn't really need the overdrive. I can take the auto out of the VS as my spare
    Why not glide?
    Last edited by 350stato; 22-09-17 at 04:41 PM.

Glide would be a bit shitty with tallish gears and biggish turbo on smallish motor

"Reacher figured if he could put that drivetrain in some battered old sedan body, then that would be his kind of car"

what is the entry cost ?
    Just shy of 4 benjamin's for 2017 and a handful of change on top if ya wanna pay by credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Just shy of 4 benjamin's for 2017 and a handful of change on top if ya wanna pay by credit card.

cheaper than I thought

don't want to exclude the battlers

Will the th400 fit in the tunnel without removing the seats?

Kristian reckons it'll fit

A340 is a fairly big box, So T400 shouldn't be far off a small tap with a hammer if at all

Opens
    It took a lot of tapping to get the th400 into my Aristo (a340 hole) - good choice on box though.

Preparation is the key.

Chuck, i assume your passenger is extremely passionate and capable? Or you are just flying Scott (OKE20) over. He would hands down be my passenger of choice. Mechanic, tuner, welder, fixer'er.

If it was me I'd organise a hire car with all your personal shit in it. Clothes, sun shade, someone to check into your hotel room for you etc. Turn that car way down to do flat 10's and survive the event.
    Support car= you're out. That said, it's encouraged that competitors help each other out, so it's acceptable that if a bloke running a big car with all sorts of shit helps out another bloke.
    There were a couple of guys on Bang Shift that were going to run together and help each other out, couple of Fox bodies and a V8 Ranger.

You could get away with what Tim is talking about as long as you were nowhere near the race car. Seems kinda lame though and not in the spirit of the event/treading a fine line on breaking the rules.

The way to do it is safety in numbers. Travel in a group of cars and when shit gets tough you can run errands for each other, one person books all the accomodation etc.

I guess you could be sneaky and buy like a 12 second whatever late model shitter and run one of the index classes, do one pass a day and then get the route map, run errands, get to hotels early etc. still seems kinda gay. Maybe if I was running a Promod I'd worry about shit like that
    Quote Originally Posted by RVK 355 View Post
    Hold it flat cunt

Opens
    What Tim suggested was happening this year, saw it with my own eyes. Same rental cars pulling up just a bit away from the checkpoints with the same top 20 cars. Other guys just entered a shitter 2nd car for support only.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    I'm tempted to hire a car and tag along watching too. Anyone else ?
    Do it!

Keep in mind that next year the rules are all subject to change-the rule freeze expired this year.

Frieburger was saying not much is going to change

I think you'd have to have class winning aspirations to really give a shit about rules. Most people are just happy to run whatever class they fit in
    Hold it flat cunt

Opens
    Yeah you ainít gonna win shit. Just go and tick it off your list.

We're in sssbpa which had half a dozen cars hot lapping in the 8.5xx range. We have no chance in the class

Yeah the two guys that came first and second were swapping spots at the end of the last day. They had people at home watching the times on the live feed and calculating what they needed to run to win. They were team mates too. Pretty cool.
    Hold it flat cunt

Opens
    Lstuner.com guys. Absolute champs. I had a few long chats with them , running first and second , and had all the time in the world for a random tourist.

that dude was probably the most willing to chat out of all the people we spoke to on the trip. the fox wagon that was with them was my favorite car from the week. Rods and pistons in a junkyard 5.3 with cnc'd heads and stock intake and exh manifolds running 8.50's. Fucking rad.
    RB26......................Again

Interested , I have always wanted to go to drag week might make it my first overseas trip mate .

Opens
    Aussie Chevelle guys were super nice as well

Opens
    /i

Quote Originally Posted by psi999 View Post
    /i
    Details???

I've emailed pro torque (converter) and Rossler (auto) to see if they ship to Aus. Still on track to debut on the 4th. Hope to not grenade the 340 before I have a 400 organised

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    Details???

I've emailed pro torque (converter) and Rossler (auto) to see if they ship to Aus. Still on track to debut on the 4th. Hope to not grenade the 340 before I have a 400 organised
    Goleby was getting a fair bit of seat time out of the A340, think last one was 12 months or so and many many klms/skids etc

Opens
    Chevelle guys werenít the most friendly to their fellow spectating country men. My feelings were hurt and they were deemed to be wankers from that time onwards. Falcon ute guys and Arbyís were both genuine legends.

Chuck when are you heading out to race it?.

Chevelle guys werenít the most friendly to their fellow spectating country men. My feelings were hurt and they were deemed to be wankers from that time onwards.
    Thats a bit shit cunt of them towards you. Thought they would have been good value from all the video footage I saw. Harry did seem pissy at times with officials when he was having various problems but I just put it down to fustration and being hell tired
    Last edited by LB-XP; 24-09-17 at 09:38 PM.