Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB25/30 Patrol

Haha if only things were that easy. I ended up emailing where they told me they'd sold hundreds of the kits and that I probably have the wrong girdle... don't see how that's the case... the studs also hit my sump... possible difference between girdles on the rb30 in GQs... Anyway, got some high tensile spacers made up as they pretty much said its my fault haha.
    My camping trip didn't go ahead so I slowed down a bit... have been getting everything together and planned.

Bottom end together. ARP head studs in ready for the head.

All other bits and pieces on...

And everything ready to go... just need accessory belts and finish the oil drains from turbo and head once in the car.

Think i'll be pulling the old motor out tomorrow and making a start on mounting my W2A heat exchanger... no room out front because I want air con so may be moving the radiator backwards into the bay and running thermos instead... will be tight but I think it'll work.

Old engine bay... out with the old.

Empty.

In with the new.

More room in the bay than before... even bellhousing bolts were easy to access.

Started with the fuel system.

This WAS my plan for fuel system... this is the lift pump.

This will be changing though... there is actually bugger all room for the swirl pot setup I have here from another car... Plenty of places I could mount it if it were a street only car... but being an offroader... So I think I'll be modifying this again... cut the tubing out and running twin deatschwerks in tank pumps, twin -6 merged to the single -8 line to the rail. There's a little swirl pot surround in tank that the pump pickups will sit in so I think it'll be fine. I can address it again later if I need to.

Remade the fuel pump hanger... utilising parts from an old build so it worked out nice in the end... was a tight fit getting everything in though. Twin Deatschwerks pumps.

And mounted the cooler. Piping will be snug but should all fit.

Intercooler now sits where the power steering reservoir once sat... so this has been relocated. I mounted it to the intercooler bracket... made it easy.

Tucked the IC water pump away behind the headlight. Shows how snug it all is.

Intercooler complete.

4 Bar MAP sensor mounted. (ignore some of the wiring... will be tidied at a later date)

Made a bracket up for a catch can... running out of places for things, but this was the last addition today.

Mounted boost solenoid on the piss! Hooked up to compressor housing and Precision 46mm external gate.

Have been worried about fitment of the air intake for this system. It needs to run to the back corner for the snorkel setup I'm after. Originally planned for the intake to run under the pipe to the rear, but didn't have the right angle/room. So I modified the "compressor housing to intercooler" pipe... angled it down and ran a 45 degree pipe so I could get the 4" over the top. Using a 135 degree joiner, with a smidge trimmed off for fitment, it sits perfectly between turbo and cooler, and over the pipe nicely to a decent spot in the corner... pretty happy with it so far!

Started little bits in the wiring department. Have to finish off the headlight harness. Also getting ready to tackle the engine harness, wiring it to the Link G4+ Xtreme.
    Last edited by Daynesy; 07-03-18 at 11:48 PM.

Looking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Skids?

Means well but is skittled

This is awesome as fuck!

I got more excited when i saw you will be running an external gate

Looking good nice to see someone else playing with a water to air intercooler also! Can I ask what sort of pump you are using for your intercooler setup? I'm a bit worried the one that came with my "kit" is a bit undersized for the application :/
    1JZ RA28 (yoshi) the toymotor sillycar
    http://performanceforums.com/forums/...gte-ra28-skids
    200B wagon
    LOW AND SLOW STOCKER

Skids soon... in next 3 weeks I say. External gate plumb back though... don't want trouble in my daily, i'm over worrying about coppers.
    Yeah water to air was the best option for me to keep A/C etc... also for beach driving it's probably a better option. Pump is a Rule 401C kit pump also... 31L per minute it pumps... Should be plenty for my application I think... I'd honestly look at running a tank for supply/return to increase volume of water personally... I think that'd be a better option... or a better heat exchanger.

Have been busy with some other things lately, some house moving etc. But anyway, nearly there now.

Modified accelerator bracket:

Piping done minus welding top pipe, ready to go though:

Exhaust is an Xforce unit for an RD28. Brackets need to be made, held in place with stainless ties at the moment... will take it to exhaust shop to make hangers, I can't be bothered!

Modified the front pipe, had to cut and twist to get it in the right orientation. Also added a V-band instead of the 3 bolt flange setup:

Exhaust in final position:

3" dump with plumbed back external wastegate:

Exhaust complete:

Onto the wiring, fuel side wired up to front:

And wiring harness well underway... hopefully finish that off today which leaves me with relay wiring before startup:

The car had a fair few gremlins upon startup... all of which have been rectified. It now starts up nicely, idles and even took it for a drive without cooler pipes... turbo whistle even at about 2500rpm sounds great... can't wait to start tuning! Have a few days tidying things up before I start on a safe road tune for run in. Plenty more to do but can be done a little later as well.

Stoked!