Thread: Decent camping in mundaring (perth)?

Decent camping in mundaring (perth)?

Went for a lap out to lake leschenaultia this morning, and it got me wondering if there are any decent camping spots out that way. Not the council/ govo allocated ones that are always chockers with cunts. But some where quiet, and away from every fucker.
    Never really known the area for camping, more a day trip thrash effort. But if anyone has a good spot to share that would be awesome.

Cheers, calum.

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    That area is still more densely populated than the country proper, most of the land is private property so your best bet is to wing it in the national park south of GEH Chidlow but even then you'll likely come across trail bikers and bush bashers. You have to head further east into farm country to find any really quiet spots.

Just jump on Google earth, look for isolated pockets marked as reserves or parks and check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Avon valley has opened up some spots apparently. Nasho park though. A mate went out there recently and had the place to himself.
    Is that too far Norf?
    There are loads of spots to camp cleanly for a night off powerlines too. Secrets

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cool cheers guys, yeah avon valley is worth a look, have not been out there in quite a while.

Yeah, often see the remenance of camp fires out on PowerLines, which i assume is desperation or someone who got stuck. But ive never really investigated all the tracks that run of it that may have some potential.

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    Yep, have camped in a spot in Brigadoon a km or so from Bells Rapids we just found by chance

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    3x1UZ+1x2UR...

Cool, good to know. Might go for a lap out there next weekend.

Go down Flynn road, and keep going until the T intersection, hand a right and this is where dirt bikes go... go exploring and you'll find a heap of quiet places to camp the night or weekend.
    Helena River, check it out on google maps.

Cool cheers mate, had a google lurk and it looks interesting.
    On the topic of google lurking, i was looking down south and noticed a body of water that id never seen before called christmas creek, i dont know how the fuck ive never seen/ acknowledged it before, being that its right off del park rd, and not small.
    So any of you chaps know if there is any 4wd access and camping on it? Feel free to call me potatoe for not seeing it before haha

Keen for PF 4wd adventure. I'll even take my side steps off!!
    xw Falcon 393 full race cam, NGK spark plugs.

Fuckin a! Im keen, just need the 4wd part now. Ah fuck it, ill just take the calais, its stock height. Just mr plow haha

Yup. This could be a laugh.

Pollitically incorrect
    mundaring pub used to do an epic sunday session.

HTH
    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Quote Originally Posted by nastysven View Post
    mundaring pub used to do an epic sunday session.

HTH
    Near the weir? Good spot

Quote Originally Posted by landbarge View Post
    Near the weir? Good spot

Good pub, its my goto venue for targa west. get a pint, drag a chair out the front, sit in the sun and watch the blur of cars go past.

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Fuckin a! Im keen, just need the 4wd part now. Ah fuck it, ill just take the calais, its stock height. Just mr plow haha
    Nah, you can grab a lift.
    I need someone for the deep end of the snatch strap.
    Lots of minis & mokes including a G13b powered Sports Sedan, a couple of Swift Gtis, a Goggomobil, 928S, Polo Gti, BMW 540i, a WRX and a Navara with the deadly ZD30

Haha get me gumboots on hey?

Quote Originally Posted by landbarge View Post
    Avon valley has opened up some spots apparently. Nasho park though. A mate went out there recently and had the place to himself.
    Is that too far Norf?
    It's certainly not a bad area and its pretty quiet but it's not proper 4wding either.

Not a bad option for an easy overnight getaway though and its a bit nicer than the other local options.

Thats fine, the kind of thing im looking for really. Just jump in the car on a friday arv after work and head out sort of spots.
    And the "not proper 4wding" thing is ok, as it will be test to see how well my 5 month old daughter handles camping in a general sense anyway. So it sounds pretty good so far.

Is this happening?

Thats fine, the kind of thing im looking for really. Just jump in the car on a friday arv after work and head out sort of spots.
    And the "not proper 4wding" thing is ok, as it will be test to see how well my 5 month old daughter handles camping in a general sense anyway. So it sounds pretty good so far.
    Perfect for her.
    We did similar with our two. We packed two car sponges and stuffed em in one each side of our first borns head.

Power lines track has heaps of chicken tracks to avoid neck snapping action for the bubba.
    Loads of get out of Dodge tracks and back to the main drag too. You prob know this though

With a baby i wouldn't bother with proper 4wd camping trips either, unless your both serious campers as it can all just become too much hard work. Kids love 4wding, as above just protect their neck but the biggest issue is mum... Wait till you get stuck with a baby and mum on board! Been there, done that.

Boxing day last year my 4wd accesories were limited to the usual recovery stuff but her friends we were with had an awning and fridge and those 2 things made her so much more open to the idea about 4wding & camping with young kids.

I think you can still use a firepit at the Avon Valley campsites outside of fire season?
    Last edited by docile1; 07-09-17 at 11:37 PM.

Yeah already knew about powerlines, mangled many a sill panel there haha.
    But that sponge trick is fucking brilliant, will definitely be doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by docile1 View Post
    With a baby i wouldn't bother with proper 4wd camping trips either, unless your both serious campers as it can all just become too much hard work. Kids love 4wding, as above just protect their neck but the biggest issue is mum... Wait till you get stuck with a baby and mum on board! Been there, done that.

Boxing day last year my 4wd accesories were limited to the usual recovery stuff but her friends we were with had an awning and fridge and those 2 things made her so much more open to the idea about 4wding & camping with young kids.

I think you can still use a firepit at the Avon Valley campsites outside of fire season?
    Yeah both the nopics and myself are pretty keen campers/4wders the last trip we did was 2 weeks before the nugget was born. So we are both keen as to get back out there. Hopefully the bub can handle it.
    Starting to regret selling her gq now haha.
    Fuck, i need to get rid of the calais, any takers? Haha

We did the Holland Track when my first son was 3 months old, the sooner you take them, the sooner they get used to it and you get a rhythm going with all their shite.